Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
cowisl

Default Bill L leaves Channel Marine

I heard from Bill the other day and he is now at Shep Brown's. Best of luck to Bill! We have appreciated his hard work and service over the years.
cowisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
dbmarine

Default Another employee through the revolving door!

I am not surprised that Bill left Channel, with all the boat lines that they have been through and the reputation of the service dept. It was a good move on his part! He will do much better at Shep Browns, they have a great name and are respected around the lake alot more than channel!
Wonder when Channel will be up for sale?
I heard that Channel took back the Azure line and there has been nothing with problems with them....It's always something new at that place.
dbmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Pontoon Goon

Default Huh

Always had great luck with Channel. Found them to be honest and fair.
Pontoon Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
lakewinnigirl

Default wow

We bought a boat from Bill and he was very honest and knowledgable, we wish him the best at Shep's. Maybe the upper management at Channel is the problem?? I know that the owners of Shep's are honest people as well, Bill will have great success over there!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #5
dbmarine

I agree, I think the employee's are honest folks but we dont see what goes on behind closed doors. the employees have said that the owner is hard to work for, he is from a big corporation with no boating background. Time will tell..Bill has always been honest with us so have the service techs.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
NHBUOY

...I am shocked he lasted as long as he did...Was he "laid off" or did he "give notice"...?... The Littlefields are good folks & the work environment HAS to be WAY better...without all the mullarky @ Channel..... Is Billy tech'n or sell'n...?... btw...Cowisle...You still got the Velocity 22'..?.. Good luck Billy...
NHBUOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
dbmarine

I spoke with bill this weekend and he gave his notice, he was not laid off.
He was the first out of the past 20 that didn't get fired!!!
Good for him....No more mullarkey is right!!! He is in a much better place working for much better people!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #8
dbmarine

Oh ya....he is selling, he will make the Littlefields happy!
Great guy to deal with because he has the tech background!!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #9
NHBUOY

...skillz...
Old 01-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #10
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Not Much Great News

I haven't heard much good news about the current owners at Channel Marine. The last good management there was when the Littlefield's ran it.

The current owners made a huge mistake 3 years ago letting Jim P. go. He had been there about 20 years and did a great job. When he wasn't selling boats he was always on the dock making friends and helping the business in general with good PR. He has alot of friends on Lake Winnipesaukee and sold most of the Baja's and many of the Crownline's that are on the lake.

The current owners just don't seem to get it. I get gas there all the time because it is convenient, and the atmosphere never seems orderly, friendly and businesslike.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #11
moondog

Default Good Times

spent a lot of time at Channel Marine, valet customer 98-2007(ex-Baja owner-what a sweet boat). I was there during the Littlefield days and the “New Owners” era. Got to know most of the employees and can say only good things about them. The Littlefields handed over the “new owners” a great staff. I did start to notice that turn over of employees started to accelerate and the lack of owner’s presence on weekends. But Billy
And the other members of the Channel Team were always there to help. The Channel Marine that I remember was wonderful and the staff made it that way. Dave (forklift) Lynda (service) Jim (Sales) Kory (Sales) Joe (Sales) Jay (Sales) Phil (Sales) Mat (Sales)Brad (Service) Eric (Service) Scottie (Dock) Chris (Store) Bobby (Service) Bruce (Service) Joanie (Parts) just to name a few are all gone. I guess it is a tough place to work. Not all these people could be incompetent.

I did have a conversation with Vin once and a door knob has more personality. The conversation was painful and I do not think he knew I was a long time customer. I am not being fair but I was expecting a little more from the man. Vin’s business did provide me with great service and that’s the main concern. I was happy to pay his fees.

Who knows what goes on there now but at the time I was there a whole lot of boats were sold and I seldom heard customers complaining. It was a very busy place. I always had a fantasy that I wanted to work at a marina, but after seeing how that staff ran around and the long hours they put in, I think I will keep my office job.

How can a small business that is built on relationships go through so many employees?
Some of the people that were let go had 10, 15 or more years of service. Maybe that why Crownline pulled out?

I hope that Channel Marine can stay a float. This business has too much Lake History to waste. I have my many happy memories at Channel Marine and my boating experience There was “GREAT!” The Channel Marine staff always treated me well and will always think of them fondly. I would go back to say hello, but I won’t recognize any one. (Very Sad.) I guess there is always Facebook

Billy will be a great addition to Sheps..He is good people…Who ever is calling the shots at Channel…maybe its time to sell.

I miss my boat.

Billy, I will be calling you…How are those Monetarys???
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:06 PM   #12
NHBUOY

...well said..Moondog...
Old 01-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
dbmarine

Default you hit the nail on the head...moondog !!

I can not agree more...I have been buying boats from Jim and Bill over the last 10 years and also ran into Vin last season....he knew that I bought boats there and was still sooo rude to me the last time i was dealing with Bill that he actually came up to me and said "we dont need to sell you this boat...someone else will pay more money for it"!!!
Bill's mouth dropped to the ground as he turned away shaking his head in dis-belief...What right did Vin having saying that to me....Just because he is the owner???? He is UNREAL....I will be buying my next boat at Shep's FOR SURE!!!!
This is a tight community up here on Lake Winni, no owner should be treating a paying customer like that, your right moondog..Vin is like talking to a door knob, actually... I would rather talk to a door knob than him again!
Bill and Jim are definately in a better place...

Last edited by dbmarine; 01-17-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling error