Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
chasedawg

Default New England Boat Show

New England Boat show starts this Friday. It always brings on good thoughts about the upcoming boating summer season. It helps get through the reminder of the Winter. Forecast is in the low 20's for Friday.

Enjoy. Anyone going?
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:22 AM   #2
Bernie Girl

Thanks for the reminder. Always fun! Have not been in several years and think this would be the perfect year to start thinking of summer while enjoying the snow piling up!
Bernie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
Rich

Yes, we always enjoy going... and hoping for an early thaw!
Old 02-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #4
Puffin

Default RE: New England Boat Show

Went last year for the fist time in many many years, was a little disapointing to me. Spent a couple hours at most and saw everything.

This year we are heading to the Miami boat show this Friday; If the weather cooperates and we can get out of town
Puffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #5
chocophile

Default Looking for an Outboard

I'm thinking about going to the boat show in the hopes of finding a deal on a 25hp outboard. I might go on the last day, to see if there are any display models. Any advice?
chocophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2015, 03:28 PM   #6
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocophile View Post
I'm thinking about going to the boat show in the hopes of finding a deal on a 25hp outboard. I might go on the last day, to see if there are any display models. Any advice?
Best bet would be to dress up like a mover and show up at the end of the show with a dolly or cart and a clipboard. Then you could just help yourself to a 25 HP outboard.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (02-09-2015), pjard (02-09-2015)
Old 02-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #7
Rich

Here is a small "CHEAP YANKEE" hint for you if you're going to the show.

You can save $2 per ticket if you pre-purchase the ticket online. Even Boat US has this discount if you are a member, but you can also get the price online now at the boat show online web site : http://newenglandboatshow.com/attendees/admission.aspx. I forget if the discount is no longer available if you try to purchase them after the show starts, so if you are going, get the discount while you can.

Also: You can save about $7 off the price of your ticket if you take a moment and go to the info booth that is there in the lobby across from the ticket sales (I think it's the booth where you fill out the form to tell them which 'free' magazine subscription that you want to receive). Just tell them that you are not interested in the 'free' magazine that they want to send you and that you want a rebate for the $7 'value'. If you do this you will receive a $7 rebate for not receiving the 'free' magazine! (so much for it being free). It takes a few weeks to have the rebate sent to you, but you will save $7 per ticket and if two of you go, that's not pocket change.

So there you are, I just saved each of you $9 per ticket.

If you have been talking to any of the local dealers about a new boat, call them and ask your 'salesman' for a free ticket to the boat show. I did this one year with Irwin marine and two of us got in for free. Of course, the next year they wouldn't do this for me as they knew I was no longer looking for a new boat. But if I told a 'white lie', I could have probably gotten more tickets, but that's not in my character.

Of course, if you want the 'free' magazine, feel free to fill out your name and address and choose which one you would like to receive. But I've asked for the rebate for the past few years and have always received my rebate in the mail a month or three later.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:49 PM   #8
Irish Choppers

Default Boat Show Discounts

Good point Rich! We all do our fair share of business with our marina. I'd make a call over to one of the sales folks and you might just find a few tickets reserved in your name at the door! I've had some pretty good luck with my Marina.
Irish Choppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:02 PM   #9
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Choppers View Post
Good point Rich! We all do our fair share of business with our marina. I'd make a call over to one of the sales folks and you might just find a few tickets reserved in your name at the door! I've had some pretty good luck with my Marina.
Well if you put in my name, let me know if they accept it. It's nice to save a buck or two!
Old 02-09-2015, 05:32 PM   #10
TheProfessor

Was at the Boston Boat Show years ago.

Met with one of the trailer manufacturers.

Got a good deal on a utility trailer.

So it is more then boats.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #11
8gv

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocophile View Post
My son recently bought a 14' aluminum boat with a rough looking but servicable trailer and a 2002 mint condition, 2 stroke Mercury 25hp. The motor is electric start but doesn't have power trim.

The reason I mention this is that the whole package cost him $1600. I think the motor alone was worth that price.

I realize the four stroke models are significantly more expensive. I just figured you might need a little more sticker shock.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:05 AM   #12
Ms Molly McKever

Default Boat show tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Choppers View Post
Progressive Insurance is a sponsor for the NE boat show, If you have Progressive Ins. Call your Ins. broker, I'm sure they can get you tickets.
Ms Molly McKever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:44 PM   #13
Tomt

We were driving up route 1 in Saugus Ma this morning and we saw someone pulling a boat on a trailer. At first we thought why would someone transport their boat today considering the condition of the roads this morning. Then we saw another one and another one. That's when I realized the boat show was this weekend.
Tomt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:03 AM   #14
Ms Molly McKever

Default NE Boat show

Has anyone gone to the boat show? Not much being said on the forum.Thinking of going thursday.
Ms Molly McKever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:09 AM   #15
Rich

Yes, I went last Saturday. Considering the snow that was on its way, we almost had the place to ourselves.

As usual, I enjoyed it, if only to see some boats to remind me that spring was on its way.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:33 AM   #16
GodSmile

Default We went....

Went last Saturday as well.... light attendance as has been stated. As usual it was nice to see what's new and marvel at the prices of new boats....
GodSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:19 AM   #17
MeredithMan

Default Boat Show Foot Traffic...

Made it into the show yesterday afternoon. Spoke with a couple of the dealers I know from the lake, who said that the show people have stated attendance is off about 40% from last year. Weather/parking/mobility seem to be the factors. Nonetheless, one of my dealer friends said that he had sold 3 boats this week, all 24 feet and above.

Also saw Elliot from the Jordan's Furniture TV commercials walking around checking out the boats. Black T-shirt, black jeans, and pony tail, just like on TV....you would think he could afford more than one outfit....
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:24 AM   #18
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Elliot and Barry

I remember seeing the both of them with family members on jetskis around Lake Winni and Squam lake. Never saw them in a boat.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:49 PM   #19
Cobalt 25

Default star of the show?

If you go tomorrow you might want to check out the Maggie Mae, a Hinckley that was on the front page of the Globe when it got stuck in a snowbank in downtown Boston. It's with the other Hinckleys, absolutely beautiful boats.

There is a slight ding on the starboard side, not bad considering how stuck she was.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...WIL/story.html
Cobalt 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:02 PM   #20
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Boat shows are cool because I get to see the boat I will buy in 10 years!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote