Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
ILUVWINNI

Default Can Someone PLEASE Help Moultonborogh Water

Hi there...I am hoping someone can help me regarding a Summer Rental's ease of boating/Jetskiing access....After weeks of looking I thought I found the Perfect rental for our large family group...Later when talking to a friend.he mentioned that he thinks the place is on Green's basin and is reedy/rocky etc...He thinks they do not allow jet skis for this reason....It is on 228 gilman point rd .in Moultonborough and none of this was mentioned by the RE even tho I did mention we have a 24 ft boat and 2 jetskis....Is anyon e familiar with this area/water that could help...Thx do much!!
ILUVWINNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:48 AM   #2
Lakegeezer

The property values in Greens Basin are lower than similar properties in other parts of the lake, partly because of the water quality. The water is less clear and there is quite a bit of milfoil around the shoreline, although many property owners have cleared their beach area of the weed. Funding to address the milfoil problem will be voted on in March at the town meeting. Greens Basin is also quite isolated from the rest of the lake. Not only in distance, but there are several no-wake zones to get into big water area, so it takes a while.

That said, the greater Greens Basin area is quiet, has a lot of marshland wildlife and beautiful scenery. Great for a canoe or kayak. Good for pickerel fishing. There are lots of rocks to watch out for in the Greens area, but that is not unique. You'll find rock gardens in many places on the lake.

Last edited by Lakegeezer; 02-01-2010 at 02:52 AM. Reason: add to
Lakegeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakegeezer For This Useful Post:
ILUVWINNI (02-01-2010)
Old 02-01-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
lawn psycho

My recommendation is to spend a little more money on a place in Meredith, Center Harbor, or Wolfeboro.

As Lake Geezer mentioned, it is somewhat isolated from the main part of the lake.
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post:
ILUVWINNI (02-01-2010)
Old 02-01-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
hancoveguy

Default greens basin

I can't speak to the jetski issue but we are in the next cove over and we use greens basin for tubing. There are a few rocky spots but nothing you cant avoid by paying attention. If you go through one no wake zone you will be in another area for tubing and in that area I see jetskis all the time. It takes us about 15 minutes to get to M-boro bay from Greens basin with all the no wake zones but it is very scenic and a nice ride.
If you are staying a week and are planning on boating to destinations on the lake more than a few times the previous poster is right... spend the money for a location more centrally located. If you just want some good boating and the occasional jaunt out to the big lake you'll be all set.

good luck
hancoveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hancoveguy For This Useful Post:
ILUVWINNI (02-01-2010)
Old 02-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
rider

Default Depends on the jetski

If its a stand up jetski or 2 seater, prepare to get harassed by the DEM. If its a 3 seater, your safe. Its very rocky there so keep a heads up and you will be ok. When the lake drops low, depending on how much your boat draws, you are going to have to trim up the outdrive in certain areas.
rider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rider For This Useful Post:
ILUVWINNI (02-01-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
Sue Doe-Nym

Rider is right re PWCs and boating. A 3+ seat PWC is considered a boat and is ok in Greens's Basin. Smaller ones will subject you to possible weekend run ins with the MP. Get yourself a recent chart and take a while to check things out and you should have a great time.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
ILUVWINNI (02-01-2010)
Old 02-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #7
ILUVWINNI

Default Thanks to all of you for the help

Well I'm still not sure what I should do but at least I know now what we have to decide.......Our problem alwys ends up with our dogs....Not many of the larger places will allow 3 dogs and they have to travel with us so we are limited...Meredith is really my Favorite town we've rented in but havent found anything yet and we have to put a deposit on this one by Thursday....I'll let you know....Thanks again!!
ILUVWINNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:42 AM   #8
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVWINNI View Post
Well I'm still not sure what I should do but at least I know now what we have to decide.......Our problem alwys ends up with our dogs....Not many of the larger places will allow 3 dogs and they have to travel with us so we are limited...Meredith is really my Favorite town we've rented in but havent found anything yet and we have to put a deposit on this one by Thursday....I'll let you know....Thanks again!!
I have a place in Green's Basin and I don't have a problem with milfoil. I have also had a PWC ( fits 3 people) for years and it's legal in the basin. I have been in Green's Basin for 57 years. It would be a great place to vacation. The only drawback is that it is may take some time for you to get to the big part of the lake. I can get there relatively quickly though on my jetski.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #9
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Long Island Bridge Campground

is a great place to keep your boat. Check it out. If you don't have a tent, trailer or RV, they have limited cabins you can rent. You can boat just about anywhere from the spot. Fantastic beach nearby!