Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts
Default Moultonborough Transfer Station

After doing our annual spring basement cleanup, I left the transfer station with quite an impression. The place is spotless, perfectly organized and run like successful private business. The people who work there really care about their work and believe in their mission. I was there a fairly long time making the rounds of the various recycling areas and noticed that the entire staff goes out of their way to be helpful. I saw them rush to help an elderly gentleman that was struggling with a heavy load. When you pull in a with a trailer or truck load, very often they will jump right in to help you.
It helps them a lot if you get everything separated and ready to recycle, especially on busy weekend days......best transfer station in NH.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
RLW

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
After doing our annual spring basement cleanup, I left the transfer station with quite an impression. The place is spotless, perfectly organized and run like successful private business. The people who work there really care about their work and believe in their mission. I was there a fairly long time making the rounds of the various recycling areas and noticed that the entire staff goes out of their way to be helpful. I saw them rush to help an elderly gentleman that was struggling with a heavy load. When you pull in a with a trailer or truck load, very often they will jump right in to help you.
It helps them a lot if you get everything separated and ready to recycle, especially on busy weekend days......best transfer station in NH.
If you have the best, I believe Alton has the second best as it operated in the same manner and me being handicaped, they are always right there to give a hand or at least ask if they can help.
Thanks to all the Alton transfer station workers....
Old 05-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
dpg

Quote:
You need to have a talk with my wife. She has so much crap in the basement at home I can't move down there anymore.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post:
songkrai (05-29-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #4
songkrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
You need to have a talk with my wife. She has so much crap in the basement at home I can't move down there anymore.
Yes, some of us have this issue. It is sometimes difficult to throw or give away anything that has a potential value - real or imagined.

Someone mentioned to me that if item has not been used in the past 10 years - then dispose of it. Either charity or recycling center.

Some of the better towns provide an area where good stuff still serviceable can be sold or swapped or given away.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
Lucky1

Quote:
But I still miss the row of sea gulls that used to sit that wall of dirt that would be plowed over the garbage and dive for food before the garbage was covered!
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2012, 05:39 AM   #6
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Thumbs up Great Job

The staff at the Moultonborough WMF are great- thanks to Scott Greenwood, Ken, Richard, Ralph and Dennis (who always has a treat ready for Steeler or any other dog). I know that I am missing the names of a couple of new PT staff- sorry!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #7
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

I agree. A while back I would not have, as I called them the dump police and some called them the dump Nazis.....But the last few times I was there they were actually quite friendly and gave me some advice on how to better sort things I was not aware needed sorting. But the last time was with an old propane fire place that i had taken apart and somehow got into my truck by myself. The attendant...sorry don't remember his name...came right down and undid the cable and helped me get everything off my truck with me. Still wonder what the liability factor there is in that, but it was great to see the change.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default Customer Service Oriented

I totally agree that the transfer station has been transformed over the past several years and the new staff are totally helpful, knowledgeable, and customer service oriented. Pleasure going there! I happen to know Ken because he did some repairs for me on our outhouse, and also repaired one of my dining room chairs. He is awesome! Years ago I dreaded going to the transfer station because of the surly dump police.....my entire experience has changed!
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #9
dpg

I don't use the place but hopefully someone tells them about the rave reviews their getting here. Should only give reason for them to keep up the good work.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #10
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
I totally agree that the transfer station has been transformed over the past several years and the new staff are totally helpful, knowledgeable, and customer service oriented. Pleasure going there! I happen to know Ken because he did some repairs for me on our outhouse, and also repaired one of my dining room chairs. He is awesome! Years ago I dreaded going to the transfer station because of the surly dump police.....my entire experience has changed!
I agree Redwing, I myself had stopped using the dump, oops sorry transfer station several years ago because of bad experiences. Of course the fact that I had a truck and a local dump which was a much nicer experience helped with that decision. However as I no longer have the truck, I have started using the dump again. I have been very impressed.

When I stopped using the dump it was because I felt as though my trash was being inspected, and one mistake, and one recyclable item in the trash was going to land me in dump jail...

But as others in this thread have pointed out, it is now a much kinder, more friendly place now, I don't see any of the old trouble makers anymore. I also feel that they have become much more reasonable with how much they charge.