Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
Silver Duck

Default Question for Bizer

I was wondering if there's any sign of the new C-Map chips yet? I seem to remember that you said that they would probably be ready in February.

Silver Duck
Silver Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:14 PM   #2
fpartri497

Default C-Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Duck
I was wondering if there's any sign of the new C-Map chips yet? I seem to remember that you said that they would probably be ready in February.

Silver Duck
Does the Chip have to be upgraded every year? I have a Std. horizon CP 175 that I bought last June

fpartri497
Old 02-24-2006, 07:14 PM   #3
Silver Duck

fpartri497

I don't think that the chip needs yearly updates, but Bizer had mentioned in an earlier thread that C-Map was incorporating some recent updates into chips that would be available this month.

I figured that since I'd finally gotten a GPS that would take the C-Map Winni chip, I'd wait for the latest version and buy direct from Bizer.

By the way, my new GPS is also a 175C; how do you like yours?

Silver Duck
Silver Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
Bizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpartri497
Does the Chip have to be upgraded every year? I have a Std. horizon CP 175 that I bought last June
Some people have to have the newest model. I've also seen people with $40000 boats with a 15 year old chart. To sum it all up: When-to-upgrade is a personal preference. Personally, I think an electronic chip should be adequate for several years.

A few buoys moved and there are a few new buoys, but I don't recall making any changes to rock or shallow areas. Look at the updates on Bizer's news page. Other than minor buoy adjustments, that's pretty much all the changes.

C-Map is changing the way it markets lakes. C-Map will be selling all northeast lakes on one chip (a MAX C-card) rather than Winnipesaukee alone on a chip (the NT+ version). It looks like the chip format will be changing as well. In this case, the 175C accepts both the MAX version and the NT+ version, however one should go to www-c-map.com to see if your chart plotter accepts the new MAX C-card format.

I'm still trying to find when the new cartridge will be available.
Bizer is offline   Reply With Quote