Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2015, 06:12 AM   #1
RUGMAN

Default Shopping for used boat

Looking to start shopping for my first boat, will be looking for a used boat. when are the best deals to be had , in the fall or in early spring. Still undecided about Bow rider or tri-toon.
RUGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:32 AM   #2
HellRaZoR004

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGMAN View Post
Looking to start shopping for my first boat, will be looking for a used boat. when are the best deals to be had , in the fall or in early spring. Still undecided about Bow rider or tri-toon.
Fall is usually the best time. You'll get people that don't want to winterize or store the boat so they may be more willing to sell it for less.
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Last August, we bought a rental that had only been rented out a few times and was sold as new. Got a great deal, plus it included valet service for the remainder of the season and winter storage/spring launch. Was PERFECT for us.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:34 AM   #4
Grant

Timing is everything. I've been trying to unload a nice used 19' bow rider for a couple of years, to no avail, and just today finalized a deal (a very sweet deal for the buyer, IMO). The deals are out there.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:42 AM   #5
Dave R

August is a great time to start looking, IMO. Be patient and choose a lovingly maintained cream-puff.

Consider expanding your search to the Great Lakes (including upstate NY) area if you have not already done so. There are a lot of great fresh water boats that are only 1 to 2 days drive away. Buying one 1000 miles from home can be a fun adventure/vacation opportunity. I bought my current boat in Indiana in 2005 (I was looking for a somewhat rare boat with rare options) and my current truck in Colorado earlier this year (I wanted an older truck with no rust). Bringing them home was fun, both times. That said, I LOVE a road trip/adventure and am the sort that will start a 1500 mile trip on a moment's notice...
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2015, 10:57 AM   #6
That Guy

There's a 14' or 16' Aluminum boat for sale right across from Wolfeboro Town Hall. No idea on asking price or anything though.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:06 AM   #7
Greene's Basin Girl

Many people just look for a used boat at marina's on the lake. Sometimes you will get a better deal at a dealer that is off the water. I would look at Independent Marine in Moultonborough and Ward's Boat Shop in Ossipee. I sold two used boats of mine at both places.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
RUGMAN (07-31-2015)