Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-27-2005, 08:18 AM   #1
Gilligan

Arrow Mountain View Yacht Club Rumor - No More gas rebate program

I heard a highly credible rumor that MVYC will no longer provide the gas tax rebate program for members and renters. I looked at their accurate info web site TODAY, under services, and found this :
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVYC web site
Gas Tax Rebate program
To participate in the Gas Tax Rebate program you must perform the following steps:
1. Fill out and sign the Gas Tax Rebate form.
2. Give the Gas Tax Rebate form to the MVYC office staff.
3. The office will hold all receipts for your summer gas purchases.
4. At the end of the season the office will submit all your receipts to the State of New Hampshire.
5. Sometime after December you will receive a check for "Road Toll Off Highway"
Well isn’t that interesting. It debunks the rumor I heard, but… But the information on their site is a few years out of date. A few years ago item number 4 changed. This year and the past few years the MVYC office sent the receipts and forms to the boat owner, and the owner then forwarded them to the State. So that MVYC web site statement has NOT been correct for a few years. The club USED to send the forms directly to the State (as is claimed by the MVYC web site) but that system changed, as I said, a few years ago.

But I thought the MVYC web site was the ONLY place for accurate information about the club? So, do you believe the MVYC web site even though that part of the rebate program changed a few years ago? If you use that program you know I am RIGHT and the MVYC web statement is out of date.

And to the current rumor about the demise of the MVYC Gas Rebate Program. Do you believe that they are offering this Rebate Program (like it says on their web site today) or do you believe the rumor I heard that this service will no longer be offered?

I know that Mountain View Yacht Club Board Directors are adamant that forums that allow anonymous posts are not the place for reliable MVYC information. Only the MVYC.BIZ web site has the truth. I’ve demonstrated that this is not always the case. The MVYC alleged April 2005 Open House is an example. I asked about it on the forum because there was NO mention of the event on the MVYC web site. You can see that thread if you want to.
Thread on MVYC Open House Rumor

Someone else mentioned that the MVYC slip map on their web site (today) is over a year out of date. The foot bridge shown was torn down and a new one built in a different area.

So, in spite of the current information on the MVYC.biz web site to the contrary, has anyone else heard the rumor that MVYC will no longer provide the Gas Tax Rebate Program for members/renters?

P.S. I heard another rumor. I heard that Alien UFO pilots flying around the Lake do not believe that the MVYC Board of Directors exist.

Last edited by Gilligan; 10-27-2005 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Fix confusion pointed out in MrsKahuna post, Thanks
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:47 AM   #2
mrskahuna

Default Need to file quarterly

I'm not sure about your question on whether or not MVYC files the form with the state or not (I am a member there, but I always keep and file my own form). I do know that the state changed the rules on filing which has to be done quarterly now and you cannot submit for quarters that have already passed. They made this change on 7/5/2005, so unless you knew about immediately, you'd be out of luck for receipts incurred for April/May/June. I realized this when I got an updated copy of the form, so I made my filing in Sept, but only got reimbursed for July/Aug/Sept. I bet most people are not aware of this change. I think the cutoff for filing the 3rd quarter is the end of Oct. Anyone know for sure?
mrskahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:17 PM   #3
Aquadeziac

Exclamation

I just got my rebate check for April/May/June which I filed for the last week of Sept. You have until Dec 31 to file for July/Aug/Sept, and until Mar 31 to file for Oct/Nov/Dec, etc, etc.

If MVYC did stop filing for customers it was probably because of the increased amount of paperwork involved. Now they have to file 4 times for everyone instead of just once (times how many customers?)

From what I have heard a lot of people missed out on their first quarter rebates because of lack of publicity, and even some marinas didn't know what was going on. Fortunately, the April/May/June rebate for most people is smaller than the July/Aug/Sept which you all still have time to file for. So, hurry and do it now.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:04 AM   #4
SIKSUKR

AQUA,do you fill your pwc at a marina?I trailer my pwc and fuel it at gas stations.I was wondering how the state looks at reciepts that are not from marinas.How would they know if the reicept was for my boat or my car?Do they even allow reciepts from non marinas?
Old 10-28-2005, 06:58 PM   #5
Aquadeziac

Exclamation

SIK- I have 2 PWCs and a Cabin cruiser. The boat is always fueled at a marina. The PWCs are most always filled on the road along with a couple of 5 gal cans. I have never had any receipts questioned except when one didn't have the vendors name and address on it. I just don't buy gas there anymore. I always use a credit card and then write the Reg number on the receipt. One week I will use the SeaDoo reg and the next week I use the Polaris. Have been doing this for three years with no questions. And always did it when I had a trailer boat.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:28 PM   #6
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

When I was gassing using "Jerry cans", I got my gas at the Citgo at Alton Circle and with the exception of one or two stops at marinas while out on the lake, I submitted the receipts from the pump, adding the boat Reg #. Got my rebate, no problem.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:09 AM   #7
SIKSUKR

Thanks UP and Aqua.I've never turned in reciepts for the rebate,partially for not knowing if they would except them.I will certainly send them in in the future.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:13 PM   #8
Aquadeziac

Thats what I always liked about the trailer boat....as with the jetskis, the cheaper gas on the streets AND the gas rebate.