Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2015, 05:50 AM   #1
RUGMAN

Thumbs up first boat ride

Rented a Benninton tritoon yesterday for the first time, family had a great time, thought I might try a bow rider before I decide which way to go. Boat had a 115 hp, plenty of room and even in the rough chop outside weirs seemed to handle pretty good.
RUGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:32 AM   #2
Dad sold the C * C

That's great, they ride nothing like "old pontoon" boats and it's hard to describe it to some people. It is a lot of money to lay out to rent for a day or so, but when you finally pull the trigger and buy one, that is a much larger $$ commitment. I also liked that I saw how Different boats rode on our dock.

We did purchase a new tri-toon from Winnisquam Marine 2 weeks ago. They took into account that I had rented from them and took a sizable amount off the final price. I wasn't planning it, but I saw one with the layout I wanted; 4 doors and front and back deck space out side the rails. I wouldn't have known this if not trying different boats.

I really liked the bow rider with ski tower, but it's just my wife and I in our 50's and she said she wouldn't take care of me if I " broke myself"

Last edited by Dad sold the C * C; 08-09-2015 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Change would to wouldn't. Big difference :)
Dad sold the C * C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:34 AM   #3
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Beautiful day for a test drive, that's for sure!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:42 AM   #4
RUGMAN

Default first boat ride

A friend of mine just came back from Virgina, bought a 24 ft South bay pontoon with 115 yam. new paid 26k. He drove down to Virginia, stayed over night, came back with it on a new trailer . saved about 10 grand for a two day trip to VA.
whats up with that??
RUGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:00 AM   #5
noreast

If it's a tri-toon that's a great price, if it's a two-tube it's maybe a little below average. with out knowing all options hard to say exactly. I recently looked at every company out there, and dealers all over the country, prices do vary widely, you do have to look all over to get the best price. I would pay more for a good local dealer as well.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links