Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Boater Safety Course

My recently turned 16 year old daughter is asking how she can get her boating license. Any suggestions as we're up here in Meredith on vacation and it would be a good time to get it.
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hubbard Rd View Post
My recently turned 16 year old daughter is asking how she can get her boating license. Any suggestions as we're up here in Meredith on vacation and it would be a good time to get it.
If she is ready for the test, call quickly and she can take a test at the Meredith CC or NHMPQ in Gilford this Friday afternoon!

More info for these 4 pm test can be had by calling here: 1-888-254-2125 OR 603-267-7256
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
NHKathy

Default Here's a link

Link to the NH Dept. of Safety's page on Boating Education...

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/s...ged/index.html
NHKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Boater safety

I did not realize that it was mandatory to take the classes then a supervised test. I though one could study at home then take their chances at passing the test. I also thought that the fee was really cheap?? It sounded like this license cost about $30 to obtain?????????????
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
beagle

Default I don't think you have to take the course

It is my understanding that you can study online or at home with the book that you can order thru nh boat ed. Then when ready, you can sit the exam and obtain your certificate. My 16 yo son did sit thru the class, and I was allowed to audit it with him. I did this because I got my certificate when it was still possible to take the test online. (And no, I did not cheat, I have a notebook full of notes and drawings to prove it!) It cost $30 for him to take the course and then when you send in your paperwork to the state after passing you have to include an additional $10 for the actual certificate. I have to say that getting the info from a live person has its advantages-our teacher was a NH marine patrol officer. However it is impossible for them to cover everything in the book during the short classroom time. My recommendation is to go on the NH boat ed website and take the practice tests several times before you pay to take the test. That way you can see a sampling of questions that are actually on the test and figure out what areas you need to study.
Good Luck!
beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links