Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
Misty Blue

Smile A funny thing happened...

A funny thing happened on the way home from the fireworks.

Saturday night I stayed out (after a 12 hour shift at work) on the Lake till things calmed down. There were many boats underway and it was almost spooky.

With only one 150 ft rule violation, everyone had proper nav lights. Everyone used proper nav rules. And everyone was courtious.

No boneheads. Or richard craniums. Just nice folks having a good time enjoying the fireworks and the Lake on a beautiful night.

Maybe the planets were in alignment or the Spirit was smiling. But all I saw were really good boaters. Way cool!

Got the same gig tonight and I hope (and expect) that the Winni. boaters will again make me proud.

Have fun!

Misty Blue
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
trfour

Thumbs up Thanks Misty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Blue View Post

Saturday night I stayed out (after a 12 hour shift at work) on the Lake till things calmed down. There were many boats underway and it was almost spooky.

With only one 150 ft rule violation, everyone had proper nav lights. Everyone used proper nav rules. And everyone was courtious.

No boneheads. Or richard craniums. Just nice folks having a good time enjoying the fireworks and the Lake on a beautiful night.

Maybe the planets were in alignment or the Spirit was smiling. But all I saw were really good boaters. Way cool!

Got the same gig tonight and I hope (and expect) that the Winni. boaters will again make me proud.

Have fun!

Misty Blue

Very refreshing to hear!...
I think that lots of credit should go to this very forum for the great wealth of information available through all of the folks who post their many experiences.
Most of us feel that if we can help [ just one person ] to have a better day out on the lake, All Is Good!
This thread is a wonderful opportunity for us to realign the positives + + + +.

Make us all proud folks!
Stay safe out there,
And Happy Boating!!!!

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:31 AM   #3
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Blue View Post

Have fun!

Misty Blue
That is good news, hopefully last night went well for you too.

We have sat this weekend out (literally on the beach) regarding the boat but will head out today.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #4
VtSteve

Sounds fantastic MB Gotta love the weather.

Four days of boating for me and the kids, now another full day. I have 24 hours this year so far, 32 or so last year total. I watched our fireworks from the dock since they're just across the bay. Called it a night and stayed aboard. Gotta love a marina that has fresh coffee when you wake up

Glad to hear you've gotten to use that new boat, and have had great experiences. We need more boaters like you all over. Hope everyone's had a great holiday.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:25 AM   #5
streetertina

I wish I could say the same about the boaters after the fireworks in Meredith. We had a few boaters that thought it was a race to see who get out of there the fastest. There was no 150 ft rule with any of those boaters.
We had one Crownline full of people cut us off after he passed us at about 30 feet. Wish everyone had the same thoughts of a safe Fourth of July.
streetertina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2010, 06:00 AM   #6
WakeUp

Default Alton Bay Fireworks....

MistyBlue - Was it the Alton Bay Fireworks you were at? If so, I was also amazed at how orderly and calm the boats left the bay. A far cry from years past. I noticed the Marine Patrol was leading the way out of the bay with their lights on. If this was a planned strategy to regulated the traffic, it worked well.
WakeUp is offline   Reply With Quote