Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
jmen24

Thumbs up Weekend Boating Roundup

Just wondering how the weekend was for everyone or what you might have planned for boating next weekend.

Thinking this could be a place for folks to reflect on the weekend gone by or share plans for the one coming. Would also be a good spot to see what the whether was and how it affected activities. Kind of one stop shop for a year in review.

Those that are sidelined on shore for another year thank you in advance.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
NavGirl316

Default Snow Boating

Saturday morning started out fairly nice, but by mid-morning we were surprised to see snowflakes....and even more surprised to see a couple of boats going by out there in the snow (Meredith bay). Was fun to watch from the comforts of a warm house...
NavGirl316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
sa meredith

Default debris

Curious if the amount of debris is starting to lesson a bit. Earlier posts indicated it was worse than a normal April.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
NoRegrets

We did not get to the boat until Saturday afternoon. The boy's and girl's at Irwin Marine did a fantastic job at preping and cleaning our boat so all we had to do was bring our stuff onboard, validate fluid levels, and insure the seacocks were open.

We took our first ride with new props and they worked better than expected. It was very choppy but we were able to trim and feel comfortable.

We did not see any debris or trash. Probably due to the wind everything was blown to shore.

Sunday AM I took the Kayak out with my little dog and other than fighting the swift current by the Lakeport railroad bridge it was a perfect morning. The water was very cold and my fingers actually hurt after a few minutes of submurging my hand. I read that FLL was in up to his neck. He must have a better internal pain management ability than I have.

The season has started for us!!

Oh yeah, C.J. Avery's for dinner and cocktails - Fantastic!
NoRegrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
Lucy Goose

Default We were out for the first time Saturday

Our new boat was launched for our test drive which we took on Saturday afternoon. It was windy and choppy but she did just fine. We were out in Melvin Bay. Can't wait to get out more. Didn't see anything floating around in the water but I think we did run over something at one point.
Lucy Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
townsde

We were at our camp on Moultonborough Bay this weekend and saw only 3 or 4 boats the entire weekend. They were all bass boats who were fishing. We have our Four Winns at the dock and on Saturday I got it ready for a ride and by that time the wind came up and there were white caps so we aborted. The same thing happened again on Sunday.

My wife said we should wait for warmer calmer weather and so we did.

On Sunday afternoon a large mostly submerged wooden structure came floating down the bay. It finally got lodged on a rock structure and as of this morning was still there. About 1 foot is out of the water but I hate to think what is just below the water level. I also pulled an 8 foot 2 X 8 plank out of the water last Sunday.
townsde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
Rattlesnake Guy

We went out to the island around noon on Saturday headed into the north wind. The sun was bright but the air was cold. 46F I think. The spray landing on my ever expanding forehead was giving me a bit of an ice cream headache. Sunday was not as windy but was perhaps 60% as much wave action.

We came back Monday morning and it was very nice and flat.

I was one of the people reporting high trash levels this year. This weekend I don't think I saw any. Looks pretty clear where we were.
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote