Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
SkiDad

Default Any other early risers looking to ski?

I wake up early. I love to ski. If anyone reading this forum is interested in regular, weekend ski trips that start around 6 - 630 let me know. I have a 20' welcraft that has a small wake. I ski between bear and Mark. Must be willing to share gas or I will pay you - whatever, I just want to find some early risers. I am usually back in by 730.

Doug
SkiDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
SkiDad

Default Mark island residents

By the way, if any of the nice people on Mark island whose dock I ski by think I am too close, just let me know. No harm or disrespect intended...its just consistently the calmest spot on the lake.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
SkiDad

Default Your nuts

What kind of a nut wants to ski when the lake looks like a mirror? You must be crazy...
Old 07-19-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Give me a call

Well having lost my driver and observer for that matter....bad few years for my family....I am interested in finding some folks that ski......send me private message through the forum if you are still looking and we can see what we can work out.............
Old 07-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDad
By the way, if any of the nice people on Mark island whose dock I ski by think I am too close, just let me know. No harm or disrespect intended...its just consistently the calmest spot on the lake.
Its probably mine if its the one that looks like a small marina all the time...

If you are out in the early am it is a great place, a bit later in the day it turns into the wild, wild west. We see numerous boats cutting the corner inside our moorings 90' offshore, as well as passing each other at arms length in the channel. We have had and seen many close calls with skiers and boarders with either boats passing through or multiple ski boats at once. Be careful from late morning until about 6pm!
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2006, 05:38 AM   #6
SkiDad

Default reply to codeman

Thats unfortunate. I am in Glendale bay in it is generally pandemonium on the weekends after 10 or so. Absolutely no regard for safe passage, pwc's planed off 10' from eachother while people are scuba diving. The MP's have been bagging people a lot more for the 150' rule this year in the bay, but unfortulately, it seems like a long road. Thanks for the warning, I am usually done by 8.