Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
sgold44

Default Sign of Things to Come??

I went up to the Lake Monday nite w/two friends from out of state. We boated Tuesday & Wed. Left Alton Bay Tuesday at 10:00 am. Lake was totally calm, headed to paugus Bay, even the Broads were flat. (the water!). had to rush back to Alton bay to tie up the boat before the storm hit around 6:00, but it was an awesome day. Wednesday was even better. More sun, less clouds, calm conditions. Cruised up to Wolfboro, had lunch, cruised over to Melvin Village & Moltonborough, Then crossed the broads & went south of Rattlesnake & home to Alton. I've been boating on the Lake for 5 years, & I've never seen so few boats out there. I truly only saw 5 or 6 boats each day. I'm not complaining, just perplexed. I know it was middle of week, but with conditions & weather so nice, it's hard to understand. I filled up at Channel marine on Wed, $4.19/Gal. Not bad considering it's $4.00 & up on land.
Just my 2 cents.
Scott G.
sgold44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Orion

Default non-weekend boating

Mid week is a whole different world up here, especially before the 4th of July and after Labor Day. Amazing how much waterfront property and how many boats are just idle most of the time. Too bad everyone can't just work 2 days and have 5 days off! ....but I guess then there wouldn't be these special times.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
robmac

I love my work 2 take 4 or5 for youself job.makes for alot of really peacefull boating. I love my job
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
wildwoodfam

Default Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

GEEZ!!! Nice job lettin' EVERYONE know how different the lake is Monday morning through Friday noon!!!

wildwoodfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
Weekend Pundit

Default Weekday Boating

Over the years most of our boating has taken place during the week for many of the reasons that have been cited many times before. There's just less people to deal with, making time out on the lake far more pleasurable.

We make it out on weekends a few times during the height of the boating season, usually if we have friends or family up for a Saturday or Sunday. We've been lucky now and then to find little traffic out on the lake on a Saturday or Sunday, but it is definitely the exception. Weekday boating is our preference.

But I wonder if weekend boating will be down this summer? Up until this weekend there's been little boat traffic on Saturdays or Sundays. And even this weekend I'd say boat traffic was not quite what I expected. That being said, it could be a side-effect of Motorcycle Week, being later this year than previous years. The real indicator will be the next two weekends.
Weekend Pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2008, 06:57 PM   #6
jetskier

Post Very busy yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Pundit View Post
Over the years most of our boating has taken place during the week for many of the reasons that have been cited many times before. There's just less people to deal with, making time out on the lake far more pleasurable.

We make it out on weekends a few times during the height of the boating season, usually if we have friends or family up for a Saturday or Sunday. We've been lucky now and then to find little traffic out on the lake on a Saturday or Sunday, but it is definitely the exception. Weekday boating is our preference.

But I wonder if weekend boating will be down this summer? Up until this weekend there's been little boat traffic on Saturdays or Sundays. And even this weekend I'd say boat traffic was not quite what I expected. That being said, it could be a side-effect of Motorcycle Week, being later this year than previous years. The real indicator will be the next two weekends.
We went out on the jetski yesterday and it was very busy. There was a large volume of boat traffic around the channel and off the Weirs. It is likely an artifact of motorcycle week.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote