Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-28-2004, 10:57 AM   #1
Mr. V

Default UFO sightings

I recall vacationing at the lake about 25 to 30 years ago; one night while looking at the stars from the boathouse we saw a UFO.

Our camp is near the Gilford/West Alton border.

There was a solid, yellow white light, much brighter than any star, seemingly north of Diamond Island, fairly low.

It stayed stationary for well over 5 minutes, then began to drift south slowly; it suddenly picked up speed and sped away, silently and unbelievably quickly to the south.

Within this time frame, as I recall, the newspaper reported that a couple of State Police officers were on I-93 stakeout and they saw a UFO.

It hovered over them, and they reported being able to make it come closer or recede via turning their lights on.

My question: do any of the posters (other than my sister, of course, who was with me) recall these or similar UFO sightings from about this time frame?

I tried to search news archives, but couldn't find data that far back.

Thanks...
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:12 PM   #2
GTO

Default ufo

Actually a true story. They landed in Meredith (Sands of Brookhurst area) and are still spotted from time to time. They only come out at night and are not very friendly.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:34 AM   #3
dpg

Ever notice that since the explosion of camera phones and camcorders UFO sightings are way down? Kind of ironic, isn't it?

DPG
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:41 PM   #4
Mr. V

"Ever notice that since the explosion of camera phones and camcorders UFO sightings are way down? Kind of ironic, isn't it?"

Irony is in the eye of the beholder.

As was the UFO sighting...
Old 06-30-2004, 07:23 PM   #5
Skip

Exclamation NH law governing UFO spottings..RSA 699:4

This is the particular New Hampshire RSA that covers UFOs.....

TITLE LXII
CRIMINAL CODE
CHAPTER 699
FALSIFICATION IN OFFICIAL UFO MATTERS
Section 699:4
699:4 False UFO Reports to Law Enforcement. – A person is guilty of a misdemeanor if he:
I. Knowingly gives or causes to be given false information about Unidentified Flying Objects to any law enforcement officer with the purpose of inducing such officer to believe that a Unidentified Flying Object has visited the State; or
II. Knowingly gives or causes to be given information to any law enforcement officer concerning the arrival of an Unidentified Flying Object, or the danger from an Unidentified Flying Object, knowing that the arrival or danger did not occur or exist or knowing that he has no information relating to the arrival or danger.
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2004, 08:20 PM   #6
Joe Kerr

Red face Skip comes through with more great information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
This is the particular New Hampshire RSA that covers UFOs.....
TITLE LXII
CRIMINAL CODE
CHAPTER 699
FALSIFICATION IN OFFICIAL UFO MATTERS
Section 699:4
Skip,

Just a few questions:

1) Do any of the RSA's mention the severity of penalties based on the intent of the approaching alleged UFOs? Like if they are waving an oxygen mask (or whatever they may or may not breath) as if asking to see mine (or Diver Grant's) air supply?

2) If we make a report of any identified flying object (i.e. I saw a flying saucer) is that a loophole in that particular criminal code? So we could make a report as long as it was an identified rather than an unidentified object we report ?

3) What about reports to officers of UFOs other than those "visiting the state"? How are they treated? What if they are here on a mission and not a visit?

4) How often do the authorities in NH receive real UFO sightings?

5) How often do authorities in NH receive false UFO sighting reports?

6) Do they do a blood alcohol count on people reporting visiting UFOs?

Thanks in advance - and thanks for the information

(I believe everything I read).

Last edited by Joe Kerr; 06-30-2004 at 08:30 PM.
Joe Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:40 PM   #7
madrasahs

Exclamation Resistance is futile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg
Ever notice that since the explosion of camera phones and camcorders UFO sightings are way down? Kind of ironic, isn't it?
People are still trying to document their UFO sightings with camera phones and camcorders, but the UFOs erase the images. That's why UFO sightings are down.

(UFOs use "cosmic-force transmitters" to accomplish this -- no Earth countermeasure has been devised to date).
madrasahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 06:18 AM   #8
Mee-n-Mac

Wink It's a Gov't conspiracy I tell ya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V
"Ever notice that since the explosion of camera phones and camcorders UFO sightings are way down? Kind of ironic, isn't it?"

Irony is in the eye of the beholder.

As was the UFO sighting...
Little known but true fact is that all digicams and recent camcorders come with the "U chip" built in per US legislation. Similar to the V chip which doesn't let you watch certain TV programs, the U chip recognizes when the image contains a UFO and prohibits the image from being recorded. It's effective 99% of the time so for now we'll have to use old fashioned film based cameras to record UFOs in action.
As we all know this is because our Gov't has secretly agreed to allow the aliens to conduct operations (abductions) in exchange for their technology. The hacker community is working hard to crack the U chip so it's just a matter of time before we have more pics of UFOs. But now we have an apparent lull in their sightings. Don't be fooled !
----------------------------------------
I saw it on the Internet. It must be true.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:36 AM   #9
Mr. V

Cute.

I posted a serious thread, based on a perceived event; all I sought was a comment of two, like "Hey, I remember reading about those guys," or "Dang, I saw that too."

But no, everyone starts posting their B-list Stand Up material.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
Old 07-01-2004, 10:36 AM   #10
dpg

Default huh???

Say what?
Old 07-01-2004, 02:17 PM   #11
Mr. V

OK, I'll try that again.

My initial query about the UFO sighting was meant (hoped?) to elicit constructive comment, not the raft of nonsense that ensued.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:56 PM   #12
Mee-n-Mac

Lightbulb OK, try this Mr V ....

Quote:
OK, I'll try that again.

My initial query about the UFO sighting was meant (hoped?) to elicit constructive comment, not the raft of nonsense that ensued.
See if this floats your boat more gently. I looked in the archives but nobody "here" has mentioned it (or any UFO) in the last 5 or so years. While I find the topic interesting, I don't find it enough so that I follow what websites track such things. I do know such sites exist though and a quick Google search turned up this http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/023/S23414.html
Not the event you mention but similar. Perhaps they, or some other similar site, has an archive you can search and/or a forum, where you can inquire, as well.

ps - Nonsense you say ?!? I thought we were up to B list stuff

pps - Looking back at the posts I see some good natured fun and nothing that comes close to derision of either you or your experience or even the topic. Try to see that and , not grrrrrrrrrrrrrwl

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 07-01-2004 at 04:12 PM. Reason: English is my secondary language, Martian my primary
Mee-n-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 04:38 PM   #13
Zeke

Mr. V,
You can't expect to post on a subject such as UFOs, and expect serious answers. It's not a serious subject. You might as well hit on subjects such as the Yeti, crystal or magnet therapy, psychics and such. All such concepts are based in ignorance and lack proof of credibility. They are almost always defended with the argument of, "what other explanation could there be" , rather than a scientificly viable answer. I think your chances of any level headed responses are slim. I think your best hope is, " damned, I saw that too, I have no idea what it was."
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:23 PM   #14
Mee-n-Mac

Default To be fair ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
Mr. V,
You can't expect to post on a subject such as UFOs, and expect serious answers. It's not a serious subject. You might as well hit on subjects such as the Yeti, crystal or magnet therapy, psychics and such. All such concepts are based in ignorance and lack proof of credibility. They are almost always defended with the argument of, "what other explanation could there be" , rather than a scientificly viable answer. I think your chances of any level headed responses are slim. I think your best hope is, " damned, I saw that too, I have no idea what it was."
To be fair to the topic (and Mr V) I would say the subject (UFOs as alien space craft) is not often taken too seriously, as you say, because of the lack of scientific evidence. That said, it's a reasonable enough topic IMHO. Ask most educated people if they think there's life elsewhere in the universe (or our own galaxy) and they say "yes" (and correctly so I'd say). Ask if Earth has been visited (or could be) and while some people will say "sure", most science minded people will say "err, I don't think so". Many of the reasons given have a strong bias for biology similar to our own (too far, too much time, no food, etc) but I have no doubt that Life has more ways to exist than our carbon based experiences. So I believe it's theoretically possible for alien spacecraft to visit here (but highly improbable). I don't think it's at all likely that it's happened to date (some truly intriguing stories aside).
Old 07-02-2004, 03:09 AM   #15
Mr. V

I suspect the event was human based, probably some type of prototype skunkworks aircraft testing event, or the like.

Odd that it was soundless, especially as it sped away, well within the range of my hearing.

Then again, the government only lets us know what *they* think we need to know.

But the astounding thing was the account in the paper from the cops, who obviously had a more personal and detailed "encounter" than did I.

They would seem credible reporters, but I recall no follow up, no demand to investigate.

It was like the whole thing was squelched...and quickly forgotten.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:09 AM   #16
Alago Shang

Default ufo

I saw a ufo over the lake once. As I watched a bright light move slowly over Alton Bay my heart raced thinking I was having a close encounter. When the object turned abruptly and sped away at a higher speed, I was disappointed to see it was just a small plane flying at night. There are ufos. But they are all from this planet. You have to be a real idiot to believe that beings from other solar systems visit us just to make our life interesting.
Alago Shang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:13 AM   #17
dpg

The real idiot part, that would be Mr. V
Old 07-08-2004, 12:11 PM   #18
Zee

Default Is that really necessary?

DPG - Was that comment really necessary or relevant to the discussion? I have seen you express disdain for Mr. V on another thread. Please spare us your opinion of individuals, since I don't believe that is the purpose of this forum. We can all disagree with sentiment, comments, findings, etc. but please keep the character assasinations to yourself!
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 08:09 PM   #19
gravy boat

Default Tsk, Tsk DPG

Perhaps others saw the same thing that night. Or perhaps others have seen something else they cannot explain.

Let's think about this: Fact: the universe is larger than our little galaxy
Fact: our galaxy has at least one planet that sustains life
Fact: there are more solar systems in the universe than there are stars in our galaxy

It's egotistical and ignorant to believe that Earth is the only life-sustaining planet in the universe. Life as YOU know it, maybe. But life in general?

Enjoy the weekend!
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:40 PM   #20
mr1drfl

Default solar systems

My grade school science teacher stated that there are more solar systems in the universe than there are grains of sand in the world!
mr1drfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 10:43 PM   #21
Skipper

Arrow Illegal Aliens visiting the Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy boat
It's egotistical and ignorant to believe that Earth is the only life-sustaining planet in the universe.
OK then, name another (just kidding) Besides, life-sustaining does not equal life generating or advanced intelligent life and earth may be a good example.

So basically we are talking about potentially illegal aliens coming to the Lake and maybe a cover-up. If they were legal aliens they would have gone through customs and had their paperwork inspected, right? There would be a permanent record of their presence in the area.

As people have told Mr. V. before, the lakes region attracts all kinds. Mr. V. recalls sighting a UFO 25 or 30 years ago from his (or his family's) camp near the Gilford/West Alton border. He claims that he comes to vacation at the camp at least a few weeks every summer. We must assume that he has been familiar with the area for over 30 years. Interesting that he saw a UFO here 25 yrs ago but does not know about racism in the area whoops, that's thread mixing.

Have those interested parties (like Mr. V.) tried looking at the police records and archives from that time period? Maybe later this month while here on vacation Mr. V. could take a rainy day and visit some old record libraries and archives. Items he can not access on-line.

If someone/something landed in your back yard and said, "take me to your leader", could you do it? Think about it....

Learn to be a real Skipper, click HERE and learn more.
Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:50 AM   #22
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper
If someone/something landed in your back yard and said, "take me to your leader", could you do it? Think about it....
I would tell him/her/it No problem, my wife will be back from shopping in a few minutes.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:59 PM   #23
CableBob

MrV. Way back in the late 60's sightings were very common. The folks at the camp we stayed at would even gather together and watch the night sky for UFo's. It became such a regular occurance the Klickity Klack model R.R. in Wolfeboro even put a crashsite on the hillside with little green guys around their spaceship.

If anyone doesn't believe that their COULD be life on another planet in another solar system then I say good for you. as for me well....

We'll make great pets !
CableBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:48 PM   #24
Mr. V

Default "To Serve Man"

Remember this one?

http://members.cox.net/kaiotea/serveman.htm
Old 07-12-2004, 05:45 AM   #25
dpg

Default Answer to Zee

Zee, chill O.K?? As I stated in another thread Mr. Z is a piece of work - is that a bad thing? In my circle of friends your a "piece of work" for being nutty, zany and so on. Besides, such questionable post's have to be planted for a rise from it's readers. Gee, enjoy the rest of the summer and quit holding this forum so close to your heart. Beware, there are people out there who do not hold your beliefs close to their heart....
Old 07-12-2004, 12:08 PM   #26
Zee

Default Answer to dpg

In my circle of friends, "piece of work" is definitely not a compliment. In your circle of friends is "idiot" also a compliment? Mmmmm.....food for thought
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:57 PM   #27
dpg

Default Final Answer To Zee

Not going to battle-post back and forth forever. Don't like my post's? Skip em over in the future! Good Day.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:05 PM   #28
Mr. V

I believe I may do some research on UFO sightings when I arrive 7/27.

I found this:

Early 70's UFO Sighting

Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:24:45 EST
Subject: UFO Report
To:evidence@ufosoveramerica.com

Time of event aprox. summer of 1970. Seen over mountain ranges on the way home from Maine on interstate to Massachusetts. I was looking at the stars from the back of my parents station wagon. The time must have been around 9 or 9:30 PM because it was dark. The sky was very clear and there were no other air craft in the area. Suddenly what looked like a star moved very fast and went from one end of the hemisphere that I could see to the opposite side. I believe it went horizontally from east to west. I watched this UFO for what seemed to be 20-25 min. It traveled from one place to another in split seconds. Another of the same shape then came vertically and joined the first and then a third came and they joined together one on top and two on the bottom like a triangle. They stayed together for about 3-5 min and then all three went up and vanished as fast as you could blink an eye. My aunt who was in the car also saw th! is. The next morning I called the Air Force and they laughed at me! Also these craft had the ability to stop and hover as well as change directions very quickly.

Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Lynne M. - Springfield, Ma.

Not quite the same as I saw, but similar, and the time frame is about right.

Now we're getting somewhere.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:58 PM   #29
gravy boat

Default To Serve Man

Ahh. The good ol' days. Classic Serling!

You really should seek help, Mr. V.

Even if your sister or whatever DID see what you saw, it may take YEARS for her to admit it. And even if she eventually fesses up to the sighting, she may endure similar ridicule as that posted on this thread. Being a local, she may really care what others think of her. Who knows? Maybe you'll see her in analysis someday.

Enjoy your vacation, whatever planet.... ;-)

Gravy
Old 07-15-2004, 12:51 AM   #30
Mr. V

"Ahh. The good ol' days. Classic Serling!"

Yes indeed, gravy. I have long maintained that the Twilight Zone is just a State of Mind.

"You really should seek help, Mr. V."

I came to this board seeking help; I found only sticks and thorns.

"Even if your sister or whatever DID see what you saw, it may take YEARS for her to admit it."

Yes, that girl has issues.

"And even if she eventually fesses up to the sighting, she may endure similar ridicule as that posted on this thread."

She has nothing to fear but fear itself.

"Being a local, she may really care what others think of her."

She ain't local, she's a transplant. Sort of like a new kidney. From New Jersey, no less. The Horror.

"Who knows? Maybe you'll see her in analysis someday."

The only thing she needs to analyze is her motivation for not coming forward to back me up on this UFO sighting.

Perhaps her mind has been probed...

"Enjoy your vacation, whatever planet.... ;-)"

I will close with an apt Chinese curse; "May you live in interesting times."
Old 07-15-2004, 05:33 AM   #31
dpg

geez, and people have called me harsh...nuf said
Old 07-19-2004, 11:00 AM   #32
GTO

Default MEE & MAC

A little bit away from the subject but.....this one is for Mee & Mac. From previous posts I read that you grew up in the merideth area (Sands of Brookhurst area). Are you still located in that area?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:44 AM   #33
Mee-n-Mac

Default Not any more ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
A little bit away from the subject but.....this one is for Mee & Mac. From previous posts I read that you grew up in the merideth area (Sands of Brookhurst area). Are you still located in that area?
"Mee" and I are located down in Alton Bay. If you cruise by some night and see 2 idiots in Adirondacks at the end of the dock looking up, they is us. However my parental units still have the same house in Brookhurst from way back when, where they summer, when not wintering in FL.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:01 PM   #34
The Big Kahuna

Default Grover's Mill

Rember the name. My father was there and told me the military came and surrounded the town. Then they called a radio station to create a fake broadcast to cover up what was happening!
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:12 PM   #35
gravy boat

Default Touche, Mr. V.!

Mr. V., you cut me to the quick! Why, if I had a gauntlet, I would throw it down, man!

Perhaps you'll see more than you bargained for on the lake this summer -- based on other threads regarding boneheads taking off from their beach -- you have nothing to fear but the ignorance of others.

Gravy
Old 08-06-2004, 07:07 AM   #36
madrasahs

Arrow "Other Life"? 'Don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1drfl
My grade school science teacher stated that there are more solar systems in the universe than there are grains of sand in the world!
She -- or he -- certainly left you with an impression!

Stars are uncountable. Stars are being made and self-destructing even as I write. Entire galaxies are colliding with one another.

But solar systems (like our Sun and planets) are not as common -- and may be comparatively rare.

Most of the few planets in other solar systems studied are made of superheated gases (like our Jupiter) and not rocky-solid (like Earth and Mars).

Life on Earth has been a testiment to Serendipity. Early life on Earth was struck by repeated large meteor impacts. More than three major impacts led to massive die-offs of Life. Sometimes it was the simple forms like algae, sometimes just marine life. Then it was the dinosaurs' turn.

The impact 65 million years ago killed off the dinosaurs. That was good news for us mammals, none of whom were bigger than a possum back then. Mammal evolution, the fossil record of which is still being pieced together, eventually lead to Homo sapiens.

More good news was that our Solar System has the massive planet of Jupiter, whose huge gravitational pull "vacuumed" stray meteors and comets from striking Earth, stopping the progress of Life -- again. Our one Moon affects Life's progress in both positive -- and mysterious -- ways.

Life "out there" could happen. It could also "have already" happened -- and been extinguished. (And the reason our decades-long efforts to detect other Life in the Cosmos have had futile results).

UFOs are Unidentified Flying Objects.

IFOs are (Identified Flying Objects),
and never make the news.

Homo sapiens enjoys one very lucky collection of Life in the Universe.

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99996236
Old 08-06-2004, 11:29 AM   #37
Mee-n-Mac

Default Moon as a gyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrasahs
Our one Moon affects Life's progress in both positive -- and mysterious -- ways.
One tidbit I collected somewhat recently was that the Moon, being so relatively large wrt the Earth, has a stabilizing effect on the Earth's rotational axis. That is it doesn't wobble as much w/the Moon as it would w/o it (ie - like Mars). Thus our climate is more moderated over geologic time than it otherwise would be. Maid it easier for life here to get a toehold.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:18 AM   #38
madrasahs

Exclamation Check out National Geographic's 100 best photographs"

Quote:
I recall vacationing at the lake about 25 to 30 years ago; one night while looking at the stars from the boathouse we saw a UFO.

There was a solid, yellow white light, much brighter than any star, seemingly north of Diamond Island, fairly low.

It stayed stationary for well over 5 minutes, then began to drift south slowly; it suddenly picked up speed and sped away, silently and unbelievably quickly to the south.

Within this time frame, as I recall, the newspaper reported that a couple of State Police officers were on I-93 stakeout and they saw a UFO.

It hovered over them, and they reported being able to make it come closer or recede via turning their lights on.

My question: do any of the posters (other than my sister, of course, who was with me) recall these or similar UFO sightings from about this time frame?

I tried to search news archives, but couldn't find data that far back.
Sorry, I have no recollection of your sighting ; however, National Geographic's "Our One-Hundred Best Photographs", shows a pair of lasers crossing in the sky, intentionally creating a "Fake Star".

If those lasers were moved in synchronicity, it would appear as a moving "star", and could adjust it's "speed" by just directing one of the two sources!

(Turning on headlights would affect its "apparent" brilliance).
Old 01-15-2005, 09:16 PM   #39
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking UFO's Near The Lake

Could this be what Mr. V is reffering to?

from the UFO Files...

1947: EX-FIGHTER PILOT SPOTS UFO OVER NEW HAMPSHIRE

(Here's another actual UP news story from the big UFO Flap of 1947. Enjoy!)

Portsmouth, N.H. (UP) -- Thomas M. Dale, son of Gov. Charles M. Dale of New Hampshire and president of Yankee Airways today (July 8, 1947) was among the saucer-spotters.

The former World War II flier said he saw a "mysterious flying object--a long, thin metal thing going about 700 miles an hour--" as he was making an air trip from Laconia to Wolfeboro early last night (July 7, 1947).

Dale said he saw the object when he looked down over Alton Bay. It was flying east towards Wolfeboro, he said, apparently motorless and pilotless. He said it looked like a gray solid metal material flying at 1,000 feet. His plane was flying at 2,800 feet when he spotted the projectile, he said.

Corroborating his statement was A.B. Skinner of the Lakes Region Flying Service at Wolfeboro, who said he saw the object pass overhead in an easterly direction at about the same time Dale reported seeing the object." (See the Keene, N.H. Sentinel for July 9, 1947, page 1.)

UFO Over New Hampshire Article

Last edited by Rattlesnake Gal; 01-15-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 09:21 PM   #40
Rattlesnake Gal

Wink NH Has First UFO Photo?

1870's Mt. Washington photo - could this be the earliest photograph of a UFO?
Been finding a lot of strange stuff lately!

Last edited by Rattlesnake Gal; 01-15-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:45 PM   #41
Rattlesnake Gal

Smile Gilford too!

Gilford
July 1, 1978 A Police Officer from the Town of Gilford reported observing a number of objects in the sky from a high land observation point called Liberty Hill. The objects appeared to be in a perfect formation flashing lights back and forth between them as they hovered stationary in the sky. After work, this officer met with another officer from the town of Tilton and they sat on the edge of Interstate 93 for approximately 2 hours watching these objects that were mostly stationary in the sky, flashing lights back and forth. Finally the objects flew South over I-93 and they communicated this information via radio to NH State Police Headquarters and they acknowledged the objects were over their location. The next morning those officers were instructed to not speak about this incident again as it might cause panic among the population of the towns and State. - NUFORC

Another in Alton Bay!
November 24, 1998 a report of 2 people seeing a bright light hovering over the vicinity of the Belknap mountain range. The light began to perform some very erratic maneuvers, while blinking on and off. They observed this phenomenon for approximately 5 to 10 minutes before the light disappeared. - NUFORC

Wolfeboro!
May 15, 1999 Witnesses report seeing a bright white light moving silently and speedily across a clear night sky changing directions. The light moved from points east to points south, almost the entire field of view. It then made a sudden 45 degree turn and cut straight across the sky, passing directly overhead and continuing until it was out of their field of view. It appeared to be very high in the sky. - NUFORC

New Hampshire UFO Reports Page

Last edited by Rattlesnake Gal; 01-15-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #42
el marko

Default UFO Sightings

[/INDENT]Mr. V. Perhaps you have not thought of this concept : UFOs would not need to have running lights due to the fact that they do not need them. Should UFOs exist, they would surely have the technology to navigate without being seen. Those accounts of UFOs which were allegedly seen without auxillary lights would seem, to me, to be more reliable.
el marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:18 PM   #43
el marko

Default UFO Sightings

[/INDENT]Mr. V. Perhaps you have not thought of this concept : UFOs would not need to have running lights due to the fact that they do not need them. Should UFOs exist, they would surely have the technology to navigate without being seen. Those accounts of UFOs which were allegedly seen without auxillary lights would seem, to me, to be more reliable.
el marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #44
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default UFO from the Broads

I lived on the Broads on the Gilford side, south of Lake shore park from 1964 to about 1980. I have seen many what I'm sure were UFO sightings at night. People lead me to believe they were shooting stars or satelites at night. Thet does not explain the hovering and the quick turns that I see. They are usually at a distance. I have not seen one close up nor have I seen one land. I'm glad there is some truth to this..............................
Old 02-18-2005, 07:48 PM   #45
trfour

Post UFOs from Mt. Shaw

One of many great vantage points to view UFOs around the Lake.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo...at=500&page=14

Check this photo out, looking to the south over the Lake toward Gilford.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:33 PM   #46
BelieverOnLakeWinnisquam

Red face

undefinedundefinedundefined
Quote:
Cute.

I posted a serious thread, based on a perceived event; all I sought was a comment of two, like "Hey, I remember reading about those guys," or "Dang, I saw that too."

But no, everyone starts posting their B-list Stand Up material.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
Mr. V,
Here, possibly, is the serious reply you requested:

August 11, 1974: "Tilton Police Department dispatch a recording during an incident of a domed disc approaching a police car. As the officers signaled the object, it began to signal back. Before the incident was over, three serarate UFO's were observed. Voices on tape include officers from Tilton, Belmont and Gilford."
This info. can be found on: http://www.ufoinfo.com/ufobooks/copsandsaucers.shtml

I am new to this forum. I have documented, from many sources, over 385 sightings in NH, from presently and going back to 1870.
I would like to find other people in NH that have had real sightings, and
document as many as I can.
BelieverOnLakeWinnisquam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:44 AM   #47
Rattlesnake Gal

Question I Wasn't Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieverOnLakeWinnisquam
Mr. V,
Here, possibly, is the serious reply you requested:
You cannot have a UFO thread without a little levity. It's the nature of the beast.
Look closer, there are serious posts here.
Maybe your new thread will get you more results for your book.

Last edited by Rattlesnake Gal; 10-19-2005 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:49 AM   #48
Lady Di

Default I don't know about others, but

Quote:
OK, I'll try that again.

This is the most fun I've seen here in a long time. Nice to have some levity
for a change.

Too much talk of SERIOUS things.

How are you all faring from the floods, BTW?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:13 AM   #49
Lady Di

Default I don't know about "UFO's", but I think I can spot at troll....

Interesting how most of this "discussion" is between new posters...

not that new posters shouldn't have opinions, but such a controversial subject? Or subjects? Turkish transplants...

Just seems here to be stirring things up. Must be the summer is really over, and somebody needs to find a new hobby????

JMHO......
Old 10-19-2005, 09:44 PM   #50
Lady Di

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg
geez, and people have called me harsh...nuf said
Don't feel bad, I have been told to stay on topic. This is a "LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE FORUM, AND WE TALK ONLY ABOUT LAKE RELATED ISSUES!"

SO.....I suppose that some will squawk that this IS a Lake issue, but I still see it as just a way to cause dissedence. Oh well, just an outsider's view.....
Old 10-20-2005, 03:18 AM   #51
Mee-n-Mac

Talking No troll under that bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Di
Interesting how most of this "discussion" is between new posters...
not that new posters shouldn't have opinions, but such a controversial subject? Or subjects? Turkish transplants...
Just seems here to be stirring things up. Must be the summer is really over, and somebody needs to find a new hobby????
JMHO......
I don't know, seems to me that way back when Mr V asked the question he was just curious to see if anyone else had seen the same or similar things. And certainly, as BOLW pointed out in the more recent thread, others have. Now there are no doubt better sites, dedicated to such things, were such discussions would be more fruitful but I don't think either one was "trolling" for trouble. The responses varied, there was some kiddin around (and a few unnecessary nasty comments) but then some helpful info followed. As I said originally, I find the topic interesting though not enough to follow it rabidly. I do recall watching for satellites a couple of years ago and seeing something odd in the sky (2 points of light like satelites, one trailing and offset from the other). Nothing was listed in the database for that time and so I'm not sure what it/they were. I couldn't figure any good reason somebody would put 2 satellites in such close proximity to each other so to me they were unidentified. My best guess was some sort of military launch releasing a satellite but hey, I don't know for sure. I do know I'd need more proof before I'd believe they were alien spacecraft but I'm a pretty skeptical kind of guy
Old 10-24-2005, 12:50 AM   #52
Live Free or Die

Default I like the topic...

I think it is cool and interesting, one thing is for sure, you can talk about it here......you gotta think, when we were monkeys, did we think that something more intellegent than us existed?? Of course not, so being the monkeys that we have evolved into now (called humans) it is only natural to think there is nothing out there more intellegent than we are now, but still we cant overcome war, disease, homelessness, hunger, racisim, greed and the desire to feel superior to the common man. It scares the devil out of most people to think there could be something out there that has checked up on us from time to time, cause that would mean that they understood the value of teamwork, and the art of a society being one for the betterment of life as a whole. Thoughts that we havent mastered yet, and probably never will. Just some thoughts.

Plus, if you lived in a world a million light years from here, made up of carbon and noble gasses, and picked Winnipesaukee for a vacation, you wouldnt be much different than the people in the smog filled cities around our beautiful country that do the same......just wouldnt have to travel as far!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 09:26 AM   #53
Bald Peak Clubber

Smile I must say I'd love to see a UFO

I think it would be splendid to be able to witness first-hand such a real sighting. Especially if they'd stop a moment to chat about how they can get such great mileage without using petrol.
Bald Peak Clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:11 PM   #54
jkjoshuatree

Lightbulb A Little...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
Mr. V,

narrow-minded. Crystal or magnet therapy most certainly does work and before you come to a conclusion about the Yeti, think about this...people are always saying "if Bigfoot is real, than why doesn't anyone ever find their corpses?". Bears (which number in the hundreds of thousands in this country alone) are very seldom found dead.

You seem to be the ignorant one. Open your mind...it will do you wonders.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:17 AM   #55
Mr. V

While I can accept as likely that I saw some sort of "black" or secret government / military project that night, I find such a cause more difficult to reconcile with the sighting reported by police officers.

They reported being in close proximity to an unknown flying object, and I cannot help but wonder what kind of idiot pilot, flying a secret government project at night, would risk exposure via such cowboy maneuvers.

Ah well, what's life without a bit of mystery?
Old 10-28-2005, 04:45 PM   #56
Rattlesnake Gal

Arrow Weirs Times Article

There was an article in The Weirs Times back on UFO's.
You can view this archived story by clicking here. It is the March 3rd issue.

Hmm. Mr. V started this thread back in June of 04.
I post the link to the 1870's Mt. Washington UFO on January 15th and the article shows up on March 3rd. Pretty cool.