Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts
Default Taylor Retirement Community

I did a search here on the forum but couldn't find any info on the Taylor Retirement Community in Wolfeboro or Laconia. I am hoping someone here has some info.

My mom and her husband are at that age where they realize upkeep of their home in Brookfield will soon become a burden and are actively looking at a retirement community to move to. Taylor Community is one of the places they both really liked especially the one in Wolfeboro.

I am all for it and want to help them with their due diligence before committing.

Does anyone have any info good or bad you could share regarding the Taylor Retirement Community?...

Thanks!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 09-16-2014 at 10:46 AM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
Dog's Ear

You can find the website at this location:

taylorcommunity.org
Dog's Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog's Ear For This Useful Post:
Ken (09-16-2014)
Old 09-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog's Ear View Post
You can find the website at this location:

taylorcommunity.org
Thanks, I did see that. I meant to say I did a search on this forum and couldn't find anything ( I edited my post above). Looking for anyone with first or second hand experience.

Dan
Old 09-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #4
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

I haven't heard much about it, but I certainly haven't heard anything bad. And usually if there is, you would hear about it in a small town. It seems very quiet there. We own some property that abuts them and we have never had any trouble with them. Sorry I can't help more.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (09-16-2014)
Old 09-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
Rusty

All the people who I have talked to that live at the Taylor Community really love it there. Also if tis doesn't know anything bad about it then it has to be a good place...believe me when I say this.
ishoot308 (09-16-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
TheProfessor

My neighbor sold their fine home (off lake).
Bought into Taylor in Laconia.

There were/are some issues. But I will have to speak with them for specifics.

Like any HOA - there are real specific rules. Best to read up on each and every rule. As with any HOA - staff and "volunteers" drive around seeking out "infractions".
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (09-16-2014)
Old 09-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #7
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
Like any HOA - there are real specific rules. Best to read up on each and every rule. As with any HOA - staff and "volunteers" drive around seeking out "infractions".
That is correct. All HOA have different rules. You have to find one that fits your lifestyle.

Taylor home at first was govern by the original owner and a 'Board of Directors'. It was all about the money and people paid a fortune to purchase and they did not get their money back. Today it is run like any HOA, by a board that are made up of the homeowners. Unit prices have came down drastically. The board hire a project manager. Its a good spot if you can afford the monthly fees and are OK with the association bylaws.

You may want to check out other communities such as Wildwood Village on Winnisquam, Briarcrest off the top of Prescott Hill or Wesley Woods off of 11a near the Laconia bypass in Gilford.

Last edited by BroadHopper; 09-16-2014 at 04:03 PM.
BroadHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BroadHopper For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (09-16-2014)
Old 09-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #8
Steveo

Default My Mom lived there

And unfortunately died there about 15 years ago. Lived in the Laconia facility. Obviously this is dated info but she (and we) loved the facility. It was a very reasonable buy in and her estate had no trouble getting the money due back on her death. She was young compared to most so she had her own condo (4 attached units). Condo units and facility make it so you can stay there as long as possible. Large door openings, emergency calls in all rooms, etc. They will deliver meals there and provide medical assistance any time. They have lots of social events you can participate in or not. My long divorced Mother meet her boyfriend there. Once you can't physically stay in the condo you are moved down the hill to the main facility and have a variety of options depending on your care needs. My Mother unfortunately went into a coma before her death but they had wonderful hospice care for her right in the facility. I recommend it highly.
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steveo For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (09-16-2014)
Old 09-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #9
ishoot308

Steveo;

Thanks for the great first hand info! I sincerely appreciate it.

My mom actually got a tour of one of the homes at the Wolfeboro facility from one of the gracious owners. Nothing but good so far!

Mom and her husband are looking at the options they offer and different prices to see what's feasible for them.

Hoping it all works out.

Thanks again!

Dan
Old 09-16-2014, 07:36 PM   #10
Mr. V

A good option for an assisted living facility is Golden View in Meredith.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #11
winnisummergal

Default Golden View

My grandfather spent his last few years at Golden View. At that point his Dementia/Alzheimer's had progressed far enough to require him to be on a secure floor.
We found the staff to be very helpful, all family lived 3000 miles away and just couldn't give him the care he required at any home, his or ours and he never wanted to leave the lake.
We usually made unscheduled visits and I never found any difference in his care from scheduled to unscheduled visits.
The assisted living area on the first floor was nice and the tenants I spoke with seemed to enjoy living there but admitted it was a bit of an adjustment first.

I have also heard great things about Sugar Hill. Good Luck!
winnisummergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #12
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Forest View

On 106 in Meredith is Forest View. Modern up to date facility. I have an aunt with dementia there. The family is very please with the care.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #13
ApS

Smile I Liked It !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
"...I did a search here on the forum but couldn't find any info on the Taylor Retirement Community in Wolfeboro or Laconia. I am hoping someone here has some info..."
I've seen one home in Taylor's Retirement Community's Wolfeboro facility. The former owner had a place in the Taylor Community in Laconia, and didn't miss it when she lost her husband and moved to the Wolfeboro Taylor Home. She's since remarried and moved back to the Laconia facility.

(She runs into a lot of a Lakes Region people whom she recognizes!)

The Wolfeboro home was just about perfectly thought out: the ample back yard backed up to heavy woods, and front yard was perfect—attended-to weekly by Taylor staff. You'd never know you had neighbors—it's that private.

The heat was furnished by radiant heat in the floor. The land-line telephone was provided with free calls to anywhere, and cable TV and Internet was standard. One car garage, but it was spacious enough for workbenches on three sides of the car—plus a storage locker. The large kitchen had a lot of storage space.

There were no recycling provisions, but regular pickups of household trash.

Occasionally, a tent is put up on the green for various events. While I was there, the event was an antique show.

It would be the perfect spot, but there is no view of the lake.

One big plus, is that it's located in a convenient, yet very quiet, part of Wolfeboro.

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:50 PM   #14
ishoot308

Default Thanks!

Thanks APS!

I appreciate the great info!

They definitely liked the Wolfeboro facility better also.

Dan
Old 09-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #15
Music Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post

It would be the perfect spot, but there is no view of the lake.

One big plus, is that it's located in a convenient, yet very quiet, part of Wolfeboro.
Although there's no view of the lake, as soon as you exit the community, you're looking at Back Bay. Plus, no view means lower property taxes.

Definitely convenient: just over half a mile to the town docks, although the sidewalks don't start until you get to Mill Street.

Still, you can do plenty of walking in the community, or, if you're up for more serious hiking, go out the back to Filterbed Road and avoid the Bay Street "traffic". Then that half mile will get you to the Sewall Woods trails...and much, much more! Wolfeboro Trails
Music Man is offline   Reply With Quote