Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2004, 09:34 AM   #1
OES General

Default ship wrecks

hey I know it is strange talking about it now but are there any boat on the bottom of old winni

if there is get some pics
Old 03-02-2004, 08:45 AM   #2
Grant

Default Tons

There are loads of boats -- old and new -- on the bottom of the Lake. Many of them are marked on Bizer's map. The most famous of them is the Lady of the Lake, which rests in just 30 feet of water. I have a bunch of pictures of that one, including some shots showing the apparently non-existent school of rock bass that lives on the wreck. Elsewhere, there are cabin cruisers, old steamers, speed boats -- all sorts of fun stuff to visit on the bottom. And soon it will be time to don the wetsuit, strap on a bottle, and resume the hunt for sunken junk! Wooooo-hooooo!
Old 03-02-2004, 12:43 PM   #3
Rattlesnake Gal

Default Re: Tons of Ship Wrecks

Grant,
Can you post your pictures sometime? I would really like to see them. I am sure others would too.
How deep can a diver go down and at what depth do you lose visibility? I have always been curious.
Thanks,
RSG
Old 03-02-2004, 02:44 PM   #4
SIKSUKR

Default Re: Most Challenging Winni Adventure

Hey Grant,I had some friends that just did the Lady last weekend.This is their second year in a row to ice dive the Lady and they had a great time.With the nice weekend we had he said it was actually too warm on the surface while waiting to dive.I am supposed to recieve some photos of the dive.If I do I'll try and post them here if you like. SS