Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
Airwaves

Default "Old Style" charts of Winnipesaukee

Hi All
Does anyone know who sells the "old style" charts of Winnipeasukee? Those would be the charts that have the entire lake on one side and are waterproof? I just don't like the charts I have to keep flipping over from side to side because it always seems the information I need is on the edge.

Either Duncan or Bizer, ideally both.
Thanks

The chart I have is 11 years old and published by Lakes Region Cartographic, Inc. I don't know if they are still around but an update of that chart would do the trick as well provided it was on one side and waterproof. Anyone sell something like this?

Last edited by Airwaves; 09-03-2006 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Added a "third" chart
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #2
Resident 2B

Airwaves,

I believe the Bizer paper chart is what you are looking for. The are waterproof and kept up to date. You can buy them from this web site and the profit goes to support the web site. They are also available from most marinas on the lake and cost about $15.00

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:01 PM   #3
Airwaves

Thanks
I was reluctant to buy something that was described as "paper" since paper obviously doesn't do well on the water but if it has some kind of laminate or waterproofing on it, then it's exactly what I'm looking for.
Thanks again
AW
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #4
Grant

Allow me to give a testimonial as to the durability of the Bizer charts...

A little over a week ago, I went on one of my many little "local" dives to look for junk (treasure) in the 15-25 range along our shore. It's really just an excuse to get wet, look at fish, and work on buoyancy control. Anyway, as I was nearing my turnaround point, I noticed a triangular object protruding up out of the silt. I went closer, yet still couldn't make out what it was. I pulled, and out came a laminated 1997 Bizer chart. Still readable, still intact.

I folded it, tucked it in the waistband of my BCD, and headed back. Left it out on the dock in the sun for a few days to see if I could get the water out. No luck -- the lamination held the water securely inside. I could've poked a hole in it and drained it, but I have a newer version, so it went to the dump. I did, however, take a few pics to send to Bizer, so thanks for the reminder.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #5
jrc

If you find a laminated version between Governors and Timber islands, it's mine

I'm also storing a few fold-up versions around the bottom of the lake. The first few years with my own boat, I bought a lot of charts.

My wife still remembers the pain of losing the laminated chart. I cleverly had it attached to the windshield support. When the wind broke the string, the chart flew back and hit her in the forehead. It hit exactly on edge and actually drew a little blood. That's when we switched to the softer paper charts.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links