Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2009, 06:25 AM   #1
ToomuchFun

Default Valet Service

This is my second year on the lake. I used a valet service last year and wasn't very satisfied. Can I get some recommendations on a good, honest, valet service. Thanks so much!
ToomuchFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:56 AM   #2
Orion

Default Harilla Landing

I use Harilla Landing. They have a brand new state-of-the-art steel rack building and new management for the valet service. The new manager is doing an excellent job and I believe there are racks available for rent. It's in Moultonborough on Long Island and phone number is 603-651-9727.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
robmac

I use Shep Browns, resonably priced and honest. # is 603-279-4573
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:45 PM   #4
Kevin C

Thumbs up

This is our 5th year @ Channel Marine. Service has always been top notch, with the staff personable, efficient and honest.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Author Unknown.

Last edited by Kevin C; 05-25-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Kevin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
ishoot308

Thanked 4,940 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToomuchFun View Post
This is my second year on the lake. I used a valet service last year and wasn't very satisfied. Can I get some recommendations on a good, honest, valet service. Thanks so much!
I can't tell you where to go, but I can tell you where to stay away from... If you haven't read this thread you probably should.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5671

Dan
ishoot308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #6
ToomuchFun

Default Thanks for the responses

Thanks for the responses! I'll make some calls this week and hopefully have a great experience this year.
ToomuchFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #7
jst_4_kiks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I use Harilla Landing. They have a brand new state-of-the-art steel rack building and new management for the valet service. The new manager is doing an excellent job and I believe there are racks available for rent. It's in Moultonborough on Long Island and phone number is 603-651-9727.
awesome place. andy is a great person and the new building is so much better for storage and valet service. 651-9727 or 253-4592. the 253 number is a direct line to the yacht club. now on summer hours mon-thurs 8-6, fri-sat 8-7, sun 8-8

have a few racks to rent. also depends on the size of your boat. give andy a call.

PM with any questions about marine repair
jst_4_kiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
The question is will Harilla Landing survive? Sure the new building is nice, and I am sure the new mechanic / boat movers are wonderfull people..... but I have heard many grumplings from members about dues, and have also noted many racks for sale, or rent....
Something tells me something is not so grand there........
Old 05-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #9
hazelnut

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
The question is will Harilla Landing survive? Sure the new building is nice, and I am sure the new mechanic / boat movers are wonderfull people..... but I have heard many grumplings from members about dues, and have also noted many racks for sale, or rent....
Something tells me something is not so grand there........
Harilla Landing will most assuredly "survive." The racks, like mine, are privately owned (think condominium/rackominium). Yes our dues are high, due to a new construction project that gave us a state of the art brand new gigantic building second to none on the lake. The resulting building has spiked the values of all of our racks. So to answer the question, Harilla will always survive. So the complaints you may have heard are regarding our condo fees. Those that don't like it may in fact sell, there will always be a market for water access. As for the new contractor he is a great guy and he is paid by the membership to manage the club (I.E. Rack boats, maintain the facility, etc.) With all that said I'm not sure you'd find a better valet service on the lake.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
cowisl

Agreed. The new building is nice. We actually spoke to andy and he is going to angle the bunks and put carpet on them for our boat. Should be perfect
cowisl is offline   Reply With Quote