Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
jtb9212

Default Christmas Island

Went to Christmas Island for $.25 wing nite. Food was great as usual and I like Tom and Wendy but when were getting close to leaving we had some wings left over that we wanted to take home, and we were told that if we wanted to take them "to go" we would have to pay another $.10 per wing.

I thought the waitress was kidding, but she wasn't. Explain to me the difference. If I pay the money to order them, and I eat all of them I pay $.25 but if I have 10 left I have to pay $.10 more each wing? Does that strike anyone else strange? I'm not cheap by any means and I dont mind paying my fair share, but that is odd and just makes zero sense to me.

Also, I was there with 7 other people and they were of the same position I am/was. We were also told by the waitress that they will not do seperate checks anymore and that they would split them at the end. Well, she did and it was all screwed up.

What are other people's thoughts?
jtb9212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
TomC

Default do they have a bar?

is the wing special like a 'happy hour' thing? If so, i imagine they are willing to make little/lose money on the wings as long as the table is ordering drinks. But if you buy them and head out the door, they lose their "loss leader"
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TomC For This Useful Post:
Waterbaby (01-18-2013)
Old 01-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Woodsy

Most places that have a "Wing Night" special are for 'Dine In" only. When your selling them for .25 a wing the profit margin is pretty much non-existant. Restaurants run specials like this to keep people in the restaurant drinking (high profit) and possibly ordering something to eat that is more profitable off the menu. No restaurant is in business to give the food away...

Woodsy

PS: I go to the Christmas Island a lot for Wing Night and have nothing but a great time and great service!
Reilly (01-13-2012)
Old 01-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
CGI3

Default Great meal!

After reading the few posts I decided to try it out for the 1st time in a long time this past Fri. night. I thought the food was fantastic, and very reasonable. Worth giving the place a try if you have not already.
CGI3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
angela4design

I think that is a "dine in" special, too. And the best thing I can say about Christmas Island Steakhouse is "CHAR-GRILLED PRIME RIB". Is your mouth watering yet? It's ah-mazing. And Thursday nights, they have an AYCE Prime Rib buffet for only $13.95! Check out the Facebook page for specials, they post them alot. Dee-lish!
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angela4design For This Useful Post:
lunch lady (01-17-2013), Waterbaby (01-18-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
AC2717

any mention of the hotel closing down and selling as condos
is the restaurant in the same boat??
Old 01-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
Belmont Resident

Default Lobster

I went with friends this fall when they had their lobster festival. My friends was great he got surf and turf with boiled lobsters but both his wife and I got twin baked stuffed lobsters and they were like rubber, both of ours.
They were friends of the owners so I didn’t say anything but told them I definitely would not get lobster there again. But the rice pilaf that came with it was great so it wasn’t a total loss.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #8
jetskier

Post Awful

I gave Christmas Island Steakhouse a try during the summer and the food was horrible. I ordered chicken and it came out charcoal. It was not edible.

In addition, the place is completely run down and musty smelling.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
Bracey

I think any place can have a bad night, or serve a bad meal. It has happened on very rare occasion for me at CI. But have gone back and been completely impressed. And overall, I like the place, very much.

That has even happened to me at Harts. But will never keep me away from there, or anywhere else for that matter.
Bracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
NBR

I've gone to CI for over 30 years nd never had a bad meal. Some have been great.
NBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
SIKSUKR

This is pretty standard for a cheap wing night. Its almost like going to an AYCE night and asking to load up a doggy bag to go. The cheap wings are to get you there to spend money on other beverages. If you go in and order 40 wings to go that wouldn't fly at 25 cents.
Belmont Resident (01-12-2012)
Old 01-13-2012, 02:49 AM   #12
trfour

Thumbs up Christmas Island SteakHouse

I haven't been there for a while. However, I used to live right across the street for many years and they always took good care of me, family and friends... Never any complaints from us, the food and service was always AWESOME! Prime Rib, Sea Food, Filet Mignon, and many other ( Melt In Your Mouth ) delicacies!

Do not Liston to the j's, out here as they tend to run their motors way too rich and breath in too much carbon monoxide...

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #13
dpg

Hold on now I do sort of agree what's the difference what you do with your order??? I mean I can see not ordering 4 dozen of the things eating 6 and taking the rest to go that would be wrong. However having a few left over should be no big deal. The first thought that comes to mind is that their re-serving them to someone else. I mean if their throwing them away anyways what's the diff? I do realize all that's thrown out in business's like that and it's a shame.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #14
Belmont Resident

Default New owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfour View Post
I haven't been there for a while. However, I used to live right across the street for many years and they always took good care of me, family and friends... Never any complaints from us, the food and service was always AWESOME! Prime Rib, Sea Food, Filet Mignon, and many other ( Melt In Your Mouth ) delicacies!

Do not Liston to the j's, out here as they tend to run their motors way too rich and breath in too much carbon monoxide...

Terry
Belmont Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Belmont Resident For This Useful Post:
trfour (01-19-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #15
surfnsnow

drove by christmas island yesterday around 2:00pm and saw alot os fire trucks and police in the parking lot, i couldn't tell if the place was on fire. anybody know anything?
surfnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #16
PaugusBayFireFighter

Chimney fire...
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #17
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Not sure how closely you have been following but it is new owners running the place and from what I understand the old owners have stayed on to help with the transition.
I talk to Tony who owns the Steak House, He has a general manager running the show so he can retire from the business. He did not say he sold the property.

As for Tommy, who owns the motel, he sold the motel to a developer who is creating a condominium complex.

I bet Phil is rolling in his grave.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #18
WakeboardMom

Why is Phil rolling in his grave? Is it possible that you are speaking for yourself, that Phil might not agree completely about what you think the legacy should be? Perhaps Phil is not spinning in his grave.

My husband's family has been vacationing here since the 40's (much of that time across the street from Christmas Island..back when Jayne Mansfield was a guest...lol) Although I've only been here as a part of that family since 1980 so I'' a newbie...but times change. Life goes on.

I might venture a guess that Phil might be happy that folks are still enjoying his little piece of the big lake.

(No lectures, please, about economics. I come from nothin'. You gotta have more than "working-class people can't afford to be here." Thank you. : )
Old 12-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #19
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post

I hope Phil is/was a visionary who sees how times change.

Broadhopper, please come to my house for a cocktail, a meal, or just to hang out for a bit. We are the future of the lake.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 AM   #20
Belmont Resident

Quote:
I talk to Tony who owns the Steak House, He has a general manager running the show so he can retire from the business. He did not say he sold the property.

As for Tommy, who owns the motel, he sold the motel to a developer who is creating a condominium complex.

We have a friend who loves the place, is very friendly with the owners, that is just what I was told by him.
Our last visit was our last visit. We went for the prime rib all you can eat with our friends who love the place. We got there early but one of our party decided to order off the menu. We decided to wait and all eat together so we nibbled on one of the appetizers while we waited and waited and waited.
When our friends meal came we all went up to get ours but not much was left, we waited and waited and finally after she was done eating were told that they were out of food.
In the end it was just a really bad experience and because of it we will not return. There were a lot of other things about the way it was handled that brought this on. Attitude is everything!
I understand it can be hard to plan for a buffet but the cook who obviously though we should have no reason for having not eaten and the owners husband were not happy with us at all.
I guess they assumed that 3 of us should have eaten while the 4th sat and waited for her meal to come? They offered to grill up some steaks for the 3 of us and by the time they were done our friends wife was sitting there watching us eat way overcooked steaks.
In the end my wife who hasn't been there since the year we met has no interest in venturing back.
One thing we both have noticed of late is it seems like the further you get away from the lake the better the service quality gets. The food isn't always much better but the whole attitude is more professional. IMHO
I guess that is why we tend to gravitate to Concord when we want to go out to eat.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #21
BroadHopper

Default Phil's vision

I don't know Phil that well, my Dad was close friends since high school. My Dad was one of the builders of the cottages on the island during the late 40's and 50's. Phil was quite the visionary at the time.

I do know he wants his siblings and grandkids to enjoy the profit of the land for years to come. He did very well for himself from the resort and went on to building a horse farm on Cotton Hill and raised famous harness race horses such as 'Yankee Bambino'.

Tommy lives at the farm for many years. Before Phil gave him the motel, he was a builder of many fine homes around the area. I quess inn keeping is not his bag.

Tony managed the bar and grill for years. he had his ups and downs through the years, emotionally and financially. I quess life is getting to him and he wants to get away. Finding a general manager is no easy task. Many wannabees out there who don't take pride in the work or business. Those that do are taken.

I wish the boys well. They fell on hard times.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #22
Winnisquamguy

Default Christmas Island Makeover Gets Planning Board Approval

LACONIA — The Planning Board gave a green light last night to the Lakehouses at Christmas Island project which will see a complete redevelopment of the Christmas Island Resort.
All of the existing 47 motel units will be demolished with only two large cottage units and the Christmas Island Steakhouse left from the original development, which dates to the 1950s.
Developer Romeo Lacasse plans to have 18 condo units, two two-story, 4,000 square foot cottages and 16 new condo units, each with about 2,400 square feet of space, which would be located in eight new duplex units.
The duplex buildings will be spaced along the 1,000 feet of waterfront, providing each unit with views of the lake. Each of the units will include a garage for one car and space for a second in the driveway while visitor parking would be provided along the access road behind the buildings.
Lacasse, who developed Nature's View, a residential subdivision in Lakeport, said the units will have a lakehouse style and said after the meeting that he was very pleased with the board's decision.
All of the new units, with the exception of a small utility building, will be built behind the 50-foot wetland buffer and decrease the need for some of the current pavement, reducing the amount of impervious surfaces on the 3.2 acre lot by more than 20 percent according to Jon Rokeh of Rokeh Consulting, LLC, who is engineering the project.
Rokeh said that the project will see all of the utilities upgraded and placed underground while all of the trees in the shoreland area will be retained.
The properties closest to the water will be built on slab and the ones that are set further back will have full basements.
Rokeh said that currently storm water flows across the pavement into two direct discharge pipes that flow directly into Langley Cove. He said drainage conditions will be improved through the use of catch basins containing snouts, the use of rain gardens, which will collect roof water from the buildings, and the creation of a swale which will help contain runoff, as well as additional vegetation in the 50-foot buffer area.
Attorney Regina Nadeau, who represented the developer, said that legal issues remained with the roadway known as Prescott Avenue and who actually owns it. She said that creation of a sidewalk requires that easements be obtained from the heirs of Prescott Farm.
'The board attached several conditions to its approval, including the resolution of the roadway status, expressed support for a wide shoulder rather than sidewalks along the roadway and a prohibition against the storage of boat or snowmobile trailers on the property.

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/index...board-approval
mcdude (01-09-2013), PaugusBayFireFighter (01-09-2013), trfour (01-09-2013)
Old 01-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #23
PaugusBayFireFighter

Langley Cove is tiny. I'm curious if these units will have any boat slips. I'll miss my old launch.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #24
Wolfeborough Diner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb9212 View Post
Went to Christmas Island for $.25 wing nite. Food was great as usual and I like Tom and Wendy but when were getting close to leaving we had some wings left over that we wanted to take home, and we were told that if we wanted to take them "to go" we would have to pay another $.10 per wing.

I thought the waitress was kidding, but she wasn't. Explain to me the difference. If I pay the money to order them, and I eat all of them I pay $.25 but if I have 10 left I have to pay $.10 more each wing? Does that strike anyone else strange? I'm not cheap by any means and I dont mind paying my fair share, but that is odd and just makes zero sense to me.

Also, I was there with 7 other people and they were of the same position I am/was. We were also told by the waitress that they will not do seperate checks anymore and that they would split them at the end. Well, she did and it was all screwed up.

I hate the idea of it... I love the wings there and I understand they need to make money but you shouldn't be charged more if you can't finish. A lot of places do this. I know it is the same the for Wild Willys in Acton. I can understand paying more if it is to go, but I don't think you should get penalized for having leftovers......
Wolfeborough Diner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #25
Mr. V

Quote:
Explain to me the difference.
Gladly.

Wings at .25 are a loss leader, an attraction offered in hopes that you will order off the menu and buy alcohol.

They can't make a profit off you when you eat the wings at home.

Makes perfect sense to me.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #26
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

What I don't understand is what they would do with the wings if they were left there. If they were on the plate or table, they can't resell them. I can see if someone ordered a second plateful or went to a buffet and refilled their dish and then asked to take it home, that it would not be fair to the restaurant. So how DO you order wings here? Is it all you can eat, or a buffet or what?
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #27
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
What I don't understand is what they would do with the wings if they were left there. If they were on the plate or table, they can't resell them. I can see if someone ordered a second plateful or went to a buffet and refilled their dish and then asked to take it home, that it would not be fair to the restaurant. So how DO you order wings here? Is it all you can eat, or a buffet or what?
You order them in quantities, not sure amounts.
When you go to a buffet and overfill your plate you don't take it home.
I believe it may clearly state in the menu or on the billboard eat in only. But either way I believe it is more of a point then anything else. The wings are what happy hour is to alcohol. You are drawn in by the price of the wings and usually buy drinks. They are loosing money on the wings in an attempt to offset it with alcohol sales. Someone could come in order wings with water and the bar has lost money, then to allow them to over order and expect to take them home, well you do the math. I totally agree with the bar's stand on not allowing people to over order at a reduced rate and then take them home.
Personally I am not a fan of Christmas Island but to each their own.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #28
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

That's no different than asking for a doggy bag after eating your fill on a buffet..........Those loss leaders are intended to be
all you can eat,not all you can take home.
Geez....give them a break,it's a good deal.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post:
KPW (01-18-2013), Winnisquamguy (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #29
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

That is the point I was trying to make BR and Sam. It isn't fair for people to expect to take them home. However, if there were 3 or 4 left on their plate and they didn't order a second helping, in other words, they didn't order too many just to take some home, why not give them to them rather than throw them away?
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #30
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
That is the point I was trying to make BR and Sam. It isn't fair for people to expect to take them home. However, if there were 3 or 4 left on their plate and they didn't order a second helping, in other words, they didn't order too many just to take some home, why not give them to them rather than throw them away?
I'm with you tis, if there are only a few left over then why not be allowed to take them home.

If they don't want people buying 100 wings at a time and then only eating 10 there and bringing the rest home, then they should put a restriction on the amount you can order at one time. If you pay for the wings then they are yours to do what you want with them.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #31
lunch lady

Question seperate checks

I can't figure out why they won't do seperate checks. I know it's more work but I would think they would make more in tips. Each couple will tip 20%, but if all together they would get less. I haven't been there in a year but reading the reviews I think it's time to go again.
lunch lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #32
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Separate or combined..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunch lady View Post
I can't figure out why they won't do seperate checks. I know it's more work but I would think they would make more in tips. Each couple will tip 20%, but if all together they would get less. I haven't been there in a year but reading the reviews I think it's time to go again.
Most people we go out with, whether for drinks or for a meal will just split down the middle...in the long run, it all evens out. We do have a couple of friends that will order one meal and split it, and not drink. Separate checks are in order then.

Would a waiter or waitress make more with separate checks as opposed to a combined check, I don't believe they will. If together the bill is $80, and we are doing a 20% tip, the tip would be $16. If we got separate checks, and it worked out to approximately $40 each, we would each tip 20% or $8 each, $16 in total.

Not doing separate checks does cost a few businesses money with our friends that do want them...we just do not go to those businesses, at least when we are going out together.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #33
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I'm with you tis, if there are only a few left over then why not be allowed to take them home.

If they don't want people buying 100 wings at a time and then only eating 10 there and bringing the rest home, then they should put a restriction on the amount you can order at one time. If you pay for the wings then they are yours to do what you want with them.
Maybe there is only seven in an order so you would be taking half. My concern is why are you all pissed off over a .10 cent wing.She might have a local farmer she gives all her stuff too. Who cares,again none of our business.One last thought if you don't like the policy there is plenty of other places now offering wing night.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #34
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunch lady View Post
I am definitely not understanding your math...

To the OP, this time maybe you had 3 left over on your plate. Say they let you take it home. Next time you have 6 left over on your plate. What then? The line has to be drawn somewhere and they have clearly drawn it.
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #35
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
Maybe there is only seven in an order so you would be taking half. My concern is why are you all pissed off over a .10 cent wing.She might have a local farmer she gives all her stuff too. Who cares,again none of our business.One last thought if you don't like the policy there is plenty of other places now offering wing night.
You need to learn how to relax. I'm not "pissed" off and I would probably pay the extra .10 cents to take them home. The Original poster stated it made no sense to him/her and I stated my opinion about it.

I am allowed to have an opinion aren't I?

BTW you don't have to be concerned about me so much. It's not good for your blood pressure.

Have a good day!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #36
Waterbaby

Default Talk to Tom!

Quote:

Why don't you talk to Tom or Wendy and ask what the rationale is?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #37
Waterbaby

Default Char-Grilled Prime Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela4design View Post
I think that is a "dine in" special, too. And the best thing I can say about Christmas Island Steakhouse is "CHAR-GRILLED PRIME RIB". Is your mouth watering yet? It's ah-mazing. And Thursday nights, they have an AYCE Prime Rib buffet for only $13.95! Check out the Facebook page for specials, they post them alot. Dee-lish!
No kidding it's delish, I think Tony Roux invented that years ago! Hubby and I have been to restaurants wanting prime rib grilled and it is so not as good as CI's is!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #38
Winnisquamguy

I just got the news that Christmas Island Steakhouse will be closing on January 5, 2014. Not sure where Wendy and Tom are going to end up. Not sure what Tony is going to do with the building I know it was for sale so maybe he finally sold it. I will find out.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #39
BroadHopper

Default Tony

I knew Tony since high school. He had a tough life. I do know he hired a business manager to run the business two years ago and that why there have been a lot of changes.

Tommy ran the motel, he sold out a while ago. I am not sure why Tony would sell out is that is all he knows. I do know Tony is getting tired, hunch the manager, but he never expressed selling the business.

I will see him tonight at a party in Tuftonboro. I will let you know.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #40
pjard

We went there tonight for dinner and our waitress confirmed they are closing on January 5th.
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #41
AKADQ

What is the reason for closing ? Because the building is for sale mls#4320539...
AKADQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #42
PaugusBayFireFighter

Anybody who buys that property will have to put a ton of money into it and I believe they lost a lot of parking spaces to the new development. There was talk of the new developers converting the restaurant into a clubhouse for the new condos. Guess not.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #43
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default PBFF: You owe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter View Post
Anybody who buys that property will have to put a ton of money into it and I believe they lost a lot of parking spaces to the new development. There was talk of the new developers converting the restaurant into a clubhouse for the new condos. Guess not.
You owe me a new laptop. I broke my screen trying to get at that little bug running around in your signature area.

I am , so back to the regularly scheduled program of Christmas Island.
KPW (12-14-2013), Newbiesaukee (12-13-2013), Phantom (12-13-2013), trfour (12-13-2013)
Old 05-10-2014, 02:25 AM   #44
Waterbaby

Default Broadhopper -- Any more info?

Quote:
I knew Tony since high school. He had a tough life. I do know he hired a business manager to run the business two years ago and that why there have been a lot of changes.

Tommy ran the motel, he sold out a while ago. I am not sure why Tony would sell out is that is all he knows. I do know Tony is getting tired, hunch the manager, but he never expressed selling the business.

I will see him tonight at a party in Tuftonboro. I will let you know.
Hey BH - just came across this post, did you ever get any info from Tony? I miss him and Bonnie, my husband and I were great friends with them for years but lost touch a few years ago.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #45
PaugusBayFireFighter

Would love to see someone buy this property and bring back the steak house. Parking is an issue but the price is right. Great location too!
Old 08-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #46
BroadHopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbaby View Post
Hey BH - just came across this post, did you ever get any info from Tony? I miss him and Bonnie, my husband and I were great friends with them for years but lost touch a few years ago.
I haven't heard from him since he left for FL. I will check with his brother Tommy.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:41 PM   #47
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
I haven't heard from him since he left for FL. I will check with his brother Tommy.
Tony was flipping steaks all summer down the Weirs. The man can cook a steak!
Old 08-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #48
wynndog

Unhappy food

Well that reminds me of a time I was out at an all you can eat spaghetti. My father,87, took one helping, then didn't feel well and I asked to take his home.
Now this was $10.00 for; salad, (no meatballs)and pasta. I was told NO.
I had to just through it away.
City Hall is not the only place you can't fight.

Last edited by wynndog; 08-25-2014 at 06:53 PM. Reason: was supposed to be a reply to jptb9212
wynndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:27 AM   #49
PaugusBayFireFighter

Default Another vacant building eyesore

Seems the old Steakhouse restaurant property is doomed and will never be sold, another eye sore. The condos they have been building at the old Motel site are among the slowest construction projects I've ever seen. Not 1 unit fully complete after years of work. Pretty sad situation on the old Christmas Island properties.
The Following User Says Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post:
Misha888 (12-27-2014)
Old 12-27-2014, 08:19 AM   #50
sluggo

From what I was told the condos are not built according to the original plans that were permitted and now it is considered a non-conforming structure until they fix the problem.
sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sluggo For This Useful Post:
Misha888 (12-27-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 07:59 AM   #51
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
From what I was told the condos are not built according to the original plans that were permitted and now it is considered a non-conforming structure until they fix the problem.
Thanks sluggo...

Last edited by PaugusBayFireFighter; 01-09-2015 at 06:58 AM.