Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
eye spy

Angry Check your boat cover

I was thinking as I passed some boats shrink wrap at the Marina's around the lake. Have you check your boat this year to make sure it as not caved in.
eye spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
GTO

Default good advice

I got a call from a neighbor that told me the shrinkwrap on my boat that I keep in my yard had collapased under the weight of the snow. I had this done at a local marina as I have the past 5 years. When I got up to Meredith, I was surprised how much more snow there was up there. Lots of snow. The center board going front to back had snapped and there was a large buildup of ice, snow, slush built up on the shrinkwrap. Luckily, there were no holes in the shrinwrap except where the back board was sticking out the top.. I was able to tie one end of a rope to the board that was coming out and the other end to a tree, pulled it tight to pull the shrink wrap tight again and hopefully it lasts the rest of the winter.
So, if your boat is sitting in your yard up there and you haven't checked on it, either check it out or have a neighbor check for you. I can see the grass in my yard back home here but there are still homes up there with 2 feet of snow on the roofs. lots of snow!
Old 02-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
Gatto Nero

GTO,

Might be time for another swing by for a redo. I checked your boat today and it looks like your handy work might have been compromised by mother nature's latest.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #4
GTO

Default thanks Gatto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
GTO,

Might be time for another swing by for a redo. I checked your boat today and it looks like your handy work might have been compromised by mother nature's latest.
We are headed up tomorrow afternoon. Might as well get one more snowfall on it
Old 03-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
Chris Craft

I have seen that a lot up in Maine. We lost the local store down the street from me and also from what I hear one of the barns for Naples Marine caved in and there were about 100 boats that were damaged or destroyed.
Chris Craft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #6
JPC

Default Boat Cover

After reading this post I made sure that I went up to Fay's to check on my cover. It's a custom sail boat cover, blue canvas with vinal underneath, but the snow does stick to it. And this year, with the rain that we had, the cover had streched from the weight of the snow pack and a rip had started at the end of the boom. I managed to brush away the soft stuff and then slowly broke up the crusty stuff. The is the 7th seaon with this cover and have never seen this much snow up there.

All the boats that had shrink wrap were clear.
JPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #7
Gatto Nero

I have two shrink wrapped boats sitting side by side in my yard and between the two the snow had piled up so high that the snow on the boats had nowhere to slide off to.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #8
Weirs guy

One of my neighbors stores their boat at the end of our street. The city loader has moved the street snowbank twice now, both time dropping some right on the neighbors boat.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote