Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
Lucy Goose

Default Skiing Discounts

Okay I know it's a little early for this but I guess because we just put our boat away I am gearing up for the skiing. We just bought a house here in Melvin this past April. I know that Carroll County gets discounts on lift tickets. Can someone tell me where and also how you go about purchasing them? Need a license with your address or what?

Thanks in advance.

Lucy Goose
Lucy Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
beaner

Bretton Woods offers discount lift tickets to Carroll and Coos County residents on Sunday afternoons. You just present a drivers license at the ticket window. I can't recall exactly what the cost was last year, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't more than $20. Wildcat and Bretton Woods often seem to have decent skiing before some of the other areas can open for the season due to their proximity to Mt. Washington.

Wildcat will give you a free lift ticket on your birthday if it occurs during ski season.
beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
Lakegeezer

Default Cannon prices up - but still a great midweek deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Goose View Post
Okay I know it's a little early for this but...
It is never too early

Cannon Mountain have this year's deals posted. http://cannonraw.com/lift_tickets.html

2010-2011 SPECIAL DISCOUNTS & DEALS

Tuesdays & Thursdays 2-for-$67 or 1-for-$42 (find a partner in line!)
*Not valid 12/28/10, 12/30/10, 2/22/11, 2/24/11

NH Resident Wednesdays $35
Every Wednesday, non-holiday, New Hampshire Residents can purchase a lift ticket for just $35!
Proof of NH residency required. One ticket per Wednesday per resident. Not valid: 12/29/10, 2/23/11
Old 10-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
fatlazyless

Over the weekend, it was announced that Waterville Valley ski area, town square, and conference-concert-party center were all purchased by a local group headed by former Governor John Sununu, sons Chris & John and some other backers for a price that's less than 12-million dollars (?) and should be good for the ski area as old ners, Booth Creek of California had just been coasting along with WV for the last few years. A big bad cold & snowy winter would be helpfull, to double-power up the WV ski area back to its' former mecca as a ski racing event place.

Any ski deals at WV.......check out www.waterville.com.....

It's about a one hour drive from the lakes region to WV so what with all the ski area choices, WV's two-fer Mondays and Fridays are probably one of the better WV ski deals. It lowers a ticket from 68-dollars down to 34-dollars on Monday & Friday slopes that are much less busy than the weekend. In 1993, WV had about 300,000 skiers, and in 2009 WV had about 170,000 skiers.

Whether a day on the slopes is ever ever worth paying the full 68-dollars is an open question?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-12-2010 at 11:11 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
Shore Driver

FLL, that's good news. WV has been neglected and badly needs to keep up with it's longtime competitor, Loon. Local ownership is a good thing.

If they can expand terrain that would help. Probably means the end of the twofers if they do expand
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #6
no-engine

I've skiid WV for years since late 1960's; I've had passes where if they counted, they lost significant money on me - maybe 80 days a season.
They did offer a variety of different passes: Ski-93, and other groups.
It's far too pricey now, regardless of weekday. When I was turning 50, I anticipated discounts, but they were changed to 55, 60, 65, and still nothing except maybe 70, but I am not 70.

Oh well, also there used to be discounts for purchasing tickets off premises, but I have no clue if that happens.

Maybe the Sununu family leaders will create discount programs.

However, personally, I have had so much great skiing in my life, and have been at WV on fantastic weather days with never a wait in line, meaning 4-5 or more round trips an hour. I am very discouraged with the lack of courtesy on the slopes, I'd rather x-c ski on the unused rail tracks. I call the slope activity "road rage" but on slopes. My 2¢ about downhill skiing.
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:30 PM   #7
fatlazyless

An 84 year old who I know who still skis, has told me that Waterville offers a fulltime season pass to anyone, eighty years old +up for just 25-dollars. How about that!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:10 AM   #8
summersux

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-engine View Post

Oh well, also there used to be discounts for purchasing tickets off premises, but I have no clue if that happens.
Hahaha I forgot all about that, I use to sell those tix at the shop I worked at in Campton. What a pain in the butt, I'm a ski tech not a tix sales person.
People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
--Buddha
summersux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
An 84 year old who I know who still skis, has told me that Waterville offers a fulltime season pass to anyone, eighty years old +up for just 25-dollars. How about that!
I met an over 80, and thought he said free pass. This fellow lives in Campton/Thornton.
Maybe $25 covers paperwork for the tag? Oh well - certainly minimal.
I still do not like the "road" rage exhibited by thoughtless ones.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #10
fatlazyless

Default 2010-2011 Waterville Valley prices

Just checked the prices at www.waterville.com and here they is:

$739 Threedom Limited Edition Pass (no Saturdays, no holidays, not sure about Sundays)

$69 Adult one day rate - all lifts

Monday & Friday are twofer days which means 2/$69, and probably starts on Monday, January 3

OUCHEY OUCH OUCH OUCH........expensive......my.....my......my!

That totally free for cross country skiing, double tracked and groomed 2.3 mile section of the Livermore Rd, starting at Depot Camp (parking) is looking better and better. A lot of people know about it and use it, despite there being absolutely no signs what-so-ever to indicate it even exists as a no-charge, free xc use area. For example, do not expect to see any signs that say "Free XC Ski Trail."

If you do a web search you might be able to find the reason tucked away in the U.S Forest Service, White Mountain National Forest section on Waterville Valley. It's got to do with the Livermore Rd being a dual purpose ski area, cross country trail plus a link to a number of hiking trails and an integral section to the groomed WV $14/day(last year's price) cross country system. Believe me, if there was a way for the WV cross country system to be able to get away with not grooming it, then they would not groom it, but they can't, so they do! It's been this way for an unknown number of years.....like maybe ten or more.....a commercial interest working together under the administrative thumb of the U. S. Forest Service......way-to-go.......U.S. Forest Service thumb!

All sorts of local people from Campton, Thornton, Plymouth, Rumney, Wentworth & Woodstock show up on weekdays because the price for the Depot Camp parking lot and Livermore Rd cross country skiing on a beautifull groomed trail is free. Lots of old wood cross country skis and old woolen knickers on 60 and 70-something skiers. Even maybe an 80-something or two; great grandma and great grandpa out on their woodies & in their woolies along with Barney the Basset Hound.......aaarrrrrroooos!

A WMNF parking pass is needed, otherwise it is three bucks to park, and you can get pinched for $75 if the Forest Service cop catches you without a $20 pass attached to the windshield or a $3 day ticket on top of your dashboard.
For 80 year olds, the WV down hill ski pass has been free except for the $25 to cover administrative costs or something plus a photo ID? Now, what with Gov Sununu in charge, ("it's not a tax, it's a fee!") he'll probably be upping the price for the 80 year olds, no doubt. I have no clue?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-16-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
Lucy Goose

Default Let's start over

Not trying to be rude but this conversation has turned into nothing but Waterville. I am trying to find out what discounts we get at what mountains for living in Carroll County. I know Brettonwoods offers one but wondering if there are others.

Thanks,

Lucy Goose
Old 10-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #12
CL 240 LS

Belknap County residents get a deal at Gunstock. I do not know of any deals for Carrol County other than already mentioned Sunday afternoons at Bretton Woods. The best deals are season passes that are discounted for early season purchase. These usually end around mid October. Check with each area and ask, they might make a deal.

Ski NH.com has some deal worth looking into.
CL 240 LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #13
HUH

Default Gunstock pass

No more Belknap resident deals..you get a good deal if you buy early, thats it. We got our season passes for 349
HUH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #14
no-engine

Many areas offer 2-1 and such on certain days of the week, but I do not remember: Gunstock, Wildcat, Canon, Loon, and so on.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #15
AllAbourdon

Liftopia usually has some good deals on day passes.

http://www.liftopia.com/
AllAbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:44 AM   #16
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAbourdon View Post
Liftopia usually has some good deals on day passes.

http://www.liftopia.com/

That's kinda interesting....thanks for the link...clicked to WV....which has twofer Mondays & Fridays at about 34.50/person as a day ticket full price is 69.

So, with that two-fer deal in mind, the WV-liftopia has all Mon & Fri shown as 'out of stock - check back later,' and Tues =35.99, Wed = 36.99, & Thurs = 34.99.

So's at Waterville Valley on Mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs-Fri, the list, pay-at-the-ticket-window price is $69, and the two-fer and liftopia price is either 34.50 or 35.99 or 36.99.

No matter what price you pay to ski WV, the main quad chairlift stops about 400 yards below the summit. From 1987-1996 the lift went all the way to the top, and then some ski marketing brainiac working for the then new owner, Booth Creek, decided to lower the lift in an effort to avoid having to close the lift due to high winds. Talk about a MAJOR BLUNDER! What a major blunder that was, and WV is still losing business due to that. First-timers get off the lift up top, and they say; "Hey, what's with this, the summit is up there, and we are down here, and why don't the lift go all the way to the top? Like, why stop the lift here....and we just paid sixty nine dollars for this....and on a crowded Saturday.......the tops up there.....and we is down here! aaarrrgggg!"

In 1993, WV had a little over 300,000 skier visits, and in 2010 it had about 170,000 skier visits. Does that qualify as a major blunder or what?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-25-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:07 AM   #17
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Okay I know it's a little early for this but I guess because we just put our boat away I am gearing up for the skiing. We just bought a house here in Melvin this past April. I know that Carroll County gets discounts on lift tickets. Can someone tell me where and also how you go about purchasing them? Need a license with your address or what?

Thanks in advance.

Lucy Goose
Lucy do you live in Melvin Village fulltime (driver's license)? I am not sure if they accept tax bills.

Does anyone know what "resident" mean?
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:01 AM   #18
fatlazyless

Ski injuries: probably no discounts available. While not about local NH skiing discounts, the prospects of a down hill ski injury is probably something for still-skiing baby boomers to consider.

Are there any discounts for medical services related to ski injuries?

Just watching the black & red, Waterville Valley www.wvpublicsafety.com/ems.htm diesel powered town ambulance, go back & forth between the WV ski area, www.waterville.com and the Speare Memorial Hospital www.spearehospital.com/emergency.html emergency room in Plymouth, about 25-miles away could get one to think that skiing is definately good for local medical businesses such as, www.thealpineclinic.com and others.

As most everyone knows, when down hill skiing one sits on a chairlift for aproximately 10-15 minutes which lets all the muscles in the legs-hips-back areas get just a little bit cold and stiff before getting off at the top. At this point I probably do not need to say much more, as most everybody has already heard the drills for stretching and warming up before taking the downhill plunge which can put hugh leverage on various leg-hip-knee-lower back areas of the human skier anatomy............schuuuuuussss.....straight to the ever-busy Ski Patrol first aid building....ambulance loading area....down below the base lodge....and a five hundred dollar(?) ride to the emergency room.......ouch !

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-29-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #19
jr616

FROM Gunstock's Website:

Belknap County Residents

Gunstock offers a special deal on Tuesdays to our neighbors in Belknap County. Join the Belknap County Club and ski all day Tuesday for just $25. And that's every Tuesday during the season - no blackout dates. The Belknap County club card is available in the Season Pass Center. Proof of residency is required.
jr616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #20
fatlazyless

Default ....Team Sununu blow'n snow!

Hey....well.....golly gee willikers...there's at least six snow guns that I can see..... all blow'n snow up top on Waterville Valley - High Country......temp down here is about 32....so temp up there could be about 22-degrees....November 2 and the new Team Sununu is out blow'n snow.....how about that....!!! This probably would not be happening with the old Booth Creek numbers-cruncher from California in charge.

Running a ski area; it's better to run it with your heart, just like Tommy Corcoran used to do, 1966-1994, and not so much with your head, like Booth Creek used to do! Way-to go: Team Sununu!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-02-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #21
Chubbs

Default Get out and vote

Today is our chance to take back our country. Let's all get to the polls and make our founding fathers proud. Thanks
Chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #22
Daffodilly

Last year Bretton Woods offered Sunday afternoons for $15 per person...a fantastic deal hopefully they will do the same this year too!
Daffodilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:35 AM   #23
fatlazyless

Www.gunstock.com has a big ad in today's LaDaSun: Season Pass - $499 for adults ages 18-64, offer expires Nov 7, pays for itself in 7.2 visits, 293-4341

Choices, choices, choices; one can either buy a season pass, or just go ala cart and cherry pick individual days at different areas looking for two-fers and deals such as the March 17-St Patty's Day $17 day, or April 1, one dollar day at WV.

What's out there for now?

Gunstock-(293-4341)-Tuesdays-Belknap County Residents- $25

Bretton Woods-Sunday afternoons-$15

Cannon-Tuesdays & Thursdays- 2/$67, Wednesdays-$35-New Hampshire residents

Waterville Valley- Mondays & Fridays- 2/$69

Where are the deals for Loon, Wildcat, Cranmore, Attitash, & Tenney?

...And, if anyone is looking for tennis, the www.gilfordhills.com (cannot get their website to work much at all.....seems pretty useless?) is not too far from Gunstock and has four indoor courts. Tennis and skiing seem to go together, just because skiing starts with an 's', and tennis starts with a 't'. ........so's this here winter it could be TS! .......

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-05-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #24
Shore Driver

FLL, thanks for posting this.

As for the other ski areas mentioned:

Loon does not do deals from what I've seen. They might have a multi-day discount if you buy online in advance.
Wildcat's deals went away since they got bought by Peaks Resorts a few weeks ago and the word is, they will upgrade snowmaking aggressively. They are offering a Wildcat-Attitash-Crotched pass this year.
Attitash seems to only offer spring deals.
Cranmore just pumped $6 million into the resort on improvements, so deals will be hard to come by there.
And Tenney, from what I've heard, is no longer an operating ski area and is headed for the NELSAP list.
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #25
fatlazyless

Hey, here's something a little bit interesting. Up on top of Waterville Valley; the new owners, Team Sununu had been running the snow guns up top on High Country for the nights of November 1,2 & 3 and everything was looking very snowy and white up there.

Unfortunately, if you take a look-see at the Mt Tecumseh weather station and web cam, www.thereycenter.org, you can see that almost all, about 95%, of the newly made artificial sno-gun snow got melted and washed away by all the recent rain and warm temperatures.

Too bad, Team Sununu......but your efforts are very much appreciated.....and hopefully you will soon get out there again and fire up those snow guns ASAP-PDQ! ...gotta keep that sno-gun faith alive! ..

No, wait.....oopsie-doopsie.....I made a mistake here.......and I take it all back.....in look'n at the mountain in the light of day thru the binoculars....it is very plain to see that a big percentage of the snow survived thru the last two days of warm rainy weather....so how about that? ....it just must be that this snow is Sununu Snow....constructed STRICTLY upon the principles of conservative Republican values.....this here Republican snow is snow that does not melt or fade away when exposed to adversity...... regardless the warmth & rain..... this is Sununu Snow!!!

So, look'n at the camshot, that chairlift tower probably belongs to the Sunnyside slopes ....and not the High Country slopes....or something like that.......oh well.....what the heck do I know anyway????

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-06-2010 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #26
no-engine

Default High country!!!!!!!!

And this is why originally there was a separate chair for "high country".
Much colder up there. So, no fusses about main lift ending short of summit.
There used to be ski patrol hut and things at that point.
Tom and original partners did it VERY WELL!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #27
fatlazyless

Depends on what you call doing very well....Tom & partners did a terrific job in running the downhill ski area which he loved....but ended up losing the mountain in a 1994 Bankruptcy court case when their Golden Eagle condo hotel www.goldeneaglelodge.com drained them dry of available cash. They made a business decision to go through bankruptcy court and to lose the ski mountain, use that cash to satisfy their construction-bankruptcy-plaintiffs, and keep the real estate office and a large number of undeveloped WV residential lots...and that biz is alive and doing very well today... www.wvnh.com. Just like the recent happenings at General Motors, Chrysler, AIG, Bank of America, Citi; the 1993-WV ski business definately could have used a similar bailout for about a year or two to keep it going during that real estate burst bubble.

Just read that www.gunstocknordic.com now has snowmaking on their x-c ski trails. "Snowmaking was recently installed on the trails, ensuring consistent skiing conditions throughout the winter." (LaDaSun, Nov 6) Snowmaking on cross country ski trails.....?......that's what it says tucked away in a brief article on page 22 of today's LaDaSun.......I will believe that one when I can ski on it and actually see all thy snow-making equipment making snow....As everyone knows....talk is cheap....

Waterville Valley has a large cross country ski trail network of about 100-km, and has no snowmaking what-so-ever. Last winter, the majority, something like 90%, of the trails were closed from about January 10 thru April due to lack of snow and warm temperatures. December 15 thru January 10 had good snow coverage on the trails, but then it all got rained away.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:34 AM   #28
fatlazyless

Last night it got down to about 25-degrees, cold enough for making snow, but nothing doing up on Waterville Valley High Country yet. So's on November 1,2,3; it was ..... let's make that snow, .....and now on November 14....it's .... we better wait before we start mak'n any more snow. So, all the snow that's left from Nov 1-2-3 is just a High Country skinny line of white, clinging to the slope's edge, up in the shadows of the pine trees.....no surprise considering all the rain, rain & more rain.... 50-60 degree temps and sunshine of the past eleven days.....come on winter....bring on the snow.....at least....let's bring on the cold!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-15-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #29
fatlazyless

hey....lookie there....look'n thru the binoculars....I can see a big tall, heavy guy in a brite turquoise parka running around and positioning the snow-guns up on High Country.....ho-ho-ho....must be Big Johnny Boy Sununu....getting that snow out onto the High Country trail because the snow-guns are all making snow up top. First time for that since the night of Nov 3-4.

Anyway, the Curious George weather cam says right now that up at its' 3800' elevation the temp is 24.9, the wind is 14.3, and I forgot to write down the barometric pressure. Down here in the valley at about 1800'. the temp is about 38-degrees.

So's all you skiers & riders, just keep your fingers and legs crossed and pray for the WV-High Country to get open on its' scheduled Nov 20 - Saturday opening day!!! Who knows....seems like it might just happen.....and that would be a big surprise?

And, if the mountain is closed, the WV ice arena now has ice and should be open on Nov 20 too, although it will be minus the big PSU Black Panther positioned at center ice, who has moved 20-miles down to the new ice arena at Plymouth State.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #30
fatlazyless

...ok...here's the latest...

Friday November 26: 5 - 6:30 pm, Waterville Valley Conference Center

Delicious Food - Drinks- Live Entertainment.....courtesy of the new Waterville Valley Ski Area....which also owns the Conference Center......(that means free richie-rich Republican food...my two most favorite words....free food)...gotta love these big-money Republicans when it comes to jump-starting a ski area business that is long long with future potential growth...

and the entire public....EVERYBODY....is invited to this season opener Conference Center Extravaganza-Soiree with two live bands which probably can hold maybe 300 or 400 or 500? people at one time or so.....you never know....better get there at five just in case the food runs out?

www.waterville.com

Friday November 26 is the scheduled opening day for the ski area too, from their website, so who knows, maybe they can get the North Side lift with Tippiecanoe Slope open by then...?

....pssstttt spread the word...!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-20-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #31
Lucy Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Lucy do you live in Melvin Village fulltime (driver's license)? I am not sure if they accept tax bills.

Does anyone know what "resident" mean?
Yes my drivers license is Melvin.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #32
fatlazyless

Default Where are all the downhill skiers?

19 empty chairs, four-seater chairs on the main WV quad lift, just chugged past all empty, as I counted them on channel 58. Channel 61, the Tennis Channel, was showing an old match between Franchesca Sciavoni (Italy) and Eileena Dementieva (Russia), and during an advertisement I switched over to the channel 58 WV chairlift view just to take a gander.

WHERE ARE ALL THE DOWNHILL SKIERS? Hello out there, skiers and snow-boarders, where are you? Today is Monday, December 20, 2010, and an adult lift ticket at Waterville Valley costs $69, and the www.waterville.com has something like 27 out of its' 52 trails open with totally man-made snow. Where is everybody?

Down at the sporty little 9-hole golf course, about two miles away from the ski area, the grass is no longer bright green, having turned to a medium green, and it must resemble what it would normally be like at a golf course in Delaware or Maryland, this time of year. Anyone for playing a game of golf today at the Waterville Valley golf course? While the greens are all roped off, there is absolutely zero snow on the fairways or in the woods, and one could get in a pretty fair game of golf for free what with nobody home at the golf pro-shop to stop you.

Ok....ok....ok.....I know.....it's still way to early to be saying goodbye to skiing and welcome back to golf....since after all....it's only December 20....but not having any natural snow here is just downright un-natural considering that WV normally has had a natural snow cover on the ground here from Nov 8 to April 5 going back to 1987.

How about tennis? Both Ashland and Meredith still have two nets up and very playable courts, last time I looked about one week ago? ..

Here is a real ski discount deal for tomorrow Tuesday, December 21!

Twenty Seven Dollar, one day WV ski deal for Tuesday December 21....ski all day at WV for $27.....here's the deal.....go to the website, www.waterville.com and copy their Twitter page with the Boston Patriots one day $27 deal....and bring that to the ticket office at the mountain. You can call 603-236-4144 and talk to a real person, their ski area operator, after the recorded message to verify this if you do not believe it, but it's true!

Today, they have 27 out of 52 trails open and I hear that trail conditions are icy and scratchy and not very good, so best time to ski is early in the morning, if at all! Probably, you got to be a hard core skier-rider to want to ski this icy stuff, but what the heck!

Hey, maybe pack along the golf clubs, just in case as a back-up and go do some practice on the still green www.wvnh.com/golf.php ?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-20-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #33
fatlazyless

Thought I'd bring this thread back up top because today, Monday January 3, is the first day of this season for the New Hampshire ski area's reduced midweek prices. From my memory as I recall, it is only Loon Mountain which has NO reduced pricing. Every other area; Waterville, Gunstock, Cannon, Wildcat, Cranmore and even the sophisticated and talented Attitash and Bretton Woods all have some lower priced deals going on. However, you can not expect the ski area to be too up front about the deals. They keep it a little bit of a secret and one can show up at the ticket window and pay the full $65 to 75-price on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, and the ski area will be very happy to take the money without letting you know about an existing deal that has the same ticket sold for one half the price. So, it pays to hunt around for a better Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday-Friday ticket price.

What the heck, the ski lift can be closed all day due to high winds, but once you pays for that lift ticket there ain't NO refunds so it's best to check to see that the lift is actually running first and pay later if it is a windy day. Here at Waterville Valley, the ticker window is protected with thick bullet proof glass which has a small electric powered speaking intercom in the center of the window, and you slide your money through the little space below the glass.

It takes about two seconds to figure out why the ski area have two sets of pricing for midweek and for weekends. Weekends; the ski areas are busy regardless of conditions, and midweek; they are more or less deserted regardless of conditions.

And don't forget: Waterville Valley has that scenic and popular 4.5-km Livermore Rd cross country ski trail that has been designated a "multiple use public access trail" by the U S Forest Service, which makes it a NO FEE trail. Read all about it in the other thread down in winter sports.

Is there currently enough natural snow on the very, very, very ( & I mean very smooth) smooth Livermore Rd for it to be groomed with double tracks and skating in-between right now? A good question and I do not know what with the recent Saturday night rain that washed away what little snow that was there? Prior to the Saturday night rain, the north end of Waterville Valley had received about 5-inches of dry snow a couple days earlier, or something like that?
Here's the latest: xc ski trails are CLOSED due to washed away icy snow surfaces which are ok for walking but are no good for xc skiing.

Some very good news: The WV Nordic Center in their wisdom has put up some very attractive and informative signs down at the Depot Camp-Livermore Rd three-dollar parking lot that announces to the world that the Livermore Rd and Tripoli Rd are indeed NO FEE xc ski trails. This is a first and has never happened before. In the past, this info was always kept a big hush-hush secret and it was all made pretty confusing with signs and non-signs, but now there are highly informative, well designed signs with detailed maps and easy-to-read informative signs!

Is this part of the new Waterville Valley? Let's hope so!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-03-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #34
beaner

Talking Cranmore Sunday afternoon "local" special - $25 lift tix

Quote:
Not trying to be rude but this conversation has turned into nothing but Waterville. I am trying to find out what discounts we get at what mountains for living in Carroll County. I know Brettonwoods offers one but wondering if there are others.

Thanks,

Lucy Goose
Hey Lucy, I just learned that the new owners of Cranmore are offering $25 lift tickets on Sunday afternoons to residents of Carroll, Coos and Oxford (ME) counties. Bring a photo ID. I skied there yesterday afternoon for the first time and will definitely go back again. There's more info on their web site, including specials and information about recent improvements to the property:http://www.cranmore.com
Old 02-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #35
beaner

Thumbs up $14 lift tix @ Cranmore on Valentines' Day

Cranmore is offering $14 lift tickets for Valentines' Day. Their web site says advance purchase is necessary. http://www.cranmore.com
Old 02-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #36
no-engine

I recently saw on Meredith's M'd sign: ski discounts!

I hate all M'D's but have a look, FYI.

I have skied anywhere from 1/year only one year to 60 days/year for 50 years (started real young) and I am quitting: to many obnoxious skiers, like road rage on highways, among my other issues, and the overall cost to ski.

I'll x-c ski or snow shoe!
Old 02-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #37
SIKSUKR

You need to find another ski area and learn how to ski faster than those guys.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:27 AM   #38
fatlazyless

Today, Wednesday, February 16 is twenty dollar-Facebook Wednesday today at www.waterville.com ...so it costs 20-dollars today? This seems to be a new Wednesday promotion to get more people to come to WV as the old price was $69 for Wednesdays and Thursdays, too.

Maybe Waterville should start calling itself the Wal-Mart of Skiing, or Wal-Mart Waterville....or something...where you can go skiing for less.....and prices are falling!

Saturday & Sunday - $69

Monday - $34.50

Tuesday - $10 to 32 depending on the temperature

Wednesday - $20 -facebook

Thursday - $69 BMW & Mercedes Thursday, because the parking lots have mostly folks with the big money and many many empty parking spots.

Friday - $34.50

"WV-GO SKIING for LESS!" could become their new bumper sticker and it would replace "LOVE WV" ... stay tuned? ....or how about "Mt Sununu-Prices r Fall'n!"

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-16-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #39
Ridgefarmer63

Default Feb Vac week deals?

Shot in the dark here...Anyone know of any discount tic's available during the kids vaca week? Feb 21-25.

Thanks.
Ridgefarmer63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #40
Zeke

I use the web site Liftopia to buy tickets. Not all ski areas use the site, but if you know your going skiing somewhere, it's worth a look. Only downside, you have to pick a day, you have to buy a least a day in advance, and no refunds if you don't go. But if I'm going where I don't have a pass, and I know it's certain I'm going, I book with them the day before. I've also noticed that they sometimes have better prices the farther out you book.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeke For This Useful Post:
Ridgefarmer63 (02-18-2011)
Old 03-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #41
fatlazyless

Default $19 reduced down to ten dollars

Hey, here's a price reduction for cross country skiing at Waterville Valley. The www.waterville.com 75 kilometers of groomed-double tracked cross country ski trails price has been reduced down from nineteen to ten dollars on the weekdays for the rest of the season. Saturday-Sunday continues to cost $19. Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday-Friday now costs ten dollars.

Today, Wednesday March 9 is a big manufactorers demo day at WV cross country.

So.......where have all the cross country skiers gone.....what happened.....has everyone switched over to playing 'go fish' and checkers, and wearing depenz?

It sure seems like the number of people out using the cross country trails at WV have become an endangered species because it is pretty much a standard operating procedure for the xc trails to be very underused and empty of skiers and the 75-k trail system is still a terrific facility.

O.....where have all the cross country skiers gone.....long time passing.....where have all the cross country skiers gone ....from long ago...seems like it was just yesterday that all the trails were so full....but that was yesterday....and yesterday is gone.....so where have all the cross country skiers gone....anybody know?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #42
SIKSUKR

Waterville's alpine tickets are now $25 on Wednesday and Thursday.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #43
CL 240 LS

Wildcat has $35 Fridays in March, also $17 on the 17th, St Patrick's Day.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:45 AM   #44
CL 240 LS

Just a reminder
Wildcat has $17 ticket for tomorrow! Good conditions, 100% open along with good weather forecast for tomorrow. Perhaps a little more snow today! Friday will have $35 tickets also.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #45
fatlazyless

Default One Buck - No Fool'n!

Just one dollar to go skiing today at WV, and a lot of people are showing up, mostly snowboarders, snow storm or no snow storm; probably local kids who had their school day cancelled. It just started snowing at about 6-am so there hasn't been very much snow yet and with a temp of 30, who knows what's gonna happen; rain, snow, or a wintry precipitate mix. It's not too late to grab that board and go hit the mountain for just one buck! Tomorrow, Saturday, the same WV ride will cost you $69 plus the mountain will probably get mobbed with wealthy Bostonians arriving in their BMW's and Range Rover's who think it's perfectly ok to ski right over your skis while in the lift line.....good grief!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #46
winniboy

Default Wv

Temperature tuesdays
winniboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #47
Lakegeezer

Cannon Mountain is "Two-Fer" for the rest of the season. $67 for two tickets till April 17'th, or $33.50 a piece. Just yell "single" when in the ticket line if there yourself.
http://www.cannonmt.com/snowreport.html
Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #48
fatlazyless

Just one dollar to ski the mountain on Friday, April 8 @ www.waterville.com!

Sunday, April 10 is probably the last day of the season. There's lots and lots of snow still on the trails and especially on the snowboard fun-run on Exhibition Trail but the ski season just seems to run out of paying customers way before it runs out of snow on the trails. It snowed here about 2-4" on Monday, April 4, before changing over to rain and turning into a slushy yucky mess.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #49
fatlazyless

Default One dollar - wv - friday

This is such a bargain deal that it's worth repeating it......just one dollar to ski the entire mountain....Friday, April 8, at www.waterville.com.

Monday and Tuesday saw about 4 inches of new snow and the ski area has lots of snow still on a lot of trails.

Could be the best one dollar bargain you ever spent.....unless you break your leg or something....which would not be a good thing....but considering the weather forcast it should be getting a big turnout of snow, ski & sun worshippers!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #50
byronmackelroy

Default Belknap County Deal and Lodging

I was going to bring up the Belknap county discount, but it looks like everyone beat me to the punch. It is a great deal for Gunstock tickets though, especially if you buy them super early.

If you have any friends or family that visit from time to time and want to ski with you I know that Steele Hill offers some serious ski and stay packages and they are a great choice for Gunstock lodging.
byronmackelroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #51
SIKSUKR

Yup,they beat you by at least a year and a half.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #52
DustyR

Default Gunstock Belknap Tuesdays

Does anyone know what Gunstock requires for proof of residency? I am a Florida resident but own property in Laconia. If I show my tax bill will that work? TIA.
DustyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #53
Chimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyR View Post
Does anyone know what Gunstock requires for proof of residency? I am a Florida resident but own property in Laconia. If I show my tax bill will that work? TIA.
I am almost certain that Gunstock eliminated the discount passes for Belknap County taxpayers. When they did offer the discount, all that was needed was a copy of a tax bill from a town in Belknap County. There was no residency requirement, only a requirement to be a taxpayer. But again, I don't think they offer it any more.
Chimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #54
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimi View Post
I am almost certain that Gunstock eliminated the discount passes for Belknap County taxpayers. When they did offer the discount, all that was needed was a copy of a tax bill from a town in Belknap County. There was no residency requirement, only a requirement to be a taxpayer. But again, I don't think they offer it any more.
They still show the Tuesday discount that was asked about:
Quote:
Belknap County Club Tuesday: $25 Prime Time lift tickets for Belknap County Residents. Proof of residency is required.
http://www.gunstock.com/winter/tickets/

The former season pass discount for residents is no longer offered except for age 70+.

Suggest a call to Gunstock to get an official answer as to what proof is required.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #55
fatlazyless

www.liftopia.com .... has anyone here purchased a discounted, one day NH ski lift ticket through liftopia and were you happy with this service? Apparently, you pay online at least one day in advance at a deep discount, and then pick up your lift ticket at the ski area ticket window on the specified day ..... does this seem illogical or something....but then again like who cares....if it works, then it works?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #56
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default ski discount websites

Liftopia is popular in the Rockies. The site been around for years. I have yet to use it when I ski on the east coast.

Skinh.com is another website that will post discounts. You can also check the resorts websites as well as chamber of commerce websites for additional discounts. I never pay full price!

It is actually cheaper for me to ski out West, the mountains are huge and with discount tickets, you get more bang for the buck.

I use to ski Gunstock since I was four. When they did away with the residence pass and jack the prices sky high, the mountain itself went from awesome experience to a bunny slope. You don't see to many regulars from years ago ski there. Bill promise us the moon and exciting things will happen. All I see was a 3 million dollar expansion of the beginner's quad and a zip line that does not turn me on. If they can bring back Fletcher Hale and the Precipice, maybe I will come back. Wildcat and Cannon remind me of Gunstock of the past. Today the only Gunstock rival is Bretton Woods as King of the bunny slopes.

Ragged Mountain has better value. Even Gunstock competitor for the Boston market, Wachusetts is a better value.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #57
Lakegeezer

Default Bretton Woods $12 on 12/12/12

If you like chilly skiing on 15 trails of loose granular, Bretton Woods has a $12 special on 12/12/12 (tomorrow). http://brettonwoods.com/specials/spe...ffers#12121212
Old 12-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #58
gf2020

I use Liftopia frequently. I've purchased tickets for Sunapee, Gunstock, Waterville and Cranmore in the past 2 years. No issues.
gf2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #59
SIKSUKR

Liftopia is totally legit FLL.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #60
HellRaZoR004

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Liftopia is totally legit FLL.
It works if you know you are going that day. They are not transferable to someone else and you cannot get a refund. Just something to keep in mind.
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #61
RLW

Smile Sorry for being late and changing subject

HellRaZoR004, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. I’m sorry for not noticing that you are a new member sooner. Enjoy the gang here and have a great Merry Christmas & a Happy New year.

HellRaZoR004 (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #62
RLW

Smile Just another great welcome

DustyR, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. Sorry for not noticing you joining the forum before this. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #63
fatlazyless

www.realconditions.com has some big internet discounts for Waterville Valley and other NH areas......anyone here ever use realconditions.com?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #64
gtagrip

Quote:
www.liftopia.com .... has anyone here purchased a discounted, one day NH ski lift ticket through liftopia and were you happy with this service? Apparently, you pay online at least one day in advance at a deep discount, and then pick up your lift ticket at the ski area ticket window on the specified day ..... does this seem illogical or something....but then again like who cares....if it works, then it works?
I have used it once for Wildcat. Skied on a Sunday for $27.99!
gtagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #65
fatlazyless

Default $20 - Ski WV - Tuesday, Jan 8

Could be a big turn-out day at Waterville what with some pretty decent conditions and some 31-high & partly cloudy Tuesday predictions; $20- ski WV, Tuesday-January 8, 2013, 9am - 4pm, www.waterville.com

Must be some other similar deals up at Cannon & Wildcat or somewhere? Cannon and Wildcat are mountains, while Waterville is pretty much just a big intermediate hill and at twenty dollars is not a bad deal. Reg price would be $63, except there's probably almost nobody who actually pays the full daily rate what with all the different deals out there..... ?

If anyone reading this has ever actually paid the full $63 price and is not a foreign ski-tourist from China or Venezuela or Massachusetts or some foreign country, then they must be too rich to know or care?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #66
fatlazyless

Default WV-ten dollars-Tuesday, Feb 5, 2013

....ski today at www.waterville.com all lifts, all-day for just ten dollars....10-dollars is the minimum price.....weather prediction says 5-degrees(?) ......... "temperature tuesday's"....Tuesday el cheapo promo day from now till end of season excluding the February vacation Tuesday, February 19 ($73.00).....maybe they should be paying people just to show up?

....say hey.....maybe I can ski all day for ten bucks and then get a refund at the end of the day for the Saturday price of $73 due to it being a little cold in this first week of February or something like that........like (D)uh!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #67
SIKSUKR

A lot of ski areas do have the FLL deal where you can ski for the first hour and get a ticket for another day for any reason.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #68
fatlazyless

Waterville Valley, NH - Yesterday's March 12 rainstorm closed about 25% of the trails for the rest of the season with the trail count going from 52 open trails down to 38.

Will the ski area go spend the big money and build a new chairlift and trails on the neighboring Green Peak area? Who knows but maybe those deep money connections of the Sununu's will go and get it done this year? The last trails addition was the Sunnyside Slopes in 1972 so for the last 40-years, building out the Green Peak has just been a lot of talk. So, will the big money be talking this construction year?
Old 03-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #69
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Waterville Valley, NH - Yesterday's March 12 rainstorm closed about 25% of the trails for the rest of the season with the trail count going from 52 open trails down to 38.

Will the ski area go spend the big money and build a new chairlift and trails on the neighboring Green Peak area? Who knows but maybe those deep money connections of the Sununu's will go and get it done this year? The last trails addition was the Sunnyside Slopes in 1972 so for the last 40-years, building out the Green Peak has just been a lot of talk. So, will the big money be talking this construction year?
WATERVILLE VALLEY, N.H. —The White Mountain National Forest is expected to release a decision in April on a major expansion of Waterville Valley ski area
It would be the first such expansion of the resort's terrain in 25 years.
Waterville Valley's Green Peak Expansion Project would increase beginner and intermediate terrain and glade skiing lower down the mountain along the driver's left of the access road and mean a new detachable quad chair connecting in the area near the Sunnyside Triple.
It would occur entirely on lands designated in the 750,000-acre forest's essential master plan, or its current "Forest Plan" for use as an alpine ski area, according to the Scoping Report prepared by the Forest Service's Eastern Region Winter Sports Team.
It's expected implementation date is June 2013.
The project was identified in the previously-approved master development plan of 1999.
Owned by Waterville Valley Holdings, LLC, Executive Councilor Chris Sununu and the Sununu family hold a majority share of the group, which purchased it a little more than two years ago from Booth Creek of California.
Last year was a particularly poor snow winter but this year is looking up.
The ski area operates under a special use permit of the forest which authorizes 3,010 acres, including Mount Tecumseh for alpine skiing and has another 2,154 permitted acres for Nordic skiing and mountain biking terrain.
The current special use permit for the ski area at Waterville Valley expires in 2050.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/escape-outside/M...#ixzz2NRLyD5h9
Old 04-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #70
fatlazyless

....well, the ice went out of the lake yesterday, but it is still a little cold to be working on your dock and boat ...... so.........say-hey......the www.waterville.com just got about one to two inches of icy snow last night, and it is about 33-degrees now......last two days of the season.....ski today for 43-dollars, on-line price, ....and probably for less on tomorrow, Sunday!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #71
BroadHopper

Default Bretton Woods

$29 for the rest of this season. Patriots Day is $17.76 plus a voucher for a free ticket good for the rest of the year. You can use it next season before Dec 31.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #72
fatlazyless

At Gunstock, is there a season pass, super low price deal for 60+ year old skiers, or for residents of Belknap County for 2014-2015? Like, what's the locals deal at Gunstock that doesn't get shown in their website?
Old 10-29-2014, 11:20 PM   #73
Misha888

Default Gunstock doesn't offer that . . .

any longer. There is a Sr discount, and free for those over a certain age or real minimum. There are no deals for the Belknap residents any more who put up the bond money for the wonderful zip line. Best deal is to purchase is in April, $429 (up from the previous years). Worth it if you ride/ski more than 10 times a year. Two'fer deals on Monday's, at least they have in the past.

I smell snow. ❄ ❄ ❄

Quote:
At Gunstock, is there a season pass, super low price deal for 60+ year old skiers, or for residents of Belknap County for 2014-2015? Like, what's the locals deal at Gunstock that doesn't get shown in their website?
Old 10-31-2014, 08:32 AM   #74
fatlazyless

...boo-hoo....that's too bad... I was thinking about joining the Gilford Hills Tennis club plus skiing Gunstock too and doing both tennis and skiing this winter but without the super Belknap County discount.....anymore ....it is totally out of the question! U-know if people want to go zip-lining why don't they get serious about it and just go sky-diving from a plane which doesn't require all those very expensive towers and cables running up and down the mountain ... for just a 60-second slide down the cable?

...so does that mean the Belknap County "local's" price has gone from $129 to $429 for residents to ski Gunstock on weekdays and Sunday....holidays excluded...or something....not too good?

...will have to stay cross country skiing on the five or so free miles of U.S. Forest Service multiple use trails that start at the Depot Camp parking lot in Waterville Valley, and shovel the snow off the public tennis courts for tennis. The trail leading up to Greeley Ponds got a serious rebuild this summer and is now basically a sand and gravel road so smooth and even, that it could be driv'n in a 1952 Buick ... except for the steel gate there.... yikes

....tennis raquets and skis....both made by Head.....wonder if they make a Swiss Army version of the "Head tennis-ski" ..... www.head.com ..... that can be used for both sports...on the cheap....something like an el cheapo showshoe design usable for both skiing the mountain, and wacking a tennis ball around the court .... hmmmmm? .... what-a-concept .... and then go hit the freebie public town courts and the freebie federal public trails...hopefully it makes a SCHUSS sound when it smacks a tennis ball.....SCHUSS.....made in Switzerland.....dont'a-u-know-it......yodell!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-02-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:24 PM   #75
bigdog

Default Gunstock Discounts

Misha888 & Fatlazyless....

According to the Gunstpock website, they're stil offering Belknap County Club Tuesday: $25 Prime Time lift tickets for Belknap County Residents. Proof of residency is required.
http://www.gunstock.com/winter/ticke....GErNjCOh.dpuf

See bottom of page under title: Ticket Specials and Deals:

I checked the site today, and this is still referencing the 2014-2015 season !
States 'Rates are valid through April 2015' !

Unless of course, they haven't updated their website with changes?

Bigdog
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #76
BroadHopper

Great if you are retired or have a seasonal business. So don't expect this deal to bust the gates.

The price for NASTAR racing has also gone up! In the past racers use to get a good discount for night skiing. It got to the point it is actually cheaper for us weekday warriors to head to Pat's Peak. Speaking of Pat's Peak, they have tons of discounts to put Gunstock to bed. So does Gunstock rival for the Boston, Conn. and RI markets, Wa Wa Wachusetts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post

According to the Gunstpock website, they're stil offering Belknap County Club Tuesday: $25 Prime Time lift tickets for Belknap County Residents. Proof of residency is required.

Bigdog
Old 11-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #77
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
. So does Gunstock rival for the Boston, Conn. and RI markets, Wa Wa Wachusetts!
I think it would be fair to say that Gunstock -- given its size/terrain -- indeed competes with Wachusett as well as Nashoba Valley for weekend business. Anyone living along the 495 belt could easily choose amongst the three for that caliber mountain/ terrain -- given ones location they are all between 1 to 2 hours drive. I think equally importantly, all three probably survive off night skiing, which requires a more local clientele (under an hours drive?).

Old 11-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #78
BroadHopper

Default Wachusetts

Actually got the college crowd from Worcester and Fitchburg. Night skiing is as busy if not busier than day skiing. The racing trail is definitely more challenging than what Gunrock has to offer. They hosted the professional women tour for years! Every year the mountain hosted the PSIA instructor training course with instructors from all over the world! Every 10 years I actually attend to keep up with the latest and greatest skiing as well as instructions. Wachusetts racing program is second to none. Many of the NASTAR top guns from New England graduate from the program. Many of the top racers on the masters program as well as the White Mountain Race League are graduates. I may be a Gunstock 'graduate', but I learn a lot more at Wachusetts. Gunstock should take advantage of the Crowley family success.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #79
fatlazyless

Default Tuesday, November 25 - ten dollars - WV

Not too sure about what's open....probably just a wet and soggy trail away up top on High Country....at www.waterville.com ....for their Tuesday super-duper deal .... and Saturday, Nov 22 was their opening day.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:25 AM   #80
fatlazyless

Default ...such a deal!

For the diehard cross country skier, WV got about one new inch of natural snow cover yesterday, what with the early 4" of snowfall that turned into a long day of rain. With temps at about 27 right now Sunday morning, it has froze pretty hard making for some decent(?) natural cover.

$20 gets you a WV cross-country ticket for a weekend day today, Sunday.

Almost free of charge: Having a $20, annual, White Mt Nat'l Forest parking sticker on the windshield, or purchasing a three dollar day pass from the self-serve post-in-the-ground Forest Service dispenser at the Waterville Valley Depot Camp parking lot, up at the north end of town puts you on the 5-miles or so of WMNF multiple use trails; Livermore Trail up about two miles to the bridge, Greeley Ponds Trail, and Tripoli Road. And, the Forest Service does actually check each car for payment on the weekends!

Typically this WMNF multiple use trails area; hiking, snow-shoing, or xc skiing gets a lot more people out on the trails than the meticulously groomed WV xc trails because it costs almost zero; u-need a parking sticker or day pass, as opposed to paying twenty dollars. .... such a deal!

And for $35, you can go ski the downhill mountain which today for the first time this ski season has one trail open from the top of the quad lift down to the base lodge. Downhill skiing is such an expensive sport!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #81
bigdog

Default such a deal !!!

Hey Fatlazyless or anyone else.....

Regarding the WMNF season X-Country skiiing pass at/near Waterville Valley....

Do you know if:

1. Where do I find info about season pass ? Internet Link please.
2. Do the offer a spcial pass fo rNH Residents?
3. Do they offer a special pass for seniors over 65 yrs old?

Thanks,
Bigdog
Old 12-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #82
fatlazyless

Suggest you google "nordic trail passes/waterville valley" and that should do it.

A WV day nordic ticket costs $20, and a season nordic pass costs $199. Or, do what half of Campton, Thornton, and Plymouth do ..... use the 5-6 miles of freebie xc trails ...ie USFS multiple use trails for $3/day/vehicle.... or $20/year/vehicle....that leave from the Depot Camp parking lot located in the north end of WV..... a good way to try it and see the groomed trails up-close before you spend the big money....plus you get a good view of the downhill ski area from about one-two miles away...

Suggest you google "white mountain national forest/depot camp cross country ski trails"
Old 12-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #83
fatlazyless

Default .....$13 WV skiing Tuesday, December 9

San Diego Chargers were held to just 13 points yesterday, so tomorrow the WV ski price is $13 ....... does that guarantee it will be snowing a big 13" of snowstorm to pile on some snow here....let's hope so.....go-snow-go!
Old 12-08-2014, 02:44 PM   #84
SIKSUKR

Maybe they have a minimum price cuz they say $14 for this Patriot Tuesday.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #85
Misha888

Thank you. I know about the terrific tuesday deal. I have a season pass, even those were discounted back in the day. Progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post

Bigdog
Old 12-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #86
fatlazyless

Correct score was 23-14,so's today it costs 14 and the minimum is 10 ..... it's time to hit the slopes.....at $14 with maybe one trail open all the way from top to bottom...it seems like $14 is about what it's worth....downhill skiing is soooooooo expensive!
Old 12-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #87
bigdog

Default Forum Members Ski Day

Would Forum members be interested in a day trip for skiing together as a group during the season?

Was thinking of maybe a weekday, as I don't make a habit of skiing on weekends, to many crowds, and the prices are ridiculous !

Just a thought I'd throw out there...

Bigdog (but not so big)
Old 12-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #88
BroadHopper

Default Silver Streaks

http://www.waterville.com/season-lon...r-streaks.html

How many are interested in carpooling on Wednesdays for the NASTAR races and apres ski time for Silver Streaks? It's a lot of fun and a great way to meet fellow skiers. I'm usually one of the first on the slopes in the morning with one of the staff and usually done by 1 PM when the lunch crowd hits the slopes.

If we can get enough forum members together, we can ask for discount tickets.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #89
SIKSUKR

Quote:
.it seems like $14 is about what it's worth....downhill skiing is soooooooo expensive!
My daily cost last year was around $11 a day with buying a NH resident Cannon pass and skiing 50+ days.I'd call that FLL cheapo.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #90
fatlazyless

Default ..... $13 - Tuesday, Dec 16, 2014

As far as I can tell by looking at www.waterville.com , there's two ways to get from the top of the main quad down to the bottom of the main quad lift; 1) Oblivion and Valley Run, and 2) White Caps-Old Tecumseh-Lower Periphery ....and that's all there is .... just these two routes ....which do not start from the very top of the mountain either.

Regular weekday price for Mon-Wed-Thurs-Fri is now $65?, and the Tuesday-Dec 16 price is $13. Is it really $65 on M-W-Th-Fr .....hard-to-believe! ...... u-know at $13 for just two routes down.....I'm asking myself if it is worth the $13 or should I head over to the Depot Camp parking lot where there's about five miles of xc skiing on the WMNF multi-use trails that cost $3/day, or $20/year to park a car there?

Waterville Valley has a northeast exposure so's if you want to ski in the sunshine this time of year, best to get there early in the morning. Anyone skied WV recently?
Supposedly, the lift way up top, High Country, which is probably the slowest and one of the oldest, 1966, lifts in NH, will run today unless it is windy up there.

Come on sunshine!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-16-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #91
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
My daily cost last year was around $11 a day with buying a NH resident Cannon pass and skiing 50+ days.I'd call that FLL cheapo.
R u talk'n bout the $399, Bold & Beautifull Cannon pass that's good for Mondays-Fridays?
Old 12-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #92
SIKSUKR

Quote:
R u talk'n bout the $399, Bold & Beautifull Cannon pass that's good for Mondays-Fridays?
Nope,fulltime NH resident adult. Before the Dec 15th deadline. That price is gone now. I paid $599 last May AND received 2 anytime tickets also so the price effectively was $148 less(2 tiks@ 74).
Old 12-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #93
BroadHopper

Default Cannon NH Seniors

I just notice NH Seniors pay for a season pass. I can recall my Dad and his buddies were skiing free when they were seniors back in the days.

Guess I will have to wait until I am 70 to ski free at Gunrock.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #94
SIKSUKR

Thats new to me also. Not long ago they had free when you showed your ID at the window but you could buy a season pass for $50.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #95
bigdog

Default Waterville Valley - X-Country Skiing Livermore Rd.

To Fatlazyless or any other Forum members who know?

That x-country trail at Livermore Rd (Camp parking lot)... How do I get to this location from the RT 49 road which leads to WV ski area from RT 93.

Can you please provide directions....

Thanks
Bigdog
Old 12-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #96
bigdog

Found X-Country Livermore trail at Waterville Valley !
Found the Livemore trail at Waterville Valley today.
I asked the folks at WV Nordic center about the Livermore trail, and they provided me a map, and proceeded to give me a ticket for the WV daily trail fee charge. When I said I was just inspecting the trails, they gave me a trail map and directions to Camp parking lot.

Easiest way to find off RT.49 as follows:
Take Rt 49. almost into Waterville Valley restort, but take a left onto Tripoli Rd., then drive about 1 mile, and bear right at a fork in road.

After you bear right, this will take you over a 1 lane bridge over a river.
The National Forest parking lot (Camp lot), will be directly in front of you.
Pay your $3 for parking for the day and enjoy the trails !
(I actually didn't ski today, and was more of a recon mission).

Trails today were a little thin and icy, but there were many folks out there enjoying the scenery and X-Country skiing.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #97
fatlazyless

Close to the WMNF Depot Camp parking lot, located on the north side of town in Waterville Valley; three different trails are all free to use as cross-country skiing, hiking, snowshoeing, and probably even bicycle riding. These three trails; Livermore Rd Trail, Greeley Ponds Rd Trail, and Tripoli Rd trail are all designated multiple use trails by the US Forest Service-WMNF and total about five or six miles total in length. They are so close to the Waterville Nordic trails that the Waterville groomer travels down the Livermore and Tripoli trails and apparently will lower its groomer device and groom the trails which was not the case in the past. It's a little bit confusing but there's some signs posted around the Depot Camp parking lot for the un-informed. And, it costs either three dollars/vehicle/day or $20/vehicle/year to park with no additional charge for these three trails.

The Waterville Valley Nordic trails system usually costs $20/day for a single day, cross country skiing ticket and they also offer fat wheel, guided tour, mountain bicycle riding on their Nordic trails system which is something new where you ride these fat wheel-low air pressure bicycles on the cross country ski trails. With this winter's shortage of natural snow, riding a fat wheel bicycle across the thin snow and grassy-dirt ski trails is becoming more popular. For many years, the cross country trails have been used for mountain biking in the summer, so's using a fat wheel-low air pressure bike is now a doable winter use
bigdog (12-31-2014)
Old 01-04-2015, 11:33 AM   #98
BroadHopper

Default Meredith Village Savings Bank

Just announced 30% discounts on WV day passes. No blackouts or restrictions. Just visit any of the bank offices.

Bank customers receive 50% discount at WV resort if they use their MSVB debit card for purchase!
Old 01-04-2015, 05:45 PM   #99
bigdog

Default Watervile Valey Ski Passes

Thaniks BroadHopper,
Regarding the discount being offered at WV if using the Meredith Village Saving Bank debit card.
I'm a member of MVSB, but don't have a Debit card, but will have one by EOD Monday !

Here's more on Waterville Valley ski passes.......
WV Calendar for January if you purchase your tickets online over the Internet:
http://waterville.ltibooking.com/pro...ey-1-Day-Lift-
Tickets.htm#01-2015

Tickets purchased online are limitied for each day, first com, first served.

Enjoy !
Old 01-05-2015, 08:48 AM   #100
fatlazyless

Default WV-$17-Tuesday, Jan 6

Tomorrow, Tuesday, Jan 6, at www.waterville.com, it costs $17 to ski becuz 17-points is all that other football team got, even though the Pats lost the game by 16-17 or something.....who cares....but the lift tix is $17.

One week ago, on Tuesday, December 30, 2014, the same ticket would have cost $75, and the conditions were much worse than today for $17, plus there was way more skiers on the slopes.....such a deal.....and 10-degrees cold today too!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-06-2015 at 11:47 AM.