Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-10-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts
Default North End Public Beach?

Hi All,
Was driving boat from marina to where we'll be keeping it at Hanson's Cove and noticed a beach on the north shore that Bizer lists as public. Two questions: one of the streets near it looks to be States Landing and near Suissevale--is that really a public beach? Also, when we pulled up, there were boats beached--is that just because the swimming area hasn't been marked out yet?

Thanks!
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
Tomt

I believe you need a Moultonborough Permit / sticker for that beach as well as the one off the neck road.
Tomt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:03 PM   #3
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomt View Post
I believe you need a Moultonborough Permit / sticker for that beach as well as the one off the neck road.
I'm referring to the one that is just east of Ambrose Cove Marina--is that Moultonborough?
Old 05-10-2015, 07:36 PM   #4
neckdweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I'm referring to the one that is just east of Ambrose Cove Marina--is that Moultonborough?
Yes, that is Moultonborough and that is States Landing beach. It could be confused with Suissevale because they are pretty close together.
neckdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:26 AM   #5
thinkxingu

OK, thanks. Does that beach allow beaching, or is that just because the swimming area hasn't been marked off yet? Is it a good beach to anchor outside of and swim?

Essentially, my kids liked the Braun Bay sandbar, but we'll now be too far from it for regular excursions and are looking for places to go in the north.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #6
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
OK, thanks. Does that beach allow beaching, or is that just because the swimming area hasn't been marked off yet? Is it a good beach to anchor outside of and swim?

Essentially, my kids liked the Braun Bay sandbar, but we'll now be too far from it for regular excursions and are looking for places to go in the north.
It will have a swimming area established soon. There is still room to beach a boat on either side of the ramp, or anchor outside of. I have not seen it staffed with a lifeguard in some time (current rules require 2 on duty after the Molly Bish kidnapping and murder). There is a porta-pottie there in season.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:12 PM   #7
Shreddy

Quote:

Suissevale beach, which is just north of Ambrose Cove is private. There is a swimming area that will be marked within the next couple of weeks. Boats and jet skis are able to beach on the far side of the beach but they have to have a Suissevale sticker to beach there. If you go further north and bend around Ganzey Island, down on your right you have States Landing beach which is public, but there is no real place to beach your boat unless it's temporary due to the boat launch. Right next to the States Landing public beach is Balmoral Beach, which is also a private association with their own rules and regs regarding beaching a boat or jet skis.