Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts
Default Looking for a GP. Anyone use Dr Lewis in Wolfeboro?

I need to find a Doctor. Getting up there in age and ailments nowadays, so I figure 15 years between Dr. Visits is long enough. I am 50 now. Time for a colonoscopy, flu shots, you know, general ailment stuff. My last visit to the ER instead of a GP cost me thousands of dollars. Pneumonia, last December. It was horrible...
Any way I see that there is a Dr. Lewis in Wolfeboro near the Autobody place on 28. Anyone know if he is good or not? Or a good recommendation for me.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Superfly

Default General practioner

I've used winnipesaukee medical for 5 years, no complaints.
Dr robert mathes is the md or you can see nurse practioners for faster appts for more common ailments.
They're attached to the hospital, rear parking lot, just left of emergency entrance. 569-7574
Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

I know several people who use Dr. Lewis and like him. He is kind of blunt and tells it like it is.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
ApS

Wink Rust Pond Clinic: (603) 569-6956

Around 1990, I got an eye infection and a Wolfeboronian recommended Dr. Eric Lewis—then in Ossipee. Considering the type of ailment, he took an extensive "history". I was really impressed—how often do I say that!?!?

A few years later, and still in excellent health, I decided to name him as my Primary Physician. (He was still in Ossipee—I was in Florida!) I was then told "Dr. Lewis wasn't taking any new patients!" (My argument that I was a prior patient fell on deaf ears).

A few years passed, but by checking back regularly, was finally able to see him. (He also has ER hours at Huggins Hospital).

He took a huge History, allows abundant time for each visit, acquaints himself thoroughly with previous years' complaints, answers all my questions, lectures me annually on staying out of the sun ("a risk-taking behavior"), and is the most likeable MD I've known. His staff loves him. (In turn, I advise him that riding his bike to his office is a risk-taking behavior).

I casually mentioned Dr. Lewis' name over lunch at the Pine Cone restaurant, and a patron walked over from her table to advise me how wonderful a doctor he is ( ! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
Anyone know if he is good or not? Or a good recommendation for me.
I'd go see a different doctor: this one's too important to share!
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:57 AM   #5
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I know several people who use Dr. Lewis and like him. He is kind of blunt and tells it like it is.
Dr. Demasi might be a good choice.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2009, 07:36 AM   #6
Lakepilot

My inlaws have Dr. Lewis as their GP. He's a good doctor and direct. He calls a spade a spade. He's not going to provide the warm fuzzy feeling of some other doctors. The medical care he provides is good.
Lakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:17 AM   #7
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Great, and thanks. I did call and seems there is a 6-8 week wait for new clients. Except, I have a problem NOW. I guess I'll go to the ER at Laconia Regional.
Feels like my bladder is chuck full and ready to pop. (Aches below my beltline especially coming down a flight of stairs.) But I know it isn't. Never had this feeling before in my life. Anyway thanks....
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Great, and thanks. I did call and seems there is a 6-8 week wait for new clients. Except, I have a problem NOW. I guess I'll go to the ER at Laconia Regional.
Feels like my bladder is chuck full and ready to pop. (Aches below my beltline especially coming down a flight of stairs.) But I know it isn't. Never had this feeling before in my life. Anyway thanks....
Did you try getting into Dr. Demasi's office?
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
WinnDixie

Default Go now!

Quote:
Well, here I am jumping right in to mind your business, Lakesrider...but, if you didn't go yesterday, go today! T-o-d-a-y. I am no medical person, but what you describe sounds like it is running red flags up the flagpole. Hopefully it might just be an infection...but it is not something you need to ponder any longer.

I have some questions,as I'm not sure about all this(even as I am bossing Lakesrider around!). Does the Laconia Clinic no longer have that walk-in type section ( on the first floor)? I used to go to it, but that was quite awhile ago. I'm sort of assuming the Wolfeboro hospital doesn't have one like this? If one presents at the ER and it turns out to be a serious problem, what do they do? Recommend a doctor for the problem? Just how do they address it? We are on Medicare, and we had to find a new doctor, down here, several years ago. That was a challenge, of course, though we finally found one. Lakesrider is 50, so not facing that particular one yet; but is there this kind of shortage of doctors in general there?
WinnDixie is offline   Reply With Quote