Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Soapmistress

Default Newbie-Moving to Moultonboro

Hi Y'all

I'm new to the forum, thought I'd join up and sure have found lots of useful and interesting information here, so thank you very much. I LOVE all the Historical stuff ! I'm moving up in December

Are there any festivities around the lake for Christmas ?

Soapmistress
Soapmistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

52 views and no one says Hi? Ok Let me be the first to say welcome to the forum and to Moultonborough. I am a Moultonboroughianite. (Suissevale) Or whatever you call us....
December is a tough time to move. You must really want to come up here.
And by your forum name I don't have to tell you to keep it clean around here....LOL

Oh yeah...watch the speed limits in town....Really! They WILL get you at some point.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
Soapmistress (11-03-2010)
Old 11-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
Soapmistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
52 views and no one says Hi? Ok Let me be the first to say welcome to the forum and to Moultonborough. I am a Moultonboroughianite. (Suissevale) Or whatever you call us....
And by your forum name I don't have to tell you to keep it clean around here....LOL

Oh yeah...watch the speed limits in town....Really! They WILL get you at some point.
Hahaha.....thank you Lakesrider. Yes, I know my username is a little strange, its a hold over from a shaving forum that I belong too, so I'm all about keeping it clean

And yes, December is one crazy month to move, but it's cuz I'm getting married to a wonderful man who lives there in Moultonboro

Speaking of........ can someone tell me about the spelling of Moultonboro ? or is it Moultonborough ? I'm never sure which way is correct
Old 11-03-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
Lakesrider

I always spell it the long way. I believe it to be correct. However I have gotten mail with the 'boro spelling. So I think it is up to you.

I love when you have to fill in some form and they give you a line/space for the town and you have to squeeze Moultonborough into it.... That when you use the boro ending I guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
Redsoxlover

Default Welcome to Moultonborough/Moultonboro!

People spell it either way so which ever you prefer is fine. Check out the Library once your here. They offer many different (free) programs, day & night throughout the year. Lots of Christmas Fairs and usually a few plays in the area too. Best Wishes on your upcoming wedding!
Redsoxlover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redsoxlover For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
Marauder

Default Welcome to the Lakes Region!

Welcome newbie! There use to be a wonderful Christmas in downtown Meredith, but I haven't been in years due to heading to FL for a few months.

Keep a look out in the Weir's Times and the terrific Free daily paper, they tell you what's up.
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marauder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
Pineedles

Welcome. Take a look at the green/blue bar that starts with Home Forums Gallery, etc. About half way across is Calendar. I have given you a link to the December activities below though.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...o=displaymonth
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Gal (11-04-2010), Soapmistress (11-03-2010)
Old 11-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
Rag Top Daze

Default You're gonna love it here!

Welcome to Moultonborough, Soapmistress. I like to spell it the long way. Just a personal quirk. We moved to town 5 years ago and absolutely love it here! We've found the people to be quite friendly and have made some really fun friends. Last year we went to the Wright Museum for the Festival of Trees. We hadn't been to the museum before, so we did that at the same time.That was a great way to spend an afternoon and get into the spirit. I've heard that Castle in the Clouds is going to be doing some sort of Christmas thing this year, but I don't have any details. You could probably to their website to get information. There is a Homes for the Holidays tour in early December. That one sounds like something that would be fun to do. This year I want to take a stroll through downtown Wolfeboro while the decorations are up. We usually drive through, but have never taken the time to walk it. This is the year for that. Watch the papers. They will have some activities listed. Best wishes for the new life you are starting. Enjoy the area.

I live for a rag top day
Rag Top Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Welcome...

...from the other side of the Lake: Alton Bay.

Hope you enjoy your new surroundings. Snowmobiling. Cross Country skiing in Wolfeboro. Snowshoe just about anywhere you can hike, and then start looking forward to spring and summer.

Enjoy. Alson look at the Calendar in the tool bar at the top of the forum.

And congrats on marrying that special guy.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #10
Sal

Default Moultonborough

Perhaps one of the very intelligent/knowledgeable people who inhabit/haunt this forum can tell me why we need to include the name of the town, when addressing envelopes, when the zip-code does the job.
Why do we have to spell out M O U L T O N B O R O U G H when 03254 clearly denotes the intended location? In fact, if one uses the zip-code-plus four, why do we need to include a street address.
Strikes me that a NAME and a zip+4 should get a piece of mail delivered to its intended destination. Otherwise, WHY use these NUMBERS at all???

Enquiring minds ......
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #11
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Perhaps one of the very intelligent/knowledgeable people who inhabit/haunt this forum can tell me why we need to include the name of the town, when addressing envelopes, when the zip-code does the job.
Why do we have to spell out M O U L T O N B O R O U G H when 03254 clearly denotes the intended location? In fact, if one uses the zip-code-plus four, why do we need to include a street address.
Strikes me that a NAME and a zip+4 should get a piece of mail delivered to its intended destination. Otherwise, WHY use these NUMBERS at all???

Enquiring minds ......
I used to work in 3rd Class mail printing and dropping for a large (very large!) off-set printing company... I can explain some of it - perhaps others can add to this...

Because if you miss a number in the ZIP code it will help the mail sorters to get the mail to you. And some times - not often - a ZIP code won't necessarily be town-specific. I've seen Alton addresses with a Wolfeboro ZIP because that's how the mail is delivered (and the houses were right on the Alton/Wolfeboro line).
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:31 AM   #12
riverat

Default Welcome to the Lakes Region!

You will love it here and never want to leave, wonderful people and things to do all year around. Lots of great info here on the forum and check out the Weirs Times for "Things to do" at http://www.weirs.com/
Old 11-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #13
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post

Enquiring minds ......
I am with you on this. I had an argument on a piece of mail that came back from the Wolfeboro PO. We had addressed something every month to Center Wolfeboro for years. It also had a PO box. Suddenly one day, it came back. BTW it was the address given to us by the person. The PO said they didn't know where Center Wolfeboro was. My argument was theoretically if you have a po box and a zip, it should get delivered. The postmaster did agree with me.
tis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #14
Soapmistress

WoW.....a big Thank you for all of the warm welcomes. I'm really excited to be moving there.

I was born in the south, but raised in the mountains of West Virginia. I never thought there could be a more beautiful place than here, until I came to visit New Hampshire. It really is beautiful there, and I love all of the history!

So it seems like most folks have PO Boxes, and not mail delivered to their homes. Is that because they don't have enough postal workers ?

Colleen
Old 11-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #15
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapmistress View Post
Yes, I know my username is a little strange, its a hold over from a shaving forum that I belong too, so I'm all about keeping it clean
Welcome to the forum SM. I'm still giggling and wondering what a shaving forum is that's all about keeping it clean.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #16
DickR

Default re: PO boxes

"So it seems like most folks have PO Boxes, and not mail delivered to their homes. Is that because they don't have enough postal workers ?"

Colleen, as you'll find out, a good fraction (majority?) of the roads in town are privately maintained, predominantly gravel surfaced, although plowed in the winter by the town. You'll see "Pvt" at the end of street signs, indicating this. Typically you'll see groups of standard mailboxes on posts or grouped on a rail at the point where the private road ends at a town road. In my case, my mail box is about 0.4 mile from the house. I pick up the mail when returning from a trip out or at the end of a noon run. UPS and FedEx, and probably the US post office with express mail or something needing a signature, do come in the road to the house. You can have the post office hold on to packages too large to fit in your mail box, and just leave a slip saying you have a package to pick up at the post office. Finally, some do have regular post office boxes, for whatever private reasons they may have.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #17
Soapmistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Welcome to the forum SM. I'm still giggling and wondering what a shaving forum is that's all about keeping it clean.
I'm a soap maker, it's what I do for a living

DickR....thank you for additional information on the PO boxes, vs Mailboxes. Many years ago when I was growing up out in the country we had a row of mailboxes on the main road that folks would stop and get their mail, before turning on to the long dirt road home.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soapmistress For This Useful Post:
SIKSUKR (11-04-2010)
Old 11-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #18
Whimsey

Default Wolfeboro First Night

At the risk of getting back to the original topic, on of my favorite Holiday events in the area is the First Night New Years festivities held annually in Wolfeboro. Music, stage, comedy and fireworks !

Welcome to the neighborhood.
Whimsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #19
RickDonofrio

Talking

I Just want to say thank you all for welcome my soon to be wife to the Moultonboro area. Being a life long resident of wolfeboro and now living in moultonboro have been for 6 years i love this town and i know she will too. So thanks again to all of you . P.S. SHE DOSE MAKE THE BEST SOAP...
RickDonofrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #20
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDonofrio View Post
I Just want to say thank you all for welcome my soon to be wife to the Moultonboro area. Being a life long resident of wolfeboro and now living in moultonboro have been for 6 years i love this town and i know she will too. So thanks again to all of you . P.S. SHE DOSE MAKE THE BEST SOAP...
Rick - check your email... I think we may have a common... acquaintance...
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #21
robmac

Welcome to NH and the Lakes Region,I'm sure you will love it year round. And congatulations on your upcoming nuptuals. Rob
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #22
WinnDixie

Default Welcome/ Congratulations!

Quote:

Welcome to the Forum, Soapmistress. I lived up in the Lakes Region most of my life...it IS INDEED beautiful.

And Lakesrider!! "Moultonboroughianite"...Congratulations...there 's a mighty endeavour...all 20 letters of it!! BTW, always LOVE your pictures...keep 'em coming!
WinnDixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #23
SIKSUKR

Quote:
I'm a soap maker, it's what I do for a living
I should probably buy some then and clean up my act.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #24
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking Welcome!

Welcome to the Forum Soapmistress!

Is your business online or will you be opening up shop? If you have a Lakes Region website, be sure to add it to our Lake Links.

Helpful link: The town of Moultonborough

It is proper to spell Moultonborough out fully.
(I'm surprised the Lake Winnipesaukee Historical Society shortened it! )

You are going to love living in the Lakes Region! When and where will your wedding be?

Best wishes and good luck!

Celia
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #25
dpg

Shaving forum?? And I thought I needed to get a life!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #26
The Eagle

Default Welcome Soapmistress!

Hi Soapmistress,
Welcome to the best group of people on the internet, AND to Moultonborough! I have lived here (part time) for 12+ years anad love it! I'm VERY close to retiring and 3 guesses where I'll be living! Do you [lan to live in Suissevale? (You never said where in town you were going to live., so I'm curious). You alreqdy go one good tip, SLOW DOWN going through Moultonborough center. (30 MPH) It IS a speed trap, and they will get you! West Virginia? Humm I did see Ya'Al" in your first post! LOL..I used to go to Martinsburgh, WV, years ago...every weekend! Drove from MA to Martinsburg in about 8 hours. (Speed limits were different then..and I was young and crazy! LOL! LOVED WV!
BY the way..Watch out for the Hawks!
"The Eagle"
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #27
Soapmistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
Welcome to the Forum Soapmistress!

Is your business online or will you be opening up shop? If you have a Lakes Region website, be sure to add it to our Lake Links.

Helpful link: The town of Moultonborough

It is proper to spell Moultonborough out fully.
(I'm surprised the Lake Winnipesaukee Historical Society shortened it! )

You are going to love living in the Lakes Region! When and where will your wedding be?

Best wishes and good luck!

Celia

Y'all are the best Thank you to Rob, Eagle, Winn Dixie, dpg, annnnd Siksukr !

Rattlesnake gal, I just love your name. We have a place here called "Rattlesnake Ridge", and when they built the new jail guess where they built it

RG thank you for the links and the info on the "Lakes Region Website"....and yes, I've had an online business for the past two years, but the website "purchase" function was disabled on November 1st. so I could be busy packing up things here and getting ready for my move. But u can still get a good idea if you take a look at the link below.

Rick and I will be married on May 28th ....and I'm not quite sure yet, where ? I'd like to get married in a lil ole church, but not sure where to join or what churches are there ?

http://www.thegentlemensquarter.com

And yeeeees, I know suspicious name....but I promise, its family friendly The bulk of my product line is traditional wet shaving soap, shaving cream, aftershave etc. for men, but I do have some nice things for women toooooo!

Colleen
Old 11-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #28
robmac

what do you offer for women as I would like to send something to a friend
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #29
Cristen

Colleen - just wanted to say welcome! I have spent every summer up here at the lake with my family since I was born. We bought a house of our own in Moultonborough 2 years ago and have been living here fulltime for a year and a half. The lakes region is a special place and I think you will really enjoy it.

Cristen
Cristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #30
Soapmistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristen View Post
Colleen - just wanted to say welcome! I have spent every summer up here at the lake with my family since I was born. We bought a house of our own in Moultonborough 2 years ago and have been living here fulltime for a year and a half. The lakes region is a special place and I think you will really enjoy it.

Cristen
Hey Cristen, Thank you for the warm welcome. First time I came to visit, I told Rick that the Lakes Region was "just like Disneyland, except for folks who like the outdoors".....lol.... so it's right up my alley

Robmac..... For the ladies, I have cold process bath soaps, glycerin and goat's milk soap, lavender and rose sachets, bath salts. I use essential oils, "some" fragrance oils, but not much...they give me a headache. No artificial colors, no parabens, no sulfates etc. I like to use fresh teas, and herbs in my bath soaps, many of which I grow myself....like lavender, mints, lemon balm, sage.

Hahaha, I like FOOOOOD too, so the extra herbs end up in the kitchen

Would there be a better category/thread for me to say something about my business ? I don't wanna get bumped
Old 11-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #31
Pineedles

To answer the question regarding information needed in the address of a letter I hope I can shed some light on it without getting to technicial or wordy. A machine called a Multiline Optical character Reader/sorter MLOCR for short, employs a camera and software to read the address on a letter. It is designed, hence name multiline, to read multiple lines of an adddress and consult a database of US addresses and match it to the delivery point code (DPC), or 11 digit barcode, Those short and long bars at the bottom of an address represent the Zip Code, the +4, and the last 2 digits of your street number, and a check digit. Many of you are correct that the city is not needed to lookup the correct DPC but often Zip Codes are wrong and hence another element, such as the City is needed. My company makes these MLOCR sorters for private mailing companies and many foriegn postal services.

If anyone has any other questions please PM me.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #32
Soapmistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
To answer the question regarding information needed in the address of a letter I hope I can shed some light on it without getting to technicial or wordy. A machine called a Multiline Optical character Reader/sorter MLOCR for short, employs a camera and software to read the address on a letter. It is designed, hence name multiline, to read multiple lines of an adddress and consult a database of US addresses and match it to the delivery point code (DPC), or 11 digit barcode, Those short and long bars at the bottom of an address represent the Zip Code, the +4, and the last 2 digits of your street number, and a check digit. Many of you are correct that the city is not needed to lookup the correct DPC but often Zip Codes are wrong and hence another element, such as the City is needed. My company makes these MLOCR sorters for private mailing companies and many foriegn postal services.

If anyone has any other questions please PM me.

Good morning Pineedles, thank you for that very informative post! I do know that machines read barcodes for shipment, I print most of my shipping labels off on the computer, and of course it seems like most mail has a barcode on it now.

But what happens when a person writes an address by hand ? Is it true that those go slower in the mail, because a real human has to read it ?
Old 11-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #33
Pineedles

When a handwritten adddressed mailpiece is unable to be read by the OCR software a flourescent barcode is appplied to the back of the envelope. In fact most all envelopes have these tiny little red bars on them. This code is a tag number that is associated with the image or picture of the address that the camera took. The mailpiece will go into a temporary reject bin on the sorter and will be run through the sorter again once a human being sitting at a computer terminal viewing address images that could not be read by the OCR, types into the keyboard the critical elements like street number, street, town, state, and Zip code. Then when the mail piece is re-run through the sorter it reads the barcode on the back associates the derived 11-digit barcode and the mailpiece is barcoded and sorted.

Many times the software can actually read some handwritten pieces and the termnal operator never needs to type more than a few characters into the keyboard. Software that reads handwritten addresses has gotten better and better over the years whereas today very few pieces need human intervention. To answer your question your mail will not be slowed down because it is handwritten, since the process happens so quickly even when hand keying is needed. The USPS has multiple centers setup around the country, with hundreds of people in these facilities keying.

Maybe more than you want to know, but the current barcodes are called Postnet barcodes, and as I said they contain the 11-digits. Starting early next year all barcodes will be IMB codes, or Intelligent Mail Bar codes. These codes will contain not only the 11-digits but the sender's address in the form of a mailer assigned code, plus other information that helps track the mailpiece.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
Soapmistress (11-05-2010)
Old 11-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #34
Soapmistress

Quote:
When a handwritten adddressed mailpiece is unable to be read by the OCR software a flourescent barcode is appplied to the back of the envelope. In fact most all envelopes have these tiny little red bars on them. This code is a tag number that is associated with the image or picture of the address that the camera took. The mailpiece will go into a temporary reject bin on the sorter and will be run through the sorter again once a human being sitting at a computer terminal viewing address images that could not be read by the OCR, types into the keyboard the critical elements like street number, street, town, state, and Zip code. Then when the mail piece is re-run through the sorter it reads the barcode on the back associates the derived 11-digit barcode and the mailpiece is barcoded and sorted.

Many times the software can actually read some handwritten pieces and the termnal operator never needs to type more than a few characters into the keyboard. Software that reads handwritten addresses has gotten better and better over the years whereas today very few pieces need human intervention. To answer your question your mail will not be slowed down because it is handwritten, since the process happens so quickly even when hand keying is needed. The USPS has multiple centers setup around the country, with hundreds of people in these facilities keying.

Maybe more than you want to know, but the current barcodes are called Postnet barcodes, and as I said they contain the 11-digits. Starting early next year all barcodes will be IMB codes, or Intelligent Mail Bar codes. These codes will contain not only the 11-digits but the sender's address in the form of a mailer assigned code, plus other information that helps track the mailpiece.
Call me weird, but I just love this kind of info. Very informative Pineedles..."news u can use" Are you the local Postmistress ?
Old 11-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #35
GTO

Default welcome....

Quote:
Call me weird, but I just love this kind of info. Very informative Pineedles..."news u can use" Are you the local Postmistress ?
Well, if you like that kind of info.....then next summer you'll have to visit The Lobster Pound Restaurant by boat....its right on the water....I hear they might even put in a drive through for boaters in the Spring
Yosemite Sam (11-06-2010)
Old 11-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #36
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Colleen, Welcome to Moultonborough! It is a nice town with great residents, both full and part time.

The advice above is right on. This forum is such an asset to the region!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #37
Soapmistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well, if you like that kind of info.....then next summer you'll have to visit The Lobster Pound Restaurant by boat....its right on the water....I hear they might even put in a drive through for boaters in the Spring
OMG....no waaaaaay! Really ! I just have to know how this works, so it's like a floating restaurant? And you go out by boat ?
Old 11-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #38
RickDonofrio

Talking

you would have to have wheels on your boat to get to the pound. Or get a long rope........
RickDonofrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:13 AM   #39
RailroadJoe

GTO Nasty, that's no way to bring a new one on board.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #40
Soapmistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
GTO Nasty, that's no way to bring a new one on board.
I'm beginning to think y'all are teasin me
Old 11-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #41
Yosemite Sam

Quote:

If you want to use your boat to get to the Lobster Pound Restaurant, make sure the tide is in before you attempt to dock there.
Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #42
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
Colleen, GTO was having fun but at your expense. Not a nice way to treat a new member here. This now locked thread will shed some light on the comments.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ad.php?t=10898

Welcome to the forum.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #43
Pineedles

I think she also needs to know what a locked thread is. Getting alot of education, real fast.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #44
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
I think she also needs to know what a locked thread is. Getting alot of education, real fast.
Ah, yes .... a locked thread is one that the webmaster has decided no longer serves a positive use and further posts can no longer be added to the thread. Only the webmaster can lock a thread and his judgement is always excellent, even if some disagree with him.
RailroadJoe (11-07-2010), Ropetow (11-07-2010), webmaster (11-06-2010)
Old 11-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #45
twoplustwo

Default Hi!

Welcome to town! April will mark my 18th year as a resident (full-time) in da boro. Love it here. And ditto the speed comment - we have more cops than squirrels
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #46
Soapmistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
we have more cops than squirrels

I'm gonna have to be careful, cuz I have a habit of driving on the other side of the speed limit
Old 11-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #47
Lucky1

Welcome to the best Forum around!!! I find that it is fun to go to some of the Holiday Fairs at the schools if I am around the area at that time. One can find a few nice gifts and have a bite to eat on the run.

Slow down and stay alive as well as have a good driving record! Them there automobiles can kill ya!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a beautiful wedding as well as a long happy marriage!
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #48
Lakesrider

So we are all invited to the wedding and reception correct. I just want to make sure we all keep our calendars open.....
Old 11-08-2010, 07:05 AM   #49
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

This is a great forum, Soapmistress.....everyone is so friendly and all you have to do is ask or do a search to find out about any business or service that you might need. Welcome
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #50
Soapmistress

Quote:
So we are all invited to the wedding and reception correct. I just want to make sure we all keep our calendars open.....

Why y'all know it ! We're planning a "pig roast", and then folks need to bring a covered dish, and that way it won't matter how many people come, thell ( which is short for "there will"...lol....) be plenty of vittles ....lol.

May 28th, its on a Saturday
Old 11-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #51
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
... May 28th, its on a Saturday
OMG, Mrs. RISY and I were married on that date. We wish you all the best.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #52
jkjoshuatree

Default May 28th?

I'm available. What can I bring?
Old 11-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #53
Soapmistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Swamp Yankee View Post
OMG, Mrs. RISY and I were married on that date. We wish you all the best.

I'll take that as a good omen ! So how long have you and Mrs. RISY been married ?

....and yes jkjoshuatree, you need to bring some of those shakeologies to drink, interesting links !!!!! Speaking of.....I got to lose some weight before my wedding day why does it always work that way, sniff, sniff....lol.

Cuz I love cookies
Old 11-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #54
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
... So how long have you and Mrs. RISY been married ?
44 years and counting. In fairness to Mrs. RISY I should say we married when she was -10 years old.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #55
jkjoshuatree

Wink Soapmistress...

I sent you a PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #56
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Very informative Pineedles..."news u can use" Are you the local Postmistress ?
Pineedles is no Mistress. Imagine Jeff in a dress?
Old 11-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #57
Pineedles

Leave it to you Bill, to pick that up. I have a worn a kilt though. Hoot mun Hoot!
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
SIKSUKR (11-09-2010)