Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
Camp Island Girl

Question Glendale Overnight Boat Trailer Parking

Hi,

I am looking for some recommendations in the Glendale Public Dock area where I can park my boat's trailer while we are out at the island.

Gilford doesn't allow overnight parking of boat trailers at the public dock's parking lots. The town has a separate lot near the skating rink for the trailers. The lot is always full and there are never any spaces, no matter what day of the week or time of the day it is, from June - September.

I contacted the Town Hall and they are aware of the parking situation, but basically cannot do anything about it at this time. Their recommendation is to find an alternate parking place.

Since, I am sure we are not the only island residents in the Gilford area who have this parking problem, I was wondering what others do?

Thank you for your help.

Camp Island Girl
Camp Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #2
Rockdaddy

I would check out Gilford Self Storage about renting a spot to leave your trailer. It’s located right down the street, behind the VW dealership
That’s what I do since my condo association doesn’t allow trailer in the property. It short money and fairly secure area.
Rockdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #3
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Island Girl
Hi,

I am looking for some recommendations in the Glendale Public Dock area where I can park my boat's trailer while we are out at the island.

Gilford doesn't allow overnight parking of boat trailers at the public dock's parking lots. The town has a separate lot near the skating rink for the trailers. The lot is always full and there are never any spaces, no matter what day of the week or time of the day it is, from June - September.

I contacted the Town Hall and they are aware of the parking situation, but basically cannot do anything about it at this time. Their recommendation is to find an alternate parking place.

Since, I am sure we are not the only island residents in the Gilford area who have this parking problem, I was wondering what others do?

Thank you for your help.

Camp Island Girl
As a Gilford island resident we have never had an issue leaving a trailer overnight in the upper lot for a day or two at a time. Usually we would leave it there for a weekend backed in as far as we could, sometimes with it still attached to our truck and have never had an issue. I have gone as long as a week before.

Glendale Marine will store them for the season for a few hundred bucks, you may be able to work something out with them. I think that the Self Storage is $50 per month. A bit much if you are using it for weekends only but if you are towing the boat far each weekend to use it, you may save some headaches.

Good luck!
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:10 AM   #4
Camp Island Girl

Smile Thank you for the trailer parking suggestions

Thank you both for the suggestions about where to park the boat trailer. I will look into those suggestions. Since we only come up a few weekends and vacation, the least expensive the better!

Thank you again.

Camp Island Girl
Camp Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote