Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #1
ron82056

Default Helpful boaters

On Friday August 5 at about 3:30pm as we were entering Paugus Bay,our boat ran out of gas about 100 yards from the Thurston Marina gas docks. My husband had to jump in the water and try to walk/swim/guide the boat to the dock. A helpful young man on a blue wave runner took our bow line and assisted with towing us.There was a family in a pontoon boat at the dock purchasing gas who saw our situation,grabbed our line, and helped guide our boat to a spot so we would be secure and fuel up. The young ladies working at the gas pumps also helped us secure our boat, assisted us with refueling, and when our boat wouldn't start they brought one of the mechanics out to see if he could get it going. Several boaters going by who saw the open engine hatch offered jump starts,cell phone use,etc. We would just like to thank everyone who assisted us in safely dealing with our problem. There are plenty of good people in this world and we appreciate them!
ron82056 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ron82056 For This Useful Post:
ApS (08-06-2016), beantownbaby (08-06-2016), Dad sold the C * C (08-07-2016), Dave R (08-06-2016), dave603 (08-06-2016), gillygirl (08-07-2016), HellRaZoR004 (08-06-2016), Hillcountry (08-06-2016), Just Sold (08-07-2016), LongShort (08-09-2016)
Old 08-06-2016, 08:25 PM   #2
chasedawg

Default Good people in this world....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron82056 View Post
On Friday August 5 at about 3:30pm as we were entering Paugus Bay,our boat ran out of gas about 100 yards from the Thurston Marina gas docks. My husband had to jump in the water and try to walk/swim/guide the boat to the dock. A helpful young man on a blue wave runner took our bow line and assisted with towing us.There was a family in a pontoon boat at the dock purchasing gas who saw our situation,grabbed our line, and helped guide our boat to a spot so we would be secure and fuel up. The young ladies working at the gas pumps also helped us secure our boat, assisted us with refueling, and when our boat wouldn't start they brought one of the mechanics out to see if he could get it going. Several boaters going by who saw the open engine hatch offered jump starts,cell phone use,etc. We would just like to thank everyone who assisted us in safely dealing with our problem. There are plenty of good people in this world and we appreciate them!

Thank you for the very nice and positive post. There are nice people in this world to be there to help
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
Donzi Minx

Smile Helpful boaters

My son and I got to Silver Sands at just about 9AM. As there was a line of us in queue the gent behind me asked if I were ready, not having the hull plug in, or the stern bow lines attached, I replied not quite. He then asked if he could go ahead of me, I was so surprised by the courtesy and vocal inflection, (even after doing 80 all the way from Bahstun in eager anticipation of getting on the lake) I replied sure, and thanks for the ramp etiquette. There are good people out there and we need to recognize that factor.
It was my free launch at the Sands, and aside from the chop and breezeage, another beautiful day on the lake.
Donzi Minx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:00 PM   #4
PENIVISA

Thumbs up

Sounds like they were "Paying it Forward"
PENIVISA is offline   Reply With Quote