Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
psherry

Default Boat Ramp Recommendation Near Moultonborough Neck Rd

Hi,

I am heading up to the Lake in a few weeks, staying at a rental home on the water and plan on docking my boat at the house all week. I am looking to find where the closest public boat ramp\launch is located.

I am staying on Moultonborough Neck. The house is located on Wentworth Shores, across the water from Suissevale. I will be parking the trailer at our house, so I am just looking for a location to launch the boat. The closer to the house the better so 'assistant' doesn't have to drive the trailer too far.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
psherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
Lakegeezer

Default States Landing

You should be able to put in at the States Landing, near Suissevale. An alternate option is Lees Mills ramp. Both are owned by the town and there is no fee for launching.
psherry (07-14-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
psherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
You should be able to put in at the States Landing, near Suissevale. An alternate option is Lees Mills ramp. Both are owned by the town and there is no fee for launching.
Thanks for the quick reply...I am familiar with the States Landing Ramp and the Suissevale Ramp, but was hoping to find a dock closer to our house. The drive from the house to Suissevale is 12 miles even though it is in sight of the house.

The closest ramp I know of is Lee's Mill. I guess I will use this if there is nothing closer.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
Lakegeezer

Default Long Island Ramp?

There is another free landing just over the Long Island bridge, on the left side. This will be a longer boat trip to where you are staying, but a shorter trailer drive in less traffic. I'm deeper down the neck than Wentworth Shores and use Lees Mills. If there is a public ramp closer, I haven't found it in over 20 years.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #5
DickR

If you put in at Lee's Mill, you've got a long ride with tricky navigating to get to really open water at the lower end of Moultonborough Bay. If it were me, I'd put in at the SE end of the town beach at Long Island, as mentioned. You've got the marina right under the bridge for gas if needed, and plenty of open water on either side so you're into boating, not poking along, practically right off the launch. The only down side is that between Memorial and Labor Days you can't park the trailer there. You'd have to drive back up the Neck Road to the fire station just below JoJo's store. You can leave the trailer there and drive back to the beach, as long as you have the beach/dump sticker on the car (and there is room to park).
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #6
Newbiesaukee

If you go a little further down the neck onto Long Island there is a public ramp at Harilla's with trailer parking along the road.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #7
CL 240 LS

Default Lee's mills

We are off Wentworth Shore Rd. and have always used Lee's Mill, as do our neighbors.

The ramp at Long Island is somewhat shallow as the level get low.
CL 240 LS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CL 240 LS For This Useful Post:
psherry (07-15-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #8
dave603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
There is another free landing just over the Long Island bridge, on the left side. This will be a longer boat trip to where you are staying, but a shorter trailer drive in less traffic. I'm deeper down the neck than Wentworth Shores and use Lees Mills. If there is a public ramp closer, I haven't found it in over 20 years.
When is a longer boat drive but shorter trailer drive for someone else a bad thing..That's the BEST part!!!
dave603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
Greene's Basin Girl

Lee's Mills boat ramp would be perfect. It is very close to where you are staying. It is an incredibly longer boat ride from Long Island. Lee's Mills is very very close. If you want help navigating from Lee's Mills PM me and I will lead you there. Be sure to know how to recognize the house you are staying in from the lake. Houses look so different from the water.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
psherry (07-16-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 09:32 AM   #10
psherry

Default Thanks, I think I have my answer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
Lee's Mills boat ramp would be perfect. It is very close to where you are staying. It is an incredibly longer boat ride from Long Island. Lee's Mills is very very close. If you want help navigating from Lee's Mills PM me and I will lead you there. Be sure to know how to recognize the house you are staying in from the lake. Houses look so different from the water.
Thanks to all for the responses. It looks like I will use Lee's Mill to launch my boat next week.

GBG: Thanks for the offer. I am actually pretty familiar with the water routes in and out of Lee's. I have taken the kids to the Loon Center the past few years. Also, thanks for the tip on being able to identify the house from the water. I think I will get some help, I am sure the kiddos that are staying at the house will let me know when they see me. :-)
Old 07-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #11
Greene's Basin Girl

Have a wonderful vacation! Give me a shout out when you go by our place.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote