Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
fatlazyless

Default East Coast Flightcraft

Anyone know if www.eastcoastflightcraft.com has closed its Meredith store? It has that closed look about it....no boats inside or out...empty showoom. Would not be surprised if the triple whammy of 4dollar gas, tight credit, hb847 is too much.

Hate to see a business close but at least it was a satellite store and not the main biz. Their website says thay are the biggest east coast dealer in Fountain, Cobalt, and Malibu with their main store in Middleboro , Mass.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #2
Just Sold

East Coast Flightcraft was open in Middleton today when I was returning home from N.Reading via Rte. 114. They are set back from the road but I could see plenty of boats on display. Their web site has no reference to the Meredith location.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
Airwaves

When I left Bike Week last Sunday there were boats for sale outside the building, I didn't notice the showroom.
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
fatlazyless

About two weeks ago they had a big Fountain parked out front that had all of three big Mercury outboards, plus other boats inside the showroom and outside. Now, there are no boats anywhere, inside or outside, and it looks sort of cleaned out. I'm talking about the Meredith store on Route 104 at the Pease Road stoplights.

Here's hoping the building can be turned around as a local food coop with home made bread, locally grown tomatoes and stone ground granola......and prebuy heating oil plans, sold on the side & locked in at 3.99/gallon.

From triple engine Fountains to locally grown veggies......how's that sound? You know, sort of a hippie-dippy, farmers food store. Everyone likes to eat fresh food.

"Buy local & the money stays local!"

Last edited by fatlazyless; 06-29-2008 at 05:47 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
Airwaves

Quote:
Posted by FLL
"Buy local & the money stays local!"
Yep, used to do that when I was up at the lake. Unfortunately the 'local" growers consolidtated, at least the one I used to buy from between the Weirs and Meredith, and cater to upper income types. I'm not interested in that. Beans and Greens still works for me, they are on the steep side as compared to prices in Supermarkets, but I know where the produce came from and who benefits but because they are so pricy I still end up shopping at the supermarket for most produce.

As for FlightCraft. When I went past last Sunday there were several boats in the yard including a Cobalt that caught my eye (because I own one). That's the only reason I even noticed it. At that location I have never really seen them do a decent job of marketing or even grabbing my attention as I drive past! Just MHO
AW
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #6
boywonder

Default flightcraft

Hopefully they are closed!! There sales dept. is great till right after the sale, then good luck to you!! There service dept. is by far the worst anywere or maybee I just had a ot of bad luck .
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:15 AM   #7
DoTheMath

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
Hopefully they are closed!! There sales dept. is great till right after the sale, then good luck to you!! There service dept. is by far the worst anywere or maybee I just had a ot of bad luck .
Yeah, I'd say you got a streak of bad luck there BW, I know both the owner and the service manager personally and there is no dealership that you will find to be more honest and caring about their customers. That is both before AND after the sale!! I just bought a new Cobalt from them, and we had purchased 2 Mailbus from them in the past, they go way above and beyond to make a satisfied customer! I can litterally state that there is NO dealer on the big lake that comes close to them for sales and service - yes, NONE!
DoTheMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #8
CentreHarborEric

Default ECF service

Second that, the service wasn't all that great. We bought a Malibu there in 2004 and used them for service for the first few years. REALLY expensive, and they damaged the engine cover during winterization, made a half-ass repair but didn't tell us. Now they appear to be closed except maybe by appointment and I am pretty sure the Malibu line is being sold @ Goodhue Hawkins in Wolfeboro via some kind of partnership with the ECF "mothership" in Middleton MA.
We now use Al @ Meredith Marina for service-he's great to us.
CentreHarborEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #9
ThePlut

Default Still open

Meredith is still open, and there have been some changes in the service department in the last year (used to be a separate business, now it isn't).

Goodhue is selling Malibus now, true.
ThePlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #10
sea_n_ski

Default One of the best around

I can't believe what I am reading in these posts. Three of my friends on the lake have bought Cobalts form these guys, so I am following suit. It arrives this weekend and I can't wait. I took my deal to Thurston's and they said it was impossible. Not only was their price significantly lower, they gave me a much better trade. Thurston's said there was no way they could touch a Flightcraft deal. Thier overhead is too high.

My friends tell me their service is out of this world. So I checked out the report card they had from Cobalt. It was straight 10s across the board and they are one of the highest rated Cobalt dealers in the country. If you don't believe me, call either Dan (owner) or Keith.

Flightcraft is out of MA, so they may have had a rough start here in Meredith. My friends have told me stories where they have bent over backwards helping them out. They even come to your dock to do the service if you like.

I just called them today and am working a deal to trade in mu kids boat for a Malibu. They gave me another incredible deal. One that will be very hard to turn down.

My understanding they are just getting the Meredith operation going. They are gong to be a force in the lakes region.
sea_n_ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #11
boywonder

Thumbs down flightcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea_n_ski View Post
I can't believe what I am reading in these posts. Three of my friends on the lake have bought Cobalts form these guys, so I am following suit. It arrives this weekend and I can't wait. I took my deal to Thurston's and they said it was impossible. Not only was their price significantly lower, they gave me a much better trade. Thurston's said there was no way they could touch a Flightcraft deal. Thier overhead is too high.

My friends tell me their service is out of this world. So I checked out the report card they had from Cobalt. It was straight 10s across the board and they are one of the highest rated Cobalt dealers in the country. If you don't believe me, call either Dan (owner) or Keith.

Flightcraft is out of MA, so they may have had a rough start here in Meredith. My friends have told me stories where they have bent over backwards helping them out. They even come to your dock to do the service if you like.

I just called them today and am working a deal to trade in mu kids boat for a Malibu. They gave me another incredible deal. One that will be very hard to turn down.

My understanding they are just getting the Meredith operation going. They are gong to be a force in the lakes region.
They must have not included mine on my other friends surveys for how there service dept. was,it is horrible! I will say it is hard to beat Dans prices though!!!
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
Slipaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Anyone know if www.eastcoastflightcraft.com has closed its Meredith store? It has that closed look about it....no boats inside or out...empty showoom. Would not be surprised if the triple whammy of 4dollar gas, tight credit, hb847 is too much.

Hate to see a business close but at least it was a satellite store and not the main biz. Their website says thay are the biggest east coast dealer in Fountain, Cobalt, and Malibu with their main store in Middleboro , Mass.
They are open, but I had a really bad recent experience with them and would never go back to them for service again!
Slipaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #13
mastercraft

Thumbs down

The operation they have in Meredith is a joke. They sell boats for cheap but what good is that if you cant get any service out of them. They didnt even have a truck over there this spring to put the boats in, I think they had Miles Marine put the boats in for them and then where charging the customer for it.
mastercraft is offline   Reply With Quote