Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-17-2006, 09:05 AM   #1
Chris Exley

Default Hurricaine Boats....Any experiences

Hi,

We are looking at some different boats, one is the Hurricaine Sundeck and one is the Hurricaine Fundeck. Does anyone have any experiences with these boats that they would be able to share?

Thanks,

Chris Exley
Chris Exley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:52 PM   #2
Flotnjr

Smile

I have had a few experiences with Hurricane boats, and the biggest thing that I have noticed is how shallow the boats ride. The decks are set up fantastic as far as roominess goes, but it is almost a flat bottom boat, and the ride is not quite as good as in a Four Winns or Bryant deckboat. These tend to run a bit more expensive, but they do pack quite a bit of boat for the money. A test drive obviously is out of the question, but definately something I recommend! Good Luck!
Flotnjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

I'm on my second Hurricane deck boat....I loved my 24' which was fine for the lake but traded up last year for the new 26'.Felt I needed a little more weight and muscle since we take it down to Fla in March.The 26' handles the big wakes on the ICW as well as the swells in the gulf.We've been very pleased with the workmanship,handling and towability of both boats.Plenty of room for company and not a bad ride for a modified V hull.Also they have a 12" draft (aprox) so you can beach them with ease.....can't do that with the deep V's
They have a very easy to use ski platform ....hmmm...lest see..what else.
Oh yes..they are great on gas due to the hull design.
One last thought.I'll never call a boat unsinkable after the Titanic,but all Hurricanes have blown in floatation and the company claims that they'll remain floating even if swamped.
Only local dealer I know of is Adams Marine on lake Winnisquam.I'd suggest a 24" at least for the big lake.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:53 AM   #4
Dave R

Pretty sure Rockingham Boats in Hampstead NH sells them.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote