Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Church Landing, Mames & Lago

Redwing's (from the forum) son was married this past weekend. Redwing, her husband and the brides parents and the bride and groom certainly know how to show people a great time! On Friday evening 100 guests attended the rehersal dinner at Mames's. It was a buffet and open bar. The food was very good and the service was fabulous. Saturday evening we attended the wedding and reception at Church Landing. Everything was perfect. All of the events started on time and the 120 guests couldn't have had a better time. On Sunday we attended a brunch at Lago. That event was also a great fun! We have never been to entire weekend wedding before. It was very exciting!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Default Yaay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
Redwing's (from the forum) son was married this past weekend. Redwing, her husband and the brides parents and the bride and groom certainly know how to show people a great time! On Friday evening 100 guests attended the rehersal dinner at Mames's. It was a buffet and open bar. The food was very good and the service was fabulous. Saturday evening we attended the wedding and reception at Church Landing. Everything was perfect. All of the events started on time and the 120 guests couldn't have had a better time. On Sunday we attended a brunch at Lago. That event was also a great fun! We have never been to entire weekend wedding before. It was very exciting!
Congratulations RW and family!!!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
Shore Driver

Congratulations! Nice to see Mame's get in on the action

I am worried about all the backstreet businesses now that Abondante has gone under.
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default Magical wedding and venues

Thank you for your notes of congratulations! Mames truly out-did themselves for our son's groom's dinner on Friday night, followed by an amazing wedding and reception/dinner at Church Landing on Saturday. A note about Church Landing. One of our guests was not feeling well and without hesitation the Church Landing staff provided a room for her and said that she could stay as long as necessary, even overnight, as a gesture of courtesy. What extraordinary service we received from them! The Sunday brunch at Lagos was delicious and enjoyed by all of our guests. All in all, an A+++ weekend... and the weather even cooperated. We were concerned when planning the wedding that no one would want to travel to New Hampshire in mid-January, but surprise of all surprises, friends and family came from all over the country.
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
braunbayboater

Default Church Landing Wedding

Thanks for the info. Our son is getting married at Church Landing next November and we're looking forward to a memorable experience. We had not considered Mame's for the grooms dinner but will look into it after the positive post about it. ANy other suggestions would be appreciated. Glad to hear that guests will travel to Meredith NH in the "off season".
braunbayboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #6
LadyJane

Default Church Landing et al

I always stay at one of the Inns at Mill Falls when I come up, and stayed at Church Landing in January. I can't say enough good things about the wonderful staff there. I always have good food at the Lake House Grille which is right there at Church Landing. Lago is great too, in fact friends that I sent up there liked it better. I also enjoy Mames. Three good choices.
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #7
Ryan

Church Landing is a great location for a wedding. Being from Mass, we tried to have our wedding there but could not work out the logistics. However, we did get our engagement photos taken there one October during peak foliage season.
We also stayed in the "Treehouse Suite" during a snowstorm one December after we were married. If it is available, it is worth the extra money!!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #8
Shedwannabe

Mame's catered our wedding reception, and the food was quite good, as was the whole set-up and service. The thing that upset us was that at the end, they took all the left-overs away while we were saying good-bye to guests. We had looked forward to being able to enjoy the food for several days given we ended up not eating much ourselves while chatting with guests. We thought we had paid for all the food, and they blandly said "we always take it away". So, if you want to have the left-overs that you paid for, get clear upfront.
Shedwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #9
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default Mame's coupon

Buy one meal, get the second one for free coupon, is on the following link:

http://www.mamesrestaurant.com/whatsnew.htm

Good through mid-June!

RW
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redwing For This Useful Post:
Shore Driver (03-05-2010), Sunrise Point (03-08-2010)
Old 03-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #10
Shore Driver

Went to Mame's Saturday night and had a great meal - Lobster Scallops Divan wth rice on the side. Always yummy

The 2-for-1 coupon is a nice deal, but if you have 4 people in your party, PRINT 2 COUPONS. It's a silly detail and a bit confusing since the coupon states it is good for parties up to 6. We took that to mean, if you buy 3 meals, you get 3 free.

The owner, John, straightened things out and we got our 2 free meals.

Mame's
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #11
phoenix

church landing is my wife's favorite lunch stop. We will wait for a table overlooking the water
Old 07-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #12
belly_button_biter

Default Dirty and careless

My wife and I have been frequenting a restaurant (not mentioning the name because this thread is about Lago) that is closed on Mondays so when she suggested going out last night we decided to try Lago . That is when we learned how high the bar has been lifted by the restaurant we frequent..

The first thing we noticed was that Lago also hangs their glasses over the bar. The deference is that they don’t polish the glasses. They hung like a smoky cloud instead of the sparkly polished ones we are accustom to.

I went to the men’s room to wash my hands and to my surprise found at least 12 crumpled towels on the flour because the trash was over flowing. I made mention of this to the manager.

When I returned to my seat at the bar I noticed that the floor around the wait station was littered with straws, napkins, and food.

Now the food. My wife ordered a salad which came with the wrong cheese. My mussels were served without the bread as mentioned on the menu. I did get a bonus mussel though. There was no sauce on it, and unexplainable why it was hiding under the squash on my entree (very tasty short ribs) which came out quite a while after my mussel app did. We also got a flat bread pizza. It reminded me of a saltine cracker without salt or very much sauce and cheese.

This was our first visit to a Common Man so we don’t know if these are common place problems or did the stars just align in the wrong path for us.

We are glad it's Tuesday so we can go back to a cumfortable place with great attention to detail.
belly_button_biter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #13
VtSteve

But aside from that Mrs. Lincoln, How Was the Play?
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #14
Newbiesaukee

BBB,OK, I will be the heavy. What is the restaurant you love even if this is about Lago?

It is always appropriate to say something nice. If someone wants to discuss in detail, we can always start a new thread.

Hijiacking a thread is always a virtue in the interest of good food.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #15
4 for Boating

Over the years we have frequented most if not all the Common Man locations across NH and I have to say that the dinner at the Ashland location always seems to the be the best of the pact. Good friendly service, very good food…. Just seems to be a bit better than the others.
4 for Boating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:08 AM   #16
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 for Boating View Post
Over the years we have frequented most if not all the Common Man locations across NH and I have to say that the dinner at the Ashland location always seems to the be the best of the pact. Good friendly service, very good food…. Just seems to be a bit better than the others.
We had dinner at the Common Man in Ashland on July 3rd. The food was great and so was the service!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:41 AM   #17
weim2

Thumbs up Wine Down Wednesday

I myself love Wine Down Wednesday at Lagos during the off season. Aaron the bartender has a great knowledge of wines and will always pick something tasty. Let him select the wine, white or red, he does a great job.
weim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:01 AM   #18
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Just wanted to reply to a earlier post by Shedwannabe about being disappointed when the caterer took all of the left over food back with them after the function. I know you felt that you had paid for it and should have left it but there is a good reason why they don't.......Here's why...
Caterers charge so much a head and ask for a guarantee. If you book 100 dinners, that's what you pay for even if only 85 show up. But, often, many more people show up and the cater has to be prepared. Nothing is more embarrasing to a caterer than to run out of food so nearly all of them prepare way more than is ordered knowing they can bring it back and use it if it's not needed.
They will gladly put up a few dinners to go for the family but most of the "back ups" as we call them are in steamtable pans and not even heated unless needed.
Hope that makes you feel a little better....sounds like everyone had a great time.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #19
colt17

Default "COMMOM" Comman Man

Here is my two cents on the Common Man restaurants at the lake. First we frequent Camp, Lago, Lake house and town docks often both in the summer and winter (my wife is a bigger fan than I). I like that you can get to them by boat during the summer and the help is friendly and the atmosphere is great. But the food is just average nothing special for the price you pay and I have been saying this for years to my wife. I would rather go for a drink or two and then go somewhere else for dinner. We tend to go with friends and im up front with them great atmosphere COMMON food……
colt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #20
WakeboardMom

Default Bbb

What is the restaurant that's awesome, BBB? My husband and I would love a recommendation; especially if it's bit less $$ than the Common Man restaurants in Meredith.