Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
LastonBoard

Default Center Harbor Boat Launch

Anyone know what work is being done at the Center Harbor boat launch? Hopefully the launch will not be closed for any length of time.
LastonBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
Just Sold

Might have nothing to do with the launch ramp. They may be getting supplies/materials and loading them on the barge for some work elsewhere.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
sluggo

they are re- setting the pavers and repairing the wash out from the people that power load there boats. Not sure how long that will take to complete...
sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sluggo For This Useful Post:
LastonBoard (04-29-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #4
AC2717

please keep us updated, I have a date with that launch on the 16th!!
Old 05-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
P-3 Guy

Default Any Update?

Is anyone able to provide an update on the work at the Center Harbor ramp?
P-3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #6
Pine Island Guy

Default looks to be a-ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI Guy View Post
Is anyone able to provide an update on the work at the Center Harbor ramp?
Misty Blue, my wife, and I docked in Center Harbor Sunday for breakfast at Mug by the Bay (always yummy), and it looked like the launch ramp was all set. No equipment around and nothing blocking the launch. There were two trucks with empty boat trailers parked there, so assuming they used the launch that day.

On a side note, the docks have all new decking, nice job!

-PIG

p.s. go for the eggs benedict at MbtB before launching the boat, you'll be all set for the day
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #7
mowtorman

Default CH boat ramp

Has been one of the worst on the lake forever. I think the last time I put in there it was $15 to launch your boat two summers ago. If you get there early enough then you miss the person collecting the launch fees. The docks have had minimal reinvestment, the addition of the protective pilings have reduced the actual dock space available. Large boats often arrive early on Saturdays and Sundays and claim spots as their own for the day. Sat. and Sun. are not days to expect to find a spot and run up to the store in the middle of the day. CH might consider a legitimate reinvestment in their waterfront, using the 2 lane model the state uses (like Winnisquam) which allows room for prelaunch prep. It's amazing how long one person can take to either get their boat in or take it out, especially when they pull out to the level and start doing all their covers and tie downs in front of the ramp. Takes all kinds. Power boat traffic and swimmers mixed together presents constant risk, at least they eliminated the slip closest to the beach from service. Last Sat. bass boats were lined up to Rte. 25 at 7 in the morning for one of their "tournaments". What was funny was to see the same boats pass through Weirs channel a half hour later, I guess none of them stopped to fish between the two places. That means they passed both Meredith and Shep Brown's to launch in Center Harbor and cruise back to Paugus Bay. Whatever floats your boat. Lot easier if your boat is sitting tied up at a dock every time you want to use it for sure.
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #8
LastonBoard

Default CH Ramp

Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to getting up there in three weeks for some smallmouth fishing.

The bass guys will drop in wherever the tournament is starting & finishing.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #9
fatlazyless

U-know the Town of Center Harbor has replaced all the pressure treated lumber on the top surface, the walking deck, of the entire dock system as of last spring-2013, and made a number of other construction repairs-improvements to the entry area fence and grass area, and now this year they are working on the loading ramp .... plus it was actually in pretty good shape prior to the repair work and pretty-danged-nice previously.

One thing that's a little bit unusual is that there is no trash receptacle what-so-ever down there at the Center Harbor town docks, and they apparently just want you to remove your own trash which seems a little unusual.

Isn't paving the roads, public trash receptacles and, replacing old worn-out and cracked, moldy tennis courts (two Center Harbor worn-out, moldy hard surface courts and worn-out plywood hitting backboard) what local NH town government is supposed to be all about?
Old 05-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #10
Showem

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
U-know the Town of Center Harbor has replaced all the pressure treated lumber on the top surface, the walking deck, of the entire dock system as of last spring-2013, and made a number of other construction repairs-improvements to the entry area fence and grass area, and now this year they are working on the loading ramp .... plus it was actually in pretty good shape prior to the repair work and pretty-danged-nice previously.

One thing that's a little bit unusual is that there is no trash receptacle what-so-ever down there at the Center Harbor town docks, and they apparently just want you to remove your own trash which seems a little unusual.

Isn't paving the roads, public trash receptacles and, replacing old worn-out and cracked, moldy tennis courts (two Center Harbor worn-out, moldy hard surface courts and worn-out plywood hitting backboard) what local NH town government is supposed to be all about?
Ever hear the expression: "Carry in Carry out" maybe thats what they had in mind?
Showem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #11
mowtorman

Default CH docks

I love CH, this will be the 48th summer I've used the docks. I love the beach, protected from the wind, just like I love the beach at Long Island because it isn't. Just not my first choice to launch a boat. Amen FLL, couldn't agree with you more. I wish the town would spend a couple of bucks on Bean Road. Beauty of this country is that we have the right to opinions and the freedom to express them. Gonna get warm next few days!
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #12
mhtranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastonBoard View Post
Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to getting up there in three weeks for some smallmouth fishing.

The bass guys will drop in wherever the tournament is starting & finishing.
If you wait that long they will be deep again. They are doing really well right now!!
mhtranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:47 AM   #13
LastonBoard

Is the lake warming that quickly? We were up the same weekend last year and hit them hard up on the flats.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #14
PaugusBayFireFighter

Default A week behind but warming quickly!

Last May 1st the water near me on Paugus hit 50 degrees. The day before that I saw nothing in the water, the next day it was an aquarium and the smallies were biting. I think this year we are about a week behind. I keep walking out on the deck, especially with calm wind and sun, expecting to see the pre spawning near my rocks and wall.
Any time now!
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:12 AM   #15
LastonBoard

Water temp was reported at 44 this morning so you should see them moving up soon.

Although the temp seems to be going up slow this year. Only 2 degree increase in the past 10 days.