Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-05-2015, 01:08 AM   #1
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Center Harbor Fireworks

This year the fireworks were the best I ever seen in Center Harbor. I have been seeing them since the 1950's. I use to go in my PJ's back then. This year they started promptly and they went for about a half hour. The Center Harbor Band was great also. The band also has 5 more concerts. They play on Friday's at 7pm- at the band stand of course!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
bruinsfan (07-05-2015), dva (07-06-2015), ITD (07-05-2015), Lakegeezer (07-05-2015), LIforrelaxin (07-06-2015), NHKathy (07-07-2015), tummyman (07-05-2015), WINNOCTURN (07-05-2015)
Old 07-05-2015, 06:24 AM   #2
phoenix

I agree with you GBG they were terrific. We also had some post fireworks in our neighborhood after
Old 07-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #3
GTO

Default Very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
I agree with you GBG they were terrific. We also had some post fireworks in our neighborhood after
Another awesome display by a small town. We went to weirs the night before by boat and was very disappointed with their 7 minute show. Center harbor seemed to go on forever. We were on the boat down by the markers on the right hand side and after the display we were treated to an awesome display from someone on shore. That must of been a job done by professionals because they were well done
Old 07-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #4
Lakegeezer

Default Better next year?

Agree! One of the best shows ever. Next year, the Center Harbor Fireworks could be even better. It is the 100'th year anniversary of the Fire Department and extra fireworks will be part of the celebration. Fund raising begins with the proceeds from the upcoming LobsterFest, on Thursday evening August 6'th.
WINNOCTURN (07-05-2015)
Old 07-05-2015, 12:37 PM   #5
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Meredith was a DUD!

I was coming home from Laconia at about 9:30 and had to detour up through the center of town and decide to find a place to stop and watch the Fire Works. I found a great spot at Scott Birmingham's Garage (Meredith Auto Care).

I watch maybe the first half hour and was totally board. They fire works were low and went PUFF. I was total underwhelmed!

I decided to leave and head back to Moultonboro. I got as far as Canoe. It was right a the star of the "Grand Finally". It went on for ever. Based on what I saw and what I am reading her, it must have been the best ever for Center Harbor and one of the BEST in the Lakes Region.

WELL DONE CENTER HARBOR!!!!!!!
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2015, 05:36 PM   #6
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
Agree! One of the best shows ever. Next year, the Center Harbor Fireworks could be even better. It is the 100'th year anniversary of the Fire Department and extra fireworks will be part of the celebration. Fund raising begins with the proceeds from the upcoming LobsterFest, on Thursday evening August 6'th.
I do not eat lobster, but I will have the chicken. We plan on going to the lobster fest. It is for a good cause!!!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:26 PM   #7
Scott

I knew something had to be up with the super short display at the Weirs so I checked the facebook page for the WAC.

Quote:
Oops! When life gives you lemons....you make lemonade! Our fireworks show last night was cut short due to equipment failure...however, up until then...WHAT A SHOW! We have been offered a credit for the missing minutes for the LABOR DAY SHOW on Sept 6th...that will allow us to amend the permit with the state of NH and size of "cakes" being shot!.....thank you Atlas Fireworks for a great partnership!
Old 07-07-2015, 09:03 PM   #8
NHKathy

Default Awesome Show!!

I agree - what an awesome show Center Harbor put on!! The Center Harbor Town Band was also equally as awesome!! Loved how they were still playing their final song (Stars and Stripes Forever) when the show started, it was great with the music accompaniment!! What a display!!
NHKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NHKathy For This Useful Post:
Chat Noir (07-08-2015)
Old 07-08-2015, 10:37 AM   #9
Misty Blue

Default Love American Style...

As is our tradition, we anchored the Misty west of half mile Island. Center Harbor, you just get better and better!

My favorite was when the rockets came straight down the bay at us! Wicked cool!

Geezer, besides the lobster fest, where else can I pony up for next years display?

Misty Blue
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote