Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-29-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
OCDACTIVE

Default Donzi Run 7/31/2010

I haven't seen any threads about the Donzi Poker Run this weekend. Better late then never... I will definately be there.. Who else?

This is my first year and I hear it is a Blast! I also hear they have a helocopter for photos! That should be sweet..

Anyone have any good stories or info?
trfour (07-29-2010)
Old 07-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

I am hoping to head out into the broads and have a nice lunch and do a little spectating....
Old 07-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking Poker Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
I haven't seen any threads about the Donzi Poker Run this weekend. Better late then never... I will definitely be there.. Who else?

Anyone have any good stories or info?
Sorry OCD, I beat you to it. Annual Donzi Poker Run
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
OCDACTIVE

Default oooop sorry RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
Sorry OCD, I beat you to it. Annual Donzi Poker Run
Oh sorry RG.. I didn't see one when I did a quick look.. Sorry for the hijack..

See you Saturday.. I was told the group should be in the Broads area around 11:30 for the best views and pictures.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
Rattlesnake Guy

We are hoping to catch a video as you go between Parker and Rattlesnake. Last year was one of those memorable moments as you all went buy. Very cooooool.
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
sunset on the dock

Rats...already have plans for the weekend; friends are coming over to wax the bottom of the kayaks and then we're planning a Prius rally down to Tanglewood. Well, maybe next year.
sunset on the dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
Irrigation Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Rats...already have plans for the weekend; friends are coming over to wax the bottom of the kayaks and then we're planning a Prius rally down to Tanglewood. Well, maybe next year.
You guys should try drafting the prius's to improve the mileage. Tanglewood is a lonnng ride.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irrigation Guy For This Useful Post:
OCDACTIVE (07-30-2010), trfour (07-30-2010)
Old 07-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #8
jayp603

Default man...

gotta work... not that i could keep up but i sure would like to check out a bunch of donzis
jayp603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #9
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
SOTD, this is a great post, while we all know your stance... I appreciate the humor and attitude to just accept it for what it is...

Now on the other hand with the wax on the bottom of the kayaks can you paddle further in a given day?

Bottom line, I hope weather your In the poker run, kayaking, or practicing drafting in a Prius to get to 60 mpg, that everyone has a safe and fun weekend......
Old 07-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #10
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
SOTD, this is a great post, while we all know your stance... I appreciate the humor and attitude to just accept it for what it is...

Now on the other hand with the wax on the bottom of the kayaks can you paddle further in a given day?

Bottom line, I hope weather your In the poker run, kayaking, or practicing drafting in a Prius to get to 60 mpg, that everyone has a safe and fun weekend......
In reality I hate the kayaks and leave them for the kids. I prefer the motor boat. Kayak = too much work. Also prefer a glass of wine with Mrs. Sunset while watching the sunset on the dock. Aaaah...life is good!

P.S. Don't own a Prius either. Volvo station wagon = big and good crash protection, mileage not bad either.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #11
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
In reality I hate the kayaks and leave them for the kids. I prefer the motor boat. Kayak = too much work. Also prefer a glass of wine with Mrs. Sunset while watching the sunset on the dock. Aaaah...life is good!

P.S. Don't own a Prius either. Volvo station wagon = big and good crash protection, mileage not bad either.
Oh Great......... to you will be around.. Did you want me to pick you up..? No wine allowed on board though... If it spills it could really mess up the all white interior.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #12
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Oh Great......... to you will be around.. Did you want me to pick you up..? No wine allowed on board though... If it spills it could really mess up the all white interior.
I'll wear my depends in case you go faster than 45. We'll also make sure our little 11 y/o guy doesn't see you pulling into the dock. We're still worried that he may be GFBL. The other day when he was reading his sailing magazine I noticed that tucked inside was the Lakeport Landing ad from the back of the Laker newspaper. And his mom noticed he's been visiting GFBL sites on the computer which he forgot to delete. Don't get me wrong...we have a GFBL cousin on the west coast and he's a really great guy. It's just that I don't know how I'd tell the rest of the family. I also think one of his teachers at school is GFBL but my wife says you can't always tell.
The Following User Says Thank You to sunset on the dock For This Useful Post:
OCDACTIVE (07-31-2010)
Old 07-31-2010, 06:15 AM   #13
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
I'll wear my depends in case you go faster than 45. We'll also make sure our little 11 y/o guy doesn't see you pulling into the dock. We're still worried that he may be GFBL. The other day when he was reading his sailing magazine I noticed that tucked inside was the Lakeport Landing ad from the back of the Laker newspaper. And his mom noticed he's been visiting GFBL sites on the computer which he forgot to delete. Don't get me wrong...we have a GFBL cousin on the west coast and he's a really great guy. It's just that I don't know how I'd tell the rest of the family. I also think one of his teachers at school is GFBL but my wife says you can't always tell.
I just fell off my chair.. Nice SOTD!!!!! But seriously you don't sound old enough for depends! And going over 45 you can still have your wine and not spill.. (rides very nicely) but again I wouldn't chance wine on my nice white vinyl!... Well Up early this morning with my 3 year old and your post just started my day off right.. Having a coffee then heading down to polish OCD. She has to look great for the Helo. shots today.... By the way I am selling SBONH shirts today at the Naswa.. I will buy one for you... what's your size?
Old 07-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #14
sunset on the dock

Quote:
I just fell off my chair.. Nice SOTD!!!!! But seriously you don't sound old enough for depends! And going over 45 you can still have your wine and not spill.. (rides very nicely) but again I wouldn't chance wine on my nice white vinyl!... Well Up early this morning with my 3 year old and your post just started my day off right.. Having a coffee then heading down to polish OCD. She has to look great for the Helo. shots today.... By the way I am selling SBONH shirts today at the Naswa.. I will buy one for you... what's your size?
Large. I'll have to wear it in the privacy of my house when no one is around. A little GFBL fantasy if you will. BTW, feeling better about the little guy and the whole GFBL issue. We went on the internet and learned that parents tend to blame themselves when they have a GFBL child. In fact...it may not even be a choice. He might have been born GFBL. There are even support groups available for parents of GFBL children and books on how to explain GFBaLity to other family members who don't understand the situation. No matter what, he's our flesh and blood and we would love him no matter what.

We're probably worrying too much and being irrational. In fact he's off kayaking with some friends right now. SOTD

Last edited by sunset on the dock; 08-01-2010 at 10:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sunset on the dock For This Useful Post:
OCDACTIVE (08-01-2010)
Old 07-31-2010, 05:55 PM   #15
Irrigation Guy

Quote:
Large. I'll have to wear it in the privacy of my house when no on is around. A little GFBL fantasy if you will. BTW, feeling better about the little guy and the whole GFBL issue. We went on the internet and learned that parents tend to blame themselves when they have a GFBL child. In fact...it may not even be a choice. He might have been born GFBL. There are even support groups available for parents of GFBL children and books on how to explain GFBaLity to other family members who don't understand the situation. No matter what, he's our flesh and blood and we would love him no matter what.

We're probably worrying too much and being irrational. In fact he's off kayaking with some friends right now. SOTD
Too funny...just watch out for the flame stickers, they are a dead give away.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Irrigation Guy For This Useful Post:
OCDACTIVE (08-01-2010)