Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
OCDACTIVE

Default Miami boat show

is anyone going to the Miami Boat Show this year? I will be down for a couple of days. Should be some nice new models coming out. Only downside is it happens that same time as the Boston Boat show normally which keeps a lot of venders from being able to do both. Irwin had some nice boats at the show last year... Is anyone on the lake selling fountains? I know silver sands used to but does no longer.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
Just Sold

"Is anyone on the lake selling fountains?"

I did not find any dealers on the lake. East Coast Flightcraft in Middleton, MA is the only local Fountain dealer I found.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Sold View Post
"Is anyone on the lake selling fountains?"

I did not find any dealers on the lake. East Coast Flightcraft in Middleton, MA is the only local Fountain dealer I found.
Thanks... I had a buddy who was looking for a local dealer in the lakes region. I will let him know.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

The real quesiton is how is Fountain Power Boats fairing right now..... They were Having some financial issue where they not?
Old 12-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
The real quesiton is how is Fountain Power Boats fairing right now..... They were Having some financial issue where they not?
I heard they were bought out but that could be a rumor... I know they had to declare bankruptcy but have come out it. They are still under Reggie as well.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
DoTheMath

I used to go every year, (Miami and Ft. Laud.) missed the last couple due to other obligations though. They always say Miami is the "show" to see and if you're serious about buying, Ft. Laud is the one to go to. Miami is much more fun, just based on the location - nuthin' like SoBe in Feb.!

And yes, ECF is the only Fountain dealer in the area, Dan (the owner) is awesome to deal with! I / we have bought several boats from him and never had anything but a solid experience, I'd highly recommend them.
DoTheMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #7
NoRegrets

Fountain bought Baja from Brunswick right before the financial meltdawn. This constrained their cash flow so it made it hard to weather this storm. There is a lesson in timing and risk taking and I hope they emerge.

Check out the new Baja logo. It has the Fountain graphic behind Baja.
http://www.bajamarine.com/
NoRegrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #8
ecdecker

goodhue sells fountains:

http://www.goodhueandhawkins.com/new-boats.html
ecdecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #9
LIforrelaxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdecker View Post
A little more specific here Goodhue and Hawkins, in Wolfeboro

There is also a Goodhue Marine in Center Harbor / Moultonborough, which has no affiliation............
Old 12-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #10
colt17

Default Baja/Fountain Bankrupt

Baja was bought by fountain in 2008 i believe.

Article from Powerboat Magazine.

Fountain Powerboats filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Monday, Aug. 24, in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Eastern District of North Carolina.

Just two months after hiring an investment banker to seek additional capital, the Washington, N.C.,-based company will attempt to sell its assets, which includes its 65-acre manufacturing facility and tooling, along with the unsold inventory and names for the Fountain and Baja brands. Chairman and CEO Reggie Fountain said the company’s assets are expected to fetch between $6 million and $8 million.

According to court documents, the company says it has $3 in assets listed under personal property. It lists $1 each for Baja by Fountain, Fountain Dealers’ Factory Superstore and Fountain Powerboats. Its liabilities are listed as $19.6 million, which it owes to Regions Bank. More than $4 million of the total is for floor-plan loans, while the other $15-plus million was for term loans and a revolving loan. The company reported a loss of $2.2 million in fiscal 2008 and $8.1 million in fiscal 2009.

Reggie Fountain told local news sources that only 10 to 12 workers will remain at the plant in the coming weeks, and that he expects the backing of new private investors to be in place by the end of the month. That is if the bankruptcy court approves the sale procedures (a hearing has not been scheduled).

The company asked the court to quickly hear the plan, stating in court documents, “If the sale motion is approved and a sale is consummated as proposed, any plan of reorganization will be perfunctory in scope. If the sale motion is not approved, or a sale is not confirmed and consummated, the debtors may pursue a more traditional plan of reorganization or a plan of orderly liquidation.”

I was told that Hustler was looking to buy Fountain but that deal fell threw.

Here is some more financal info that i found kind of scary....

The company reported owing its main creditor, Birmingham, Ala.-based Regions Bank, nearly $20 million. Its main subsidiary reported assets of $18.4 million and liabilities of $50.2 million in its court filing on Monday
colt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #11
angela4design

Default Local

Aren't there usually Boat Shows here in the state? I've never been, but I think there have been Shows in Manchester and I think Concord, too. Are they any good? Are they happening this year?
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #12
VtSteve

Default The latest Fountain News

November Announcements:
http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/home/5...anization-plan

Judge Holds Firm:
http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/home/5...usivity-period
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela4design View Post
Aren't there usually Boat Shows here in the state? I've never been, but I think there have been Shows in Manchester and I think Concord, too. Are they any good? Are they happening this year?
Its like comparring apples and oranges as far as size and amounts of vendors. The Manchester Boat show is in the armory. It is nice to walk thru but you can visit every booth in about an hour. The one in Boston is much bigger and definately a much larger venue but it is probably 1/10 the size of the miami show. They have an in water boat show as well as the entire convention complex. Also it is a week long event that clubs and organizations have partys and other events like poker runs that stem from it. Most of the bigger manufactorers on the east coast wait until the Miami show to bring out their newest models. It is a sight to see to say the least!
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #14
LIforrelaxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela4design View Post
As OCD says Comparing Manchester , to Boston, to Mami, is like comparing apples, to oranges, to appricots.....

Now having said that if your looking for a boat what boat show would be good to go too, well that comes down to your needs. If you looking for a small run of the mill bow rider, and you definately want a local dealer, then going to Manchester, concord or some of the small shows around NE is not a bad thing. If your looking for something to go on the ocean, and once again want to be sure you by from a somewhat local dealer, then going to Boston, is a good idea.... If you want to go and check out everything from here to there, and if you find your dream boat, aren't worried that you might be buying from a non local dealer and may have to deal with frieght then Mami. It all depends on what you want out of the experience. My self one of these years hope to go done to Mami, see the boat show, and have a little vacation.....I just never seem to make it......
Old 12-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #15
pm203

Fort lauderdale is better than Miami in my opinion, but Miami is the way to go since lauderdale has come and gone. I am going to try and make Miami this year myself. After attending these shows, anything else is a dissapointment.
pm203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:45 AM   #16
onlywinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRegrets View Post
Fountain bought Baja from Brunswick right before the financial meltdawn. This constrained their cash flow so it made it hard to weather this storm. There is a lesson in timing and risk taking and I hope they emerge.

Check out the new Baja logo. It has the Fountain graphic behind Baja.
http://www.bajamarine.com/
In my opinion I own the last of the REAL Bajas or could be the last of any Bajas...guess it depends on Reggie and what deals he can work out.

Re. the Baja Logo....Cant stand the new one.....

This is the Best Baja Logo with the "Speed Changes You" quote...

Now that would make a nice tattoo for someone
onlywinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:20 AM   #17
robmac

I will be going to the Miami show. It's not to far by boat so I'll navigate down the Intercoastal and enjoy the show. Just finished fueling up at Wahoo marina in Stuart now off for a ride.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #18
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Gotta get a plug in for a west coast show....not a biggie like Miami,but kind of nice.Ft Myers has an "in the water" show in November....boats all the way up to 80' Sunseeker Predators.Mostly smaller boats for the shallow gulf waters but also some big off shore rigs.Fun show,good deals....and the food is good.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #19
robmac

Sam,I agree have been to that show and it is alot of fun. Some of my friends live on the wrong 9 I mean west coast) so I try and go by boat across Lake Okeechobee then up from there. Always had a good time.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #20
KBoater

Default F M Show

I've bought boats at the Ft. Myer Show. It's always a good time. Most vendor have the new models there and there is a large amount of electronic on display with folks willing to educate you. Nov. is a good time to look. They have a collection of boats that are seen on Winnie.
My last boat I did the revise. I tested it on Winnie and bought in F M