Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-23-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
jrc

Default Saturday Night Boating

I seems like a few people felt like I did and went for a twilight cruise on Saturday. It was a great night for a ride down the channel, no issues with traffic. I'm pretty sure I saw Paugus Bay Boater cruising near the Naswa.

Coming back through the channel, I thought I was going to see one of those amphibious cars, two perfectly spaced headlights were coming right down the channel. When we got closer I was dissapointed to see only a pontoon boat with their docking lights on.

Cruised around FL 1 and down towards the Governors Island bridge. Near the bridge I had my own wrong side of the marker experience. Luckily I saw the depth finder go to 3 feet and then realized the marker on my port was black.

What's up with the lights on the bridge? No red or green lights so on either side.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

JRC, did you call it in to the Marine Patrol, so that they know the lights are off?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
jrc

Thanks, good idea, I just emailed them.

People at my marina said that they have been out for year.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #4
Weekend Pundit

Default Boats running with mooring lights on

I, too , was out early Saturday evening for a quick run over to the Weirs and through the channel. On my way back to Glendale I also saw a boat running with his mooring lights on. I couldn't see what kind of boat it was, but it wouldn't surprise me to find that it was the same guy.

What is up with that, anyway?
Weekend Pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
Paugus Bay Resident

jrc, that was me, just out for a little cruise around the bay. I had the same problem with the lights on the GI bridge a couple of years ago, so I think they've been out for quite some time. If I recall, I got bounced between MP and Gilford in terms of who's responsibility they were. I'll check with the town again.

Lately I've been boating a lot night, and have been averaging a couple of boats per trip that don't have nav lights on. I usually go at putt speed and have radar, so it hasn't been an issue. Last week I saw a guy by Handy Landing and gave him a quick beep and told him his lights weren't on. He said some expletives, gave me the one finger salute and turned his lights on. There was an MP boat on the other side of the bridge, it was tempting but
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links