Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-23-2007, 06:09 AM   #1
Formula260SS

Default First Boat Ride

Hello All:

Took the first Boat ride yesterday, launched at Ames and rode around Rattlesnake, a few small Bergs floating but nothing big. For sure it will all be gone by today. Saw quite a few boats out, some running at speed which I thought was a little crazy with the debris floating around, one Jet Ski was running full out.

A number of Docks took a good hit, my neighbors dock on the island was ripped right off and tossed on top of his breakwater. For sure that big wind last week did it's share of damage. Also noticed a number of small "land slides" around the Island, you could see in many places where the rain had erroded the landscape and shoreline.

Be carefull at the launch ramps, luckily I noticed a 2 x 4 with a bunch of nails in it washed up against the ramp before pulling out. Now that could have been ugly.

Enjoy !!
Formula260SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:54 AM   #2
oliviernh

Default What a Day!

We also took our first boat ride of the year yesterday. Launched at the Rattlesnake Island launch and went to our place on the broads side. The sun and calmness of the lake made it an awesome day. Saw a few boats out and some of my neighbors on Rattlesnake were up. Alot of debris in the water, branches, a few small bergs and some dock pieces. It was a great day for our first trip of the year out to the island!
oliviernh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
20mile

Default Too soon for first boat ride

This past Saturday I ventured out in 20 mile bay. Unfortunately, the ice blew in behind and trapped me out on the lake. After an hour of breaking up the ice with my orr I was able to make it back to my dock. Sunday all of the ice was gone. I should have waited one more day.
Attached Images

20mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
Formula260SS

Default Hate it when that happens

I remember years ago living on a small lake in Salem, NH busting through like that in the fall to get the boat out. For some reason it happened more than once

Thats one for the scrap book
Old 04-26-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
White Rook
Deceased Member

Default Hate it when that happens....

In Salem, NH? It must have been either Canobie Lake or Arlington Pond. Which one was it?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:30 PM   #6
SIKSUKR

Wow 20mile! That's a great photo though!That needs to be framed and go up on the wall in the camp.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:57 PM   #7
SweetCraft

HI Formula260SS,

Thanks for the info regarding your first ride..... Where the docks that got damaged facing South/South East or North North East? Any info you could provide would be appreciated? What part of the island got hit?

Thanks again ... enjoy the season .
SweetCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:57 AM   #8
Formula260SS

Sweetcraft,

They were scattered around the Island, I would say I say @ 6 docks damaged without looking that hard. The LRCT dock was destroyed, it either fell back into the lake before it froze or they never cranked it up. Now that I think for a minuet I'd say more damage on the inland side than the broads side, but like I said I didn't look that hard.

White Rock, it was Shadow Lake on 111, my friend I lived with is still there. Pretty small lake but it was the perfect size for water skiing, 2 laps around and done.

Bring on the warm weather !!!