Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #1
dire14

Question Best Boat Launch Near Center Harbor

Hey everyone i'm new to the forum, been to the lake a half a dozen times, never with a boat though. Bought a 14ft boat last year and decided to stay on the lake a week in July. I rented a cabin with a boat slip in Center Harbor and need to know the best launch facility near there where I can store my trailer for the week and not have to worry about it. I know of Silver Sands and Ames Farm, but wasn't sure if maybe there was a place just as good closer to where I am staying. Any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks
dire14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:08 PM   #2
ossipeeboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire14
Hey everyone i'm new to the forum, been to the lake a half a dozen times, never with a boat though. Bought a 14ft boat last year and decided to stay on the lake a week in July. I rented a cabin with a boat slip in Center Harbor and need to know the best launch facility near there where I can store my trailer for the week and not have to worry about it. I know of Silver Sands and Ames Farm, but wasn't sure if maybe there was a place just as good closer to where I am staying. Any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Center Harbour has a nice public launch ramp. with only a 14 foot trailer why not park it at the house you rented.
ossipeeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
Misty Blue

Default CH boat ramp

Dire14:

Canter Harbor has a good ramp. Turn in at True Value Hardware and go down the hill. It is right by where the Mount docks. The trailer can go by the basket ball court although I don't know if there is a time restriction.

Watch out though! If you back too far down the ramp you can drop off of the edge.

Misty Blue.
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:13 PM   #4
dire14

I am not sure how much space I have to park at the cottage I may very well be able to park it there I should be able to shimmy it in somewhere I guess. I thought center harbor had a ramp, but wasn't sure you dont hear much about any other ramps than the main two I mentioned. Would the ramp be easy to get in and out of about 9am on a saturday morning? Trying to make this go as smoothly as possible. I appreciate the help
Old 06-19-2006, 02:48 PM   #5
Dave R

I think Goodhue Marine (my memory is terrible so I am probably wrong) has a facility right next to the ramp. They also have a trailer storage facility on route 25 headed east from the ramp. They will let you park the trailer there all week for a small fee. I used them last year.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2006, 03:32 PM   #6
Misty Blue

Default CH boat ramp

Dire14:

0900 on a Sat. should be no problem. There should be dock space to give you timer to dump the trailer.

There is a $10 launch fee if there is someone there to collect it. If so, do make sure that the attendant is a town employee. A few years ago an enterprising college student with chutzpah was collecting the fees, helping to launch and even giving out recipts. It turns out that he was a freelancer!

Good luck!

Misty Blue
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:39 PM   #7
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default I second that

Center Harbor at 9 am should be no problem......I would also say being early like that you also may find no one there yet taken money......

Not that I launched my boat at that ramp....but I remember that guy Misty mentions....he certainly pulled it off very well.....cause I didn't know....till I just read it.........
Old 06-19-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
dire14

thanks everyone you have been very helpful, now I have that off my mind it's time to focus on catching some trophy smallmouth lol.