Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-24-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
Fishy Cover

Default Cover Bungee

I'm looking for how-to advice regarding replacing the bungee loops that hold the back of the cover for my Four Winns Funship. One of the bungee loops has rotted and others are sure to follow. I have not been able to figure out how to remove the nylon fitting that clamps thru the canvas and holds the bungee cord, and have not found a source for replacements. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Fishy Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
islandAl

Default Melvin Village Marina

Four Winns dealer and has these in stock (or at least did a couple of years ago). The cover does open, buy the new ones and you will see how they work. Pliers and screwdriver is what I recall using. PS not cheap.
islandAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
Sunrise Point

I purchased a set at Winnisquam Marine a few years ago for a boat that we used to own. Island Al is right...you can do it yourself, I can't remember how we did it but it was very easy to figure out when you have the replacement parts in your hand.

The folks at Winnisquam Marine will give advice on how to do this. They are a Four Winns dealer.
Sunrise Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
Fishy Cover

Default Inexpensive replacement bungee

I figured out how to remove these and bought 4 replacements at the marina for $12.50 each. Since there are 8 of them on my boat, ($100 per set!) they last less than 2 years (or less if stretched) and are somewhat difficult to remove/replace I decided to put my entire marine engineering department on this to seek a better value solution.

I found these bungees at Lowe's for $1.89-- for a pack of 8! (23.6 cents each). My sis-in-law made the button holes in a few minutes and the bungees were easily and quickly installed. They are adjustable and there has been no visible deterioration in approx 18 months.

I hope this info is useful to some of you.
Attached Images

Last edited by Fishy Cover; 06-26-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: upload picture
Fishy Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #5
Irrigation Guy

Village Canvas in Meredith has them and I'm certain they would be far less than a marina or boat yard might charge.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #6
VtSteve

If you put Aerospace 303 Protectant on them, or even some WD40, you'd see they would be more supple, and last a lot longer.

Guy next to me at the dock has a Rinker with them, and his are original from 2003.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote