Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
corollaman

Default Meredith Ford

What is going on with Meredith Ford? I have noticed that for the past few weeks, there weren't any new cars out front, just the used ones over to the side.
Today I drive by, and the used ones are gone too. Doesn't look like they're open anymore. Is another dealer going in? Are they the latest casualty of the cruddy economy? Someone please fill me in what happened to them. They've been around for years, and now it looks like they're all done.
corollaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
no-engine

Rumor says they have had a site in Plymouth. Total rumor.

Unfortunate for another vacant business site!
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
MV1

Meredith Ford & Plymouth Ford are same Dealership...Aubuchon Hardware is supposed to be moving to Meredith Ford building
MV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
Grandpa Redneck

Default Now in Plymouth

Yep, its a fact, they have moved everything to Plymouth.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV1 View Post
Meredith Ford & Plymouth Ford are same Dealership...Aubuchon Hardware is supposed to be moving to Meredith Ford building
We knew both are French family.

Does those moves sort of indicate that Aubuchon might be anticipating a roundabout? I am aware that Pizza now vacant and Aubuchon rent.

State would be crazy........
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
TomC

Default roundabout

if i recall correctly, someone once posted the plans/concept for the roundabout at rts 25 and 3. was a few years ago.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
donnamatrix

Default Who's on First?

I hear that before anyone can move to the Meredith Ford site, the EPA must be satisfied that the ground on the site is acceptable - and I hear that it is NOT acceptable. The site has been home to several different types of service companies over the years, and there will be testing of the soils. MVSB owns all the property at the corner including pizza joint and Aubuchon... I don't think the roundabout, which has been talked about for years, is a done deal yet, as all 4 of the corners at the intersection will lose some land to accommodate the roundabout. The state can probablay take what it wants by eminent domain (for the betterment of the community) - but I don't think anything has been decided yet.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
MV1

Last I knew they'd found old in-ground tank with oil still present so that will need to be taken care off before anything can happen. Roundabout if it happens will be fun to watch on a busy sunday afternoon...talk about bumper cars!!!!!
MV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
fatlazyless

The new home of Meredith Ford on Tenney Mt Hgwy in Plymouth used to be home for Fred Madore Chevrolet, and it looks to be much bigger and more spacious than the 50-year old Meredith location plus be located on a much more busy traffic area what with Walmart nearby. The old location in Meredith is just a wee bit off the beaten path and a wee bit remote. The sign out front of Meredith Ford in Plymouth is incredibly small in size. How's anyone going to know that it is a big high-powered, incredibly well built, designed, and serviced FORD MOTOR CARS DEALERSHIP with that tiny little sign?

The new Meredith Ford, now located in Plymouth, needs some much bigger, and much better signs out front there, ayuh!

FORD.....the only one that made it without a government hand-out!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
songkrai

Good luck to them.

Ford makes a fine product now. Just as good or better then the Japanese. And many/most of the Japanese cars are made right here in the good ole USA.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

During the Bail out time period, Ford had arranged for a 9 Billion dollar line of credit should the economy falter more. They also received 5.9 billion to retool factories via Gov't loans. In it's 2008 letter to Congress it stated that it would be initiating a $14 billion plan to produce more energy efficient vehicles. $5.9 Billion of that coming from Government loans. So indeed they did receive assistance from the Gov't. Just not under what is called a bailout or bridge loan.
Ford also lobbied hard for the Cash for clunkers and the Bailouts to Chrysler and GM as Ford would have also been hurt through supplier overlap which would be hurt if the bailouts did not happen.
So Bailout (bridge loan) no....But they didn't get nothing out of the Gov't during this time frame. And let's not forget that these "Bailouts are simply loans. Not free money. Everything is due to be paid back. Sorry. I just can't stand it when I hear people say that they won't buy a car from a Bailed out company. Don't kid yourselves. Ford got bailed out too.
Maybe we shouldn't buy a house from someone that got Federal mortgage assistance either? Hmmmmm.......
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #12
fatlazyless

Driving past the Meredith location today, it is clear that it is totally closed up now and all that remains is the very large sign out front that says "FORD" in the blue and white Ford Oval.

My crystal ball tells me that this too, the big Ford Sign, will soon be getting trucked over to Plymouth for an install at their new Plymouth location.

One quick question; will the business be called Meredith Ford, now located in Plymouth, or will it be: Plymouth Ford, formerly located in Meredith?

For what it's worth; I'd call it Plymouth Ford, just because it is a heck of a lot less confusing than calling it Meredith Ford, now located in Plymouth!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #13
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
During the Bail out time period, Ford had arranged for a 9 Billion dollar line of credit should the economy falter more. They also received 5.9 billion to retool factories via Gov't loans. In it's 2008 letter to Congress it stated that it would be initiating a $14 billion plan to produce more energy efficient vehicles. $5.9 Billion of that coming from Government loans. So indeed they did receive assistance from the Gov't. Just not under what is called a bailout or bridge loan.
Ford also lobbied hard for the Cash for clunkers and the Bailouts to Chrysler and GM as Ford would have also been hurt through supplier overlap which would be hurt if the bailouts did not happen.
So Bailout (bridge loan) no....But they didn't get nothing out of the Gov't during this time frame. And let's not forget that these "Bailouts are simply loans. Not free money. Everything is due to be paid back. Sorry. I just can't stand it when I hear people say that they won't buy a car from a Bailed out company. Don't kid yourselves. Ford got bailed out too.
Maybe we shouldn't buy a house from someone that got Federal mortgage assistance either? Hmmmmm.......
Interesting Lakesrider. I heard your surgery went well, looking forward to seeing you post again. The public perception is that Ford received no bailout. Wonder why the anti-business crowd haven't tried to tell the story. I hadn't heard of your version till now.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #14
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Driving past the Meredith location today, it is clear that it is totally closed up now and all that remains is the very large sign out front that says "FORD" in the blue and white Ford Oval.

My crystal ball tells me that this too, the big Ford Sign, will soon be getting trucked over to Plymouth for an install at their new Plymouth location.

One quick question; will the business be called Meredith Ford, now located in Plymouth, or will it be: Plymouth Ford, formerly located in Meredith?

For what it's worth; I'd call it Plymouth Ford, just because it is a heck of a lot less confusing than calling it Meredith Ford, now located in Plymouth!
I believe the Plymouth location has been there for years.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #15
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
I believe the Plymouth location has been there for years.
YES! It has.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #16
Happy Gourmand

Default Meredith FORD in Plymouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post

Why not? Laconia Harley Davidson is in Meredith!
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #17
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
Good point.I noticed Kentucky Fried Chix and Boston Chicken in Manchester the other day.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #18
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
When current owners bought, they changed the name. Maybe former owners would not release the name's registration... Only speculation...

Development "Meredith Bay" is in Laconia ~ stupid if I were asked.