Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #1
Formula

Default Storm Damage

Can someone tell me if Moultonborough got any damages from this weekends storm?
Thanx
Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
CanisLupusArctos

A couple of trees and a few branches down, and a couple of neighborhood power outages. That's about all. The worst of this storm happened south of a line from Portland to Keene. This one really hit the Boston-NYC-DC corridor hard. From about 500 feet elevation to 1500 there was mixed precip and ice. Above 1500 there was snow (again.) The White Mountains got several more inches of snow out of this. Wildcat Ski Area is dancing for joy, and the Mount Washington Observatory is posting new snow pics on their facebook page. Gunstock and Mt. Major are looking very white today too.
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
nj2nh

New Jersey got nailed! There are massive trees down all over my little town. School closed today and tomorrow and probably Wednesday, too. Terrible mess. Further south, the Raritan River is waaay over its banks, flooding entire towns. The Passaic River isn't much better.

You all have been pretty lucky this winter. Almost makes me want to live up there year round, but not quite. Almost, though.

nj2nh
Old 03-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2nh View Post
New Jersey got nailed! There are massive trees down all over my little town. School closed today and tomorrow and probably Wednesday, too. Terrible mess. Further south, the Raritan River is waaay over its banks, flooding entire towns. The Passaic River isn't much better.

You all have been pretty lucky this winter. Almost makes me want to live up there year round, but not quite. Almost, though.

nj2nh
Sorry for your damage nj2nh but we all have not been pretty lucky. The same scenario happened here 3 weeks ago with 95 mph winds in Portsmouth and an unimaginable amount of trees and powerlines down. And my neighbors house split right down the middle. Still rebuilding our roof at my commercial property also.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
jeffk

Default In Moultonborough

I lost power Sunday night for a little while. From the driving around I have done most damage seems limited to washouts along the edges of roads especially along hills. That could lead to road problems later but everything in my limited travels seemed open and OK.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links