Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs up Moultonboro Snowmobile Club March/April Newsletter

Moultonboro Snowmobile Club
John Harrington
774-219-1886

03-25-2012

I realize that for snowmobile club members and riders, this was a disappointing year- I don’t think anyone saw this winter coming! Regardless of the weather, the club had a relatively good year. We were able to purchase a new to us piece of grooming equipment, revamped our website and really re-energized the social side of the club. As we move toward summer and our final club meeting and elections (May 5), we wish you and your families a fun and safe summer!

Volunteer Opportunities/ MSC Leadership: Like all snowmobile clubs in NH, the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club officers and directors are all volunteers. Each year the club officers and some directors are elected or re-elected by the members. We are currently forming the slate for the election to be held in May. If you would like to throw your hat into the ring for any of the positions (President, VP, Treasurer, Secretary, or Director (2 positions being voted on)), please contact me or any other club officer or director. We meet monthly to conduct club business and each director is assigned tasks throughout the season to ensure that our trails and landowner relations remain in good shape! Please see our club website moultonborosmc.org for contact information. We appreciate all of our club volunteers; you make the club what it is!

Thank you: A special thank you to Brian Hall, our appointed trail administrator for his work in securing the grant for our new to us Tucker. Normally, Brian would have been also been busy processing grooming aid requests, but with the lack of snow…
Trail Maps: This was a big issue for the club this year and I realize that many members have pre-ordered and paid for updated maps. We finished the map late in the season and sent it in for printing. The proof we received to review prior to printing was blurry. It was better than our current map, but Paul and I discussed it, looked at it, and decided that we were going to seek a new background. We looked at every trail map that each of us had in our bags and reached out to the map company that we felt had the best graphics and are having the maps reset on that background. I promise you will be happy with the end results. We will be sending something extra along with your maps to those who have waited patiently!

Groomer: We purchased a 1997 Tucker 1000 Groomer and 16 foot drag to replace our Track Truck. The new to us Tucker was located on the Balmoral/ Suissevale/ Skelley’s section of our trail system but has been moved to our club garage for summer storage (thanks to Rod MacDonald and Doug Murphy). Rod was able to modify our club garage to fit a Tucker inside. Our 1997 Tucker will be in our garage and the 2009 Tucker will be garaged by Don Lemien (again- thanks Don!).

Social Activities (section by Cathy Erving, Social Director):
The lack of snow certainly hasn’t seen a lack of social fun this season! The highly successful Christmas Party was outdone by our 1st Annual “Winter Blues - No Snow Dinner” (hopefully the “no-snow” part isn’t annual!!) . We had 67 people in attendance enjoying the great Italian Buffet , not to mention the awesome appetizers and desserts brought by members. An extra, special THANK YOU to Steve Janaitis for supplying most of the meal, and to the many members who helped with the set-up, serving, and clean-up! I couldn’t have pulled it off without you.

While filling our bellies with great food and enjoying everyone’s company, we also managed to hold a door prize drawing, silent auction, 50/50 raffle, and pass a donation basket. The door prizes of a MSC Chambray shirt (highly desired by all!), baseball cap, and winter hat were raffled. New members Michael and Sherry Weener won the shirt! The silent auction proceeds totaled $140.00 (some AMAZING deals were had!). The 50/50 Raffle was won by new members, Al and Susan Solomon who generously donated the winnings back to the club! Thank you Al and Susan! Our total take from the 50/50 was $70. The total proceeds for the evening were $352.08! Thanks to all for your support! FYI, we have about 20 chambray shirts in various sizes for sale for $30 each, if anyone is interested. I am looking into having more made if there is a big enough demand for them.

We would like to formally welcome ALL of this year’s new members to MSC! We would love to see you at our annual meeting/BBQ. We never want any member to feel like a wallflower at any of our gatherings. Please feel free to contact me, Cheryl Higgins (membership chairperson), or any Board Member. We will personally greet you with a smile, make you feel welcome and introduce you to our fantastic members. That is exactly what some of our new members did for the Winter Blue’s dinner, and we are so glad they did! You will be too, so come join us at our next event!

Looking ahead, we have the annual meeting on May 5th. The Board thought it would be fun to have a club Barbeque to end the season on a high note while also holding elections. If you are able to help with setup, cooking, donation of grills, or just have some great ideas you’d like to share…PLEASE drop me a line. I’m always available to hear your thoughts. An email with the details will be coming in the next week so please keep that date open so you can join us!

HAPPY SPRING TO ALL!!!
Cathy Erving 603-630-3333 Nhseawidow@metrocast.net
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote