Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
winnitru

Default Auto transport

Can anyone recommend an auto transporter? I need to get my sedan from Tuftonboro to Naples, FL. I have had two less than spectacular experiences, and was hoping to avoid another. I would like the car put on a carrier, not driven. Thanks in advance.
winnitru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
robmac

I use Dependable Auto Shipper,they do door to door or you can pick up and drop off at a terminal. They have open and enclosed capabilities.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to robmac For This Useful Post:
winnitru (07-27-2010)
Old 07-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
WeirsBeachBoater

Default hauler

Enclosed or open? Enclosed, Intercity Lines, hands down. DAS, farms out to other companies, have done business with them, and they have good rates, I personally haven't had any issues. Sometimes a local company like Gulbickis at the Weirs takes cars down to FL for people, usually one on the truck and one in the trailer behind, has to be a full load for it to be worth his while. Hope this info helps.

Last edited by WeirsBeachBoater; 07-26-2010 at 02:14 PM.
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WeirsBeachBoater For This Useful Post:
winnitru (07-27-2010)
Old 07-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
Kerk

Smile Car Transport

I used Intercity for my restored Antique Car and was satisfied. Picked up in Kentucky to Ma.
Kerk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerk For This Useful Post:
winnitru (07-27-2010)
Old 07-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Amtrack

Use to put cars on a flatbed and haul them to FL while you ride in luxury in one of the passenger cars. It's been a decade since I did this not sure if they do this any more.
winnitru (07-27-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
dmjr

Try FedEx. They have a auto transport service, just visit www.fedex.com
The Following User Says Thank You to dmjr For This Useful Post:
winnitru (07-27-2010)
Old 07-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #7
Lucky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Use to put cars on a flatbed and haul them to FL while you ride in luxury in one of the passenger cars. It's been a decade since I did this not sure if they do this any more.
Amtrack Auto Train goes from Lorton, VA (near DC) to Sanford, FL ( near Orlando). Still going daily and great fun to take. Wish it went from an area around New England as one drives their car and it is loaded. Then you board and have a nice dinner, sleep overnight, have a nice breakfast and then arrive and get your car! Took it from VA three years ago.

Had my 2008 Jeep shipped north this year for the first time as my car here at the lake went. Had to wait five weeks and this was only to have it shipped from Naples to the Boston area. How much is it to ship a car from here? The company I used had their own trucks and usually makes trips from the midwest to FL I was told. I am not sure that I would use a company that did not have their own trucks and drivers.

Does anyone happen to know how one can dispose of a 99 Jeep Grande Cherokee with 52,000 miles and one year old Michelin tires etc but needs a new transmission and some other things? Not a mark on the car.

Have to be in Naples September to mid October and then fly north for HS reunion and then back to Naples. Am finishing a remodel and noise things have to be done May 1 to Nov 1.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky1 For This Useful Post:
winnitru (07-30-2010)
Old 07-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #8
Newbiesaukee

We have used AAA auto carrier based in West Palm Beach for seven years both ways Miami area to the Lake. They have been very reliable and never had a problem. We usually take the car to and pickup from Epsom which is a little east of Concord which saves money but they will do door to door. If you want more info don't hesitate to PM me. Their phone in WPB is 561 688-9858
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
winnitru (07-30-2010)
Old 07-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #9
EllyPoinster

According to their sign, Ray the Mover makes weekly trips to Naples, Fl.
EllyPoinster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EllyPoinster For This Useful Post:
winnitru (07-30-2010)
Old 07-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #10
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
Does anyone happen to know how one can dispose of a 99 Jeep Grande Cherokee with 52,000 miles and one year old Michelin tires etc but needs a new transmission and some other things? Not a mark on the car.
www.whitemtauto.com in Ashland sells 98 Jeep Wagoneers with 200k miles for something like $4999.00 because "We Finance Anyone! We've never turned anyone down!," plus they do their own repairs, buying any make except Toyota, fixing them up, and selling for unbelievable high prices.

Could be they would buy your Jeep for 500, and try to sell it for 5000, after making repairs like installing a junkyard transmission.
Lucky1 (08-01-2010)
Old 08-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
Lucky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
www.whitemtauto.com in Ashland sells 98 Jeep Wagoneers with 200k miles for something like $4999.00 because "We Finance Anyone! We've never turned anyone down!," plus they do their own repairs, buying any make except Toyota, fixing them up, and selling for unbelievable high prices.

Could be they would buy your Jeep for 500, and try to sell it for 5000, after making repairs like installing a junkyard transmission.
Thanks. I will call them Monday and ask. The sad thing is that I took it into a fellow who repairs autos and was told they would look at it and then let me know what it needed. The next day I went to find out the news and was told that it needed a transmission and several other things. After some discussion, I decided that I was not going to repair it as I would not feel safe driving alone in the car as I come up late at night etc. I WAS THEN TOLD THAT I OWED ABOUT 350 DOLLARS. I asked for what and was told he did some things so he could road test it??? I DROVE THE CAR IN AFTERALL???? I feel that I was really taken.
Will let you know what this place says. If any one else knows any way one gets rid of a car will you let me know although I don't want to hijack the thread. It would be a great car for someone who knows how to work on the motor things as the body etc is in wonderful shape.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #12
robmac

PM me I may have someone who needs it locally.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #13
Jmo77011

Default In-Laws

Hi there! My in-laws do things like this. They run a small "do it all" company, and they've driven cars to Florida for people before. They are very reasonable and flexible. PM me if you'd like more information!
Jmo77011 is offline   Reply With Quote