Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-17-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
William_Philipp

Question

I was just looking through programs that New Hampshire has to get your boating license and it lists the usual classroom and on-line course, but it also says a video course. Has anyone done this? what is this about?
William_Philipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts
Default Safe Boating Video

I saw this a couple of years ago. I believe it is available from MP, and I have seen a video for sale at marinas. Not sure if it is the same video.

The onhe I saw came from MP, lasts about 4 hours, and stops at intervals for the viewer to do an appropriate section in a workbook. I think the workbook is available from MP.

I know of at least one NH public library that has a copy (Merrimack) so you might borrow it on inter-library loan.

To "do" the course, you really need the workbook, but the video is well done and aimed at New Hampshire boating.

This is good info for family members who might not want a Safe Boater Certificate, bjut neede to know that when the Captain asks them to "breal out the PFD's" they don't start scratching and looking in the first aid kit for calamine lotion.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:41 PM   #3
Seadoo

i would just study online, then take the test a couple days (minutes) after you review eveything.

good luck
Seadoo is offline   Reply With Quote