Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
colt17

Default Boat Lifts

We are looking to buy a boat lift next spring and recommendations on local companies?

thanks
colt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
camp guy

Default Boat lifts

Congratulations !! Can you be a little more descriptive as to what type of lifting you want to do - ie., lift from the bottom with a crank up system or lift from above as in a boat house. Is this lift system to be your primary method of storing the boat when not in use, both short and long term? What exposure do you have to heavy weather? A suggestion would be to ride around the Lake until you see something you like and pull up and ask the owners all the pertinent questions - boaters love to talk about their equipment. Also, go to some boat shows and collect literature. Good Luck.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
Lakepilot

We have one from Watermark and are happy. They are across from Laconia airport.
Lakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #4
Cobalt

Default Boat Lifts

We had Watermark Construction install a 12,000 pound Hi-Tide boat lift.

After 3 years, I have not had any problems. We also had Image Awnings of Wolfeboro install a 30 ft. awning above the lift. Since my boat is under 30 feet in length, I can lift the boat up under the awning and out of the sun and weather. Both companies were excellent to work with. If you plan on installing an awning be sure to include it in your permitting, and let the contractor know before installing the lift to allow for the awning frame.

Good Luck.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 AM   #5
pm203

I have been trying to get Watermark to help me with a lift for 4 years. After approx 40 calls and stopping by there shop 5times pleading for help, they have left me high and dry.(no pun intended) They do good work, if you can get them.Good luck.
pm203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
Lakepilot

We bought a Cobalt in June and wanted a lift for it. Got the weight of the boat from Thurston. Went to Watermark and determined which lift would work. Put down a deposit that day and it was installed 2-3 weeks later. Could not have been simpler.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #7
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default A question

To those with boat lifts. Does any one leave there lift in through the winter with a bubbler or circulator. I would really like to entertain the idea of a lift, but my shoreline is so steep that getting one in and out would not be easy....
Of course then the next question becomes how to protect the lift when the ice breaks up in the spring....
Old 11-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin
To those with boat lifts. Does any one leave there lift in through the winter with a bubbler or circulator. I would really like to entertain the idea of a lift, but my shoreline is so steep that getting one in and out would not be easy....
Of course then the next question becomes how to protect the lift when the ice breaks up in the spring....
If you are talking about a Sunlift or similar style cantilever lift it is recommended that they be removed unless you are extremely sheltered and run a bubbler. A permamently installed lift like a Hi-Tide may be better in your case. The Hi-Tide is piling mounted and will work well in shallow water. Watermark said that in our case with a Hi-Tide we could store out boat at the island on it year round if you liked.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:57 PM   #9
Cobalt

A bubbler or circulator is necessary with any permanent dock or lift structure to prevent damage while the lake is frozen. The wild card is when the ice begins to break up and flow in large pieces. A bubbler or circulator will not afford much protection if the wind blows in large chunks of ice. I have noticed those with westerly exposures have the greatest risks, but you know your own location and what type of ice conditions you have experienced.

I would hesitate leaving the boat on the lift over the winter just in case the lift were to be damaged by ice.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #10
codeman671

We didn't decide to go that route for the same reason as mentioned above. Trying to pull outdrives off the back of a boat suspended above the water would be no fun either. We run two circulators for protection and check it frequently.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:21 AM   #11
Lakepilot

We have our lift pulled out in the fall by Watermark. It costs us $350 to pull out and $350 to put in. I considered leaving it in the water, but was worried silly the ice would destroy our investment. It's too big for me to pull by myself, hence Watermark.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:03 AM   #12
colt17

do you need a permit from the town to put a lift in?
colt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:05 PM   #13
Onshore

I don't know about the local permit requirements but I do know that you need a permit throught the Wetlands Bureau.
Onshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:48 PM   #14
Lakepilot

Watermark has an individual that handles permit issues. If I recall the issue, for a smaller (sunlift type) is whether the lift added a dock space or simply replaced an existing dock space. But at any rate Watermark would handle required permits.