Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
island folks

Default Septic pumping on island properties

Can anyone tell me who to contact in regards to pumping a septic on Bear Island this summer? Also, I'm planning on some renovations to be done next winter. Is there a construction company who can work on island properties when the ice is in?
island folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default I.s.s.

Contact Steve at Island Support services... 603-520-1778

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:30 AM   #3
island folks

Thanks. I called him yesterday during the storm but our connection was terrible. I'll try again. Anyone else out there have an idea?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
codeman671

Island Services pumps it into their barge for $1.00 per gallon. I am not sure how this compares to having Island Support barge a truck out.

I want to have mine pumped on Mark after ice-out, we may be able to get a few people together to have a truck barged around to keep costs down for all.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
island folks

Thanks for the information. I've called a couple of septic places and they recommended Island Services too. A septic pumping co-op would be great!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #6
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
Island Services pumps it into their barge for $1.00 per gallon. I am not sure how this compares to having Island Support barge a truck out.

I want to have mine pumped on Mark after ice-out, we may be able to get a few people together to have a truck barged around to keep costs down for all.
Codeman;

I may be interested in this also if we can save a few dollars.

Keep me informed...

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
Bear Island South

we are also interested, we have a 1500 gallon tank at $1/gal thats an expensive pump out.

let us know if we can get a group rate.

Thanks.
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

So the big question as you guys all think about a group discount, is the following, if the put a truck on a barge, how many gallons does one of those trucks hold? Which will dictate how many stops can be made in one trip.

Some other random thoughts, if you have someone come out and do your immediate neighbors at the same time that might help too.....

I am of course not in the situation of being on a true island so the guy just drives to my place. However we have both our tank pumped and my Aunts next door at the same time...And there is a certain amount of there fee that they wave, as they simply drive out to one location. park and just have to move the hose from one location to another.

Now of course there is a bit more involved going over to an island via barge. But if they can bring a truck over park the barge, and pump two or three tanks with out moving, it may help even further.....

Do any of the islands have internal trails wide enough to facilitate landing a barge at some point, and then driving a truck around the island? Once again, barging to a location and then just moving the truck would presumably be cheaper then moving things through the water from place to place....

Anyways just some food for thought
Old 03-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #9
Winni1952

If anyone on Rattlesnake is planning a pumpout this season I would be interested in doing mine also.
Winni1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #10
Phantom

This experiance does not occur in the Lakes Region rather here at home. YET, the principle is the same and can be applied to the islanders septic co-op (yet to be formed)

Not knowing the details of your situations - here at our small lake community our Association "went out to bid" to a number of local septic cleaning firms. On our side we could guarantee a minimum (not maximum) number of tanks that would have to be pumped ...... on their side we wanted their best group price. The pricing is irrelevant as we do not have the island thing to contend with -- but the results were quite eye opening $$ verus simply calling the firm direct.

The key to it is there needs to be numerous firms available ...... listening to what has been written, it sounds like that is not the case and it's a small monopoly for one or two firms.

Food for thought .... and just trying to help out
Old 03-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
On the Lake

Default island septic pumping

If you are looking for island septic pumping call Lakes Region Marine construction, they bring the pump truck to the island for a good price
lakes region marine construction 603-293-7272
On the Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
Kerk

Cool Island Service

Randall Maintenance also can handle this as well as other Island services. : Tel. # 603-253-7042.. George lives on Cow Island year round.

Last edited by Kerk; 03-08-2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Contact Information
Kerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #13
Webbsatwinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winni1952 View Post
If anyone on Rattlesnake is planning a pumpout this season I would be interested in doing mine also.
Count me in for the Rattlesnake pumping if we can pull it off.
Webbsatwinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #14
Dock and Barge

Default Island pump out

We will be bringing Mals Septic truck out this fall to pump out the islands in wolfeboro and rattlesnake. Please sign up with us now and we are trying to put together three houses at a time to keep the overall price down. Our number is 998-3082. Thanks
Dock and Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #15
island folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Lake View Post
If you are looking for island septic pumping call Lakes Region Marine construction, they bring the pump truck to the island for a good price
lakes region marine construction 603-293-7272
Thanks - I called several times but no one has returned my calls......
Old 03-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #16
On the Lake

The folks at Lakes Region Marine are definitely around....just spoke to them on Wednesday regarding some spring repairs.
On the Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #17
eric richard

Default maintenance repair

try calling eric's & phil's home improvement they will go anywhere.you can call them at 603 509 3880. no job to small or to big for them. they will do just about anything and anywhere.
eric richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #18
Blueberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by island folks View Post
Can anyone tell me who to contact in regards to pumping a septic on Bear Island this summer? Also, I'm planning on some renovations to be done next winter. Is there a construction company who can work on island properties when the ice is in?
I had a pretty good size interior job done by Island Service Co earlier in the winter. They came highly recommended by a friend of mine and I was quite pleased with their work and price. They work out of Meredith, I delt with Buddie 279-4937
Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #19
WIS

Quote:
Hi Island Folks,

I would recommend giving NE Dock and Barge a call for septic pumping, 998-3082.

If you would like an estimate on any winter renovations we'd be happy to offer our services:

603-707-4677
www.WinnipesaukeeIslands.com

Last edited by WIS; 03-25-2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Deleted contact information from post because we added it to our signature.
WIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:26 AM   #20
island folks

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. After a lot of research, I think I'm going with Island Services. Several other companies suggested them...and they actually called me back, several times! As far as a co-op, their barge holds 1800 gallons. They normally charge $1.00/gal but if a couple of neighbors want to get together and their barge can do you all in one trip, they'll drop the price by 10%. Also, for you guys on Rattlesnake, there may be an extra barge charge for the distance. Island Service also does remodeling and septic systems and have a fairly good list of references for anyone who needs that type of stuff done. And I like the idea of keeping business local, they work right out of Shep Brown's Marina. (I called them for a reference too)
279-4937 You may hit their machine but like I said, they're real good at getting back to you. Good luck everyone!
The Following User Says Thank You to island folks For This Useful Post:
eillac@dow (03-20-2010)
Old 06-21-2015, 09:16 AM   #21
Slapshot

Default island septic pumping

looking at having my septic system pumped after 5 years. we are located on Rattlesnake Island and was wondering if anyone else on the island was looking for the service? I thought if I could entice the pumper with multiple septic pumps it might bring the price down. If interested get back to me and I will let you know how I make out with the search and pricing.
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:17 PM   #22
trfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
looking at having my septic system pumped after 5 years. we are located on Rattlesnake Island and was wondering if anyone else on the island was looking for the service? I thought if I could entice the pumper with multiple septic pumps it might bring the price down. If interested get back to me and I will let you know how I make out with the search and pricing.

Slapshot, PM Island Girl, She'll help you...

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:42 AM   #23
steve c

I would highly recomend Kevin @ LWIPM
http://www.lwipm.net/home.html
steve c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:56 PM   #24
IslandRadio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Would be interested in finding out about prices and hopefully we can get a group rate.

Thanks for chasing down some prices.

Regards, Steve
IslandRadio is offline   Reply With Quote