Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
Weekend Pundit

Exclamation Boat Crashes Into Eagle Island

I don't know if anyone out there heard about the boat that crashed into Eagle Island yesterday. Here's a link to the story in the Sunday Citizen:

http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll...086/-1/CITIZEN

I cringed when I heard the details about the crash. Notice, I didn't say "accident". It isn't an "accident" when the guy at the helm is under the influence of alcohol.

Guys like these we don't need.

UPDATE 1:51PM: I was out with my son and one of his friends and swung by Eagle Island. The boat is still there on the west side of the island. I have no idea how they're going to get it out of there.

Last edited by Weekend Pundit; 06-11-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Weekend Pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
ApS

Question Islands Unsafe...

For those not registered at The Citizen, here is a summary:

A 24-foot power boat traveling at high speed was sighted by the M/S Mt. Washington at about 3:10 AM Saturday. It struck rocks at Eagle Island's shoreline, and "sailed through the trees". The boat's operator was charged with DWI.

Quote:
"The three aboard were uninjured, and were sighted standing at the end of the island's only dock and signaling for help with a road flare...The boat came within 15 feet of the island's sole house and knocked its electrical wires down, but the house was otherwise unscathed...We're not sure how they're going to get that boat out of there," said [NHMP's] Ouellette .
COMMENT: It seems that the early morning hours are bad hours to be anywhere near alcohol and boating. However, staying within the confines of your island house remains a relatively safe place to be.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote