Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #1
rmorse27

I had a chance to look at a boat slip at Akwa Marina last friday.First of all the place has no gas docks or mechanics.The place looks very run down and not very impressive.They wanted $2884 for a boat slip,for what I ask you.I know im new to boating but for $2884 I should get more than what they offer.Maybe im wrong.
rmorse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
secondcurve

That seems a little bit on the high side, but it certainly has been a sellers market for the past 5 or 6 years. That being said, this spring may be a bit softer if the economy slips. Where is Akwa Marina? My biggest concern would be not having a mechanic handy. Good luck.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
rmorse27

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve
That seems a little bit on the high side, but it certainly has been a sellers market for the past 5 or 6 years. That being said, this spring may be a bit softer if the economy slips. Where is Akwa Marina? My biggest concern would be not having a mechanic handy. Good luck.

Akwa Marina is about 2 miles up the road from Wiers beach on the right hand side.
rmorse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:30 PM   #4
The Big Kahuna

Default It is a bargin

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve
I do not know where they are but most marinas charge between $3,000 and $5,000 for the season to store a boat. Even the private slips can't be had for less than $2,000, unless you know someone.
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:47 PM   #5
Paugus Bay Resident

A lot depends on the size (beam and length) and if shore power, cable, water, etc. is available. Around $100+ a foot (with minimal services) is certainly not unheard of.
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorse27
I had a chance to look at a boat slip at Akwa Marina last friday.They wanted $2884 for a boat slip,for what I ask you.I know im new to boating but for $2884 I should get more than what they offer.Maybe im wrong.
So, tell us, what size boat will the slip accommodate - that is key to the price structure?

As for service, there are a number of marine businesses that will store your boat, winterize, summerize, do general mechanics, and detail it, as well.

If you look at the ads in the classified section of this website, you might realize that you passed on a good deal, as perceived by some boaters.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:28 AM   #7
secondcurve

PBR:

That is a good point. I was assuming a standard 22 foot boat, but as you point out that was not stated.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:02 AM   #8
SIKSUKR

I had a friend rent a slip last summer there and I too was disapointed with the condition of the whole place.I believe they are just renting out slips that go with the unsold property of Aqua Soliel.Perhaps there are future plans to upgrade if/when the lots get sold.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #9
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
Perhaps there are future plans to upgrade if/when the lots get sold.
I think your right, but I'm leaning towards the "if" part myself. Its been very quiet up there save for the Christmas lights they put up.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #10
jrc

Last year the slips at Mountain View were a lot more than that.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:31 AM   #11
Onshore

Akwa Marina got a permit for the complete tear down, rebuild and reconfiguration of the facility in mid-October.
Onshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:37 PM   #12
wires1999

Default The Landing?

I had a brother in law up there when it was called the Landing, I think that was the name of it. I personally wouldn't recommend this marina only for the unusual rough water during a busy weekend. You really can't sit in your boat during the day or take a quick nap with all the wild boat rocking. I'm not talking about the gentle rocking either. The people @ the time were so much fun but I know it's probably a different crowd there now. It is a cheap rate, no doubt about it but it isn't a very desirable location with the exception to being close to a run down Weirs. Slips generally go between $3000 up to $5500 on the big lake. Try Spinnaker, Mountain View, or some others in protected areas, you'll be glad you spent the extra money.
wires1999 is offline   Reply With Quote