Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
weim2

Thumbs up Winnipesaukee Veterinary Emergency Center

Last night we had to use this facility for our dog who got into a porcupine. We had great friendly quick service. We are very lucky to have this facility in our area. So anyone, do not hesitate to use them.
weim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
KonaChick

Would you mind giving out their location and perhaps phone number would be helpful too.
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
weim2

Smile

They are in Meredith in the old Harley Davidson Shop accross fron Lovering Volvo and their phone is 279 1117.
The Following User Says Thank You to weim2 For This Useful Post:
Ms Molly McKever (06-24-2009)
Old 04-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
pats fan

Weim2,

I feel for your dog! My dogs have gotten into those evil creatures before and it is very painful! I hope your baby is ok. What kind of dog is he? I have also used those Vets and they are wonderful. So lucky to have a 24 hour emergency vet so close by.
pats fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
wifi

Thumbs up

I echo the recommendation. Had to take one of my Siamese there a few weeks ago, excellent service. The are only open, nights, weekends and holidays.... exactly when all the regular vets are closed. The have a full lab onsite.
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
weim2

As my log on suggests, I have Weimaraners. One male now, a female on the way. I have seen these vets two other times also and have had great service each time.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
meredith weekender

Smile

We used them late last fall and they were great. Friendly, Prompt and Very Reasonable.
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #8
Lakewinn1

Post Vet

Thanks for the information. We recently adopted a rescue dog and I'm sure she, due her inquiring nature , will also encounter creatures of the north.
Lakewinn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #9
michael c

If we are speaking about the same place: I have used them .Heading into Meredith proper, you leave lovering on your right and take a left ,as if you were going to the case & keg. Just after the case& keg you need to take a left about 100 feet further.
They took really good care of my Newfy one evening !
It was kinda odd: my regular vet had closed for the day and I was only getting really woried about that very time.
This vet we are talking about does not even open until late in the day. I think it is 5:00 P.M. but I may be off a bit .They stay open every night and close up in the morning..So it seemed a bit odd that I needed to wait until the sun was going down to bring my dog in . It worked out fine ,my dog was okay and they did a very good job.
I went home relieved that ,although my dog was not feeling well ,she would be fine .
She had only eaten 3 meals in 6 days [ A Newfy !!! ??? ]
and when I left ,they assured me that she was not sick , only feeling a bit funky and would snap out of it soon.
I think the Hamburg and rice with plain yogurt did the trick ..She hasn't stopped eating since and has gained back the 11 pounds she lost [ 11 pounds,while something to watch,is not as severe in a Newfy as in other breeds ]11 pounds in my little girl is only a loss of about6 % of body weight.Certainly something to make you sit up and take interest but many dogs ,if they lost 11 pounds ,would simply cease to exist.
She is a National champion and has lots of titles ,but in the end,she is my best friend !
M
Old 05-24-2009, 06:28 AM   #10
Rose

Glad to hear your Newfy is okay. I've found with one of my cats that he ALWAYS gets sick when my vet is closed...over a long, holiday weekend. And unfortunately we don't have a very good emergency vet near us.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #11
wifi

Michael, that is the place, the old harley shop, I took my cat to. They are ONLY open nights, weekends and holidays, which is exactly when the main stream vets are closed. That is what they intended their business to be.
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #12
michael c

they are good people !
M
wifi (05-28-2009)
Old 06-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #13
Long Island Baba

Default Emergency Vet

I took my Lab/Neufy mix there last week. They are open each day 5pm to 8am which is wonderful. I shouldnt say it too loudly, but their prices are not too bad either. My "regular" vet charges $65 for a visit, and they were $80. So given all the givens, it was pretty reasonable.
The folks were great. My dog was very well attended to by the lab tech/vet assistant and the vet/doctor herself. They were great at explaining what was going on...very compassionate people. I would not hesitate to recommend them even if you need to drive a ways to get there. Call ahead if you can so they can be ready for your emergency.
Long Island Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #14
Jmo77011

Default Great!!

Wow...what a great idea! Luckily we haven't had any late night emergencies in a few years, but when our boys (a corgridor and a Great Dane) get sick, it's ALWAYS at night! Or on a weekend. So nice to know that there is someone open!
Jmo77011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
Coastal Laker

Thumbs up Great to have for emergencies for sure!

I had a late night emergency with one of my beagles over the winter (at 11pm). I called ahead and they were waiting by the door when I got there. They were super with everything.
Coastal Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #16
Newfie

Thumbs up Visit to Winnipesaukee Veterinary Emergency Center

Thanks for this forum discussion since we had an issue today and I remembered seeing a thread about after hours and weekend/holiday pet care. This morning-yes on the July 4th holiday- my 4 year old basset hound woke up with a swollen, painful, and infected eye. We brought her to the Veterinary Emergency Center around noon and she was seen right away. They were very thorough and she is already on the mend.
Newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #17
winnipugs

Talking emergency vet

amazing facility. our pug ate a dove chocolate bar and we thought she was a gonner. we brought her there and she received prompt treatment, and the price was without a question reasonable. they saved her life and im forever greatful.
winnipugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #18
A Piece of Heaven

Thumbs up thumbs up

I would also like to say that we were extremely happy with the care that was provided to our 13 year old Bichon. We also had seen the positive posts on this forum about the emergency vet. Highly recommend them.
A Piece of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #19
weim2

Thumbs up Another Visit

My little Weim pup got a yellow jacket sting this AM on her mouth. She was quite displeased and more so when it began to swell. I called for advice which I followed but she got worse. I brought her right in and was seen promptly and procedures were explained fully and patiently. We are lucky to have this facility in Meredith.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #20
SumoDog

Default Big Fan

Last week I was out of town on business and had an issue at midnight with one of our pets - wife was hysterical - I was 200 miles away - she called them - drove over and they were great - what a great addition to the Lakes Region area - driving to Concord was long - although the emergency vets down there are great also. Thanks to them - it saved me a 200 mile trip
SumoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #21
Winopt

Default Daytime options?

I have already written the phone number down for an after hours emergency. Awesome!

Who would you go to during they day? Any veterinary recommendations in the Laconia / Meredith area?

Great thread!
Winopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #22
trfour

Default No Specific #....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winopt View Post
I have already written the phone number down for an after hours emergency. Awesome!

Who would you go to during they day? Any veterinary recommendations in the Laconia / Meredith area?

Great thread!
Emergencies aside.

However, I would stay tuned to Winnipesaukee.com. As of a moment ago, we have, 17,990,827 views and counting and would not be at all surprised if someone had any question about the Lakes Region, that it would not be answerd, fourth-with.

We are not perfect, you must understand, but, we are looking into it.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #23
Newcomers

Default Yes, they are very professional and have good I.T.

We are new to the area, but when we heard about them - I decided to drop in to check them out. I was greeted by a staff person who was very professional and he explained all of their services. I recommend getting to know these people before you need them in an emergency. An added benefit is our vet in Moultonborough - Meadow Pond - shares records with them electronically - so the next time my German Shepherd Dog - Sam - does something goofy - they know his history!
Newcomers is offline   Reply With Quote