Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
Airwaves

Default Admission of illegal fishing!

Quote:
Forum: Boating 08-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Posted By elchase
What a day

Great day out there yesterday. Fished four hours in the morning. Caught 7 salmon and 2 lakers.
The law regarding salmon and lakers is listed below.

Quote:
Lake Trout
Landlocked Salmon
Season: April 1 to September 30. 2 fish daily limit. Minimum length 15 inches. Daily bag limit for lake trout and salmon is 2 fish– (2 lake trout, 2 salmon, or 1 of each.)
Have a good day fishing did you? 9 fish...7 over the limit! So ElChase, in addition to wanting power boats off the lake now wants all the fish to himself regardless of the law?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
Lakegeezer

Default Fish and Foul

There's catching fish, and then there is the bag limit. Very different. As long as no more than 2 at a time were kept, no foul.
JDeere (09-11-2009), Jonas Pilot (09-11-2009), Rattlesnake Gal (09-11-2009)
Old 09-11-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Thumbs down You Are Very Aggressive Airwaves

Airwaves, do you have to be so aggressive?

Where is the link to the thread with the original post?
Daily bag limit for lake trout and salmon is 2 fish– (2 lake trout, 2 salmon, or 1 of each.)
The definition of bag limit: The number of fish that may be kept by an Angler legally.

elchase did not necessarily do anything wrong unless more than the limit of fish were kept. Have a nice day Airwaves. Be nice, would you?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
JDeere (09-11-2009), Jonas Pilot (09-11-2009), upthesaukee (09-11-2009)
Old 09-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Unhappy LG is correct...

Bag limit is 2 per day. Fishing and releasing unharmed all day.

Here in streams, and elsewhere from VT to Alaska, we have caught 10 to 20 fish on up to literally a hundred fish (grayling in Alaska). All catch and release, my hooks are barbless, I don't eat fish, but I enjoy fishing.

ELchase never said he kept 9 fish.

Pardon the hunting reference, but a little quick on the trigger on that one, AW.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
Argie's Wife

Do any of the towns still have stockades in the center square?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
Airwaves

Why did this get moved to speed limits? Was he catching fish to fast? BTW his post says nothing about releasing.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #7
alsadad

Default bag limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
BTW his post says nothing about releasing.
Of course his post says nothing about keeping the fish either. Why the jump to conclude the worst? You know the old saying: "Some see the glass as half full, some see it as half empty. I see half a glass and wonder who has the next round."
Old 09-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
Airwaves

True enough, but my point is that based on what he said...not what he didn't say...he violated the law.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:02 PM   #9
Resident 2B

Quote:
Why did this get moved to speed limits?
The speed limit supporters are doing their best to fool the public into thinking the lake is so much safer with the speed limit. In this case, the picture of tranquility on the lake landing fish after fish is the smoke job. It implies you could not do this last year before the "cowboys" were pushed off the lake.

Just more mush from the supporters.

You are right, if it is about fishing, why is it here?

R2B
Old 09-18-2009, 05:32 AM   #10
Mink Islander

Default Oh good grief Airwaves.

If you were a fisherman, you'd know the difference between catching fish and the bag limit. Instead, you jump to a conclusion and now whine "well he didn't say he released them" waaah waaah. Too funny.

Perhaps you should write a post on the fishing thread that tells fisherman how they should disclose their catch so you don't get confused when you read their fishing reports.

And while you're at it you should go to Fishlakewinni.com and jump on all those posters who give fishing reports too. OMG, apparently they're all breaking the law too because they don't meet your standard of disclosure when they tell what they caught (and released). We are all so grateful for your bringing to light this illegal activity happening right under our noses. Who knew?! LOL.

Oh, and what about a fishing license? ElChase didn't say he had one. Whoa. Maybe another crime was committed! Was his boat registered? Does he have his boater certificate? Did he have all his PFDs? Without more complete disclosure, we all must conclude that a whole host of illegal activity was going on that day.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mink Islander For This Useful Post:
chipj29 (09-18-2009), fatlazyless (09-25-2009), Island Life (09-18-2009), Jonas Pilot (09-18-2009), NightWing (09-22-2009), nshore (09-18-2009), SIKSUKR (09-18-2009), Skip (09-18-2009), trfour (09-18-2009), Turtle Boy (09-18-2009)
Old 09-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #11
Airwaves

Originally posted by Mink Islander
Quote:
If you were a fisherman, you'd know the difference between catching fish and the bag limit. Instead, you jump to a conclusion and now whine "well he didn't say he released them" waaah waaah. Too funny.

Perhaps you should write a post on the fishing thread that tells fisherman how they should disclose their catch so you don't get confused when you read their fishing reports.
Yep, I know what a bag limit is. I made a comment based on WHAT EL CHASE WROTE, not on what YOU THINK HE MEANT.

I don't recall complaining or whining I just made a comment. It is you guys that have been whinning that El Chase meant this...or El Chase meant that...boo hoo.

BTW I put the comments in the Fish Tales section of the forum. I did not move it here to speed limits and I fail to see its relavance to speed limits.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #12
Mink Islander

Default Because

The ONLY reason you started this post is because you don't like ELChase's views on the speed limit so it probably belongs here, or in the recycle bin. This was simply an unfounded personal attack that backfired on the original poster. I'm surprised Don didn't just delete it altogether.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mink Islander For This Useful Post:
nshore (09-21-2009), Skip (09-19-2009), SteveA (09-20-2009), sunset on the dock (09-19-2009)
Old 09-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #13
Airwaves

So now in addition to KNOWING what El Chase MEANT to say, you KNOW what I was thinking! What are tonight's winning Powerball numbers?

And while you are at it why don't you recap what happened during school vacation week in 1994 that got my interest up in fishing limits and outrage that I feel against people who ignore those limits...I'm really interested to see how much YOU KNOW about my motives!
Old 09-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #14
sunset on the dock

Quote:
So now in addition to KNOWING what El Chase MEANT to say, you KNOW what I was thinking! What are tonight's winning Powerball numbers?

And while you are at it why don't you recap what happened during school vacation week in 1994 that got my interest up in fishing limits and outrage that I feel against people who ignore those limits...I'm really interested to see how much YOU KNOW about my motives!

Well glad you cleared that up! Of course... school vacation week of 1994...how could we have been so senseless?!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:33 AM   #15
ApS

Question Salmon...?

Quote:
"...in addition to wanting power boats off the lake now wants all the fish to himself regardless of the law...?"
I have this nagging assumption that he used a power boat to catch these particular fish.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:01 AM   #16
SIKSUKR

There is nobody that dislikes ElChase's posts more than me but this thread strikes me as way out of line.
nshore (09-21-2009)
Old 09-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #17
Airwaves

Perhaps most of you don't take what I consider to be poaching seriously, you figure it's no big deal. I do take it seriously!

Couple it with the fact that the offender is vocal about something you all know I oppose I can see where you might think this is a personal attack. It is not, it is an attack on his actions!

This thread does not belong in speed limits, it has nothing to do with speed limits it has everything to do with keeping our lake's resources managed properly!

Obviously I was wrong to think that people that use and enjoy Winnipesaukee care about such things!
Old 09-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #18
Skip

Unhappy Totally unbelievable!

Quote:
...Perhaps most of you don't take what I consider to be poaching seriously, you figure it's no big deal. I do take it seriously!...
Yes, I guess if we use your aforementioned logic, since we have not specifically stated we take poaching seriously, you feel free to interpret this as to mean that we must condone poaching!

Quote:
... I can see where you might think this is a personal attack. It is not, it is an attack on his actions!...
Once again, what actions are tha? In the State of New Hampshire you can catch as many fish as you would like. The limits are on the type and/or number of fish that you keep in your possession. El chase only stated he caught a number of fish, quite legal in this State. You then surmised and made up the fact that he must have kept those fish. With no evidence to support such a position you are at best committing a personal attack and at worst, by continuing to insinuate a crime occurred, be deemed as committing criminal defamation under RSA 644:11. The only thing that has protected you is that El chase is using an assumed name.

Quote:
...This thread does not belong in speed limits, it has nothing to do with speed limits...
Agreed, maybe Don needs to start a forum entitled "Cheap personal attacks and unbridled innuendo".

Quote:
...Obviously I was wrong to think that people that use and enjoy Winnipesaukee care about such things!
Wow, I was very torn in using this particular sentence. Seldom, if ever, have you admitted to being wrong in the myriad of posts you have made where indeed you were wrong. That said, once again using your logic of "you didn't denty it, so it must be true!", then you must be correct. I have never formally posted that I truly do care about such things. So for your edification I hereby pledge that yes, I do enjoy Lake Winnipesaukee and I do care about such things.

There, are you happy now?

(and you still owe El chase an apology)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skip For This Useful Post:
JDeere (09-22-2009), Jonas Pilot (09-21-2009), Rattlesnake Gal (09-21-2009), robmac (09-22-2009)
Old 09-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #19
Rattlesnake Gal

Arrow There's Just No Proof Airwaves!

Airwaves, whether you meant to or not, this post has come off as a personal attack on elchase.

Poaching is a very serious matter, but you have absolutely no proof of illegal fishing - he never said that he kept the fish in question. If this case was to go before a judge based on elchase’s statement, it would be thrown out of court.

The original thread was titled Sailing and was posted in the Boating Forum. Scroll down to post #50. Personally I think it would have been better if you had kept elchase's quote this in the thread it was posted. That is a very big reason your post looks like an attack. IMHO.

Last edited by Rattlesnake Gal; 09-21-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Add Link
Old 09-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #20
VtSteve

I have to agree with them Airwaves, you got off on the wrong foot on this one, and someone thought it would be pretty cool to have it moved to this section. At any rate, time to at least say that there's at least two sides to this story, and since you don't know the real story, time to bail out. You jumped the gun, thought it was clear at the time..... or even that you should have just not posted or edited it. Just a Woops type of thing. Might have felt good at the time, but it's a stinker now.

And Skip, as for Unbridled Innuendo. I believe there's a thread for that already. Isn't that the Laconia Sun thread?
The Following User Says Thank You to VtSteve For This Useful Post:
OCDACTIVE (09-21-2009)
Old 09-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #21
codeman671

I can't believe this thread is still going.. Don, please stop the madness!

SL debate is one thing, but this thread this is a joke gone bad. Just downright petty...
Old 09-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #22
elchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
The only thing that has protected you is that El chase is using an assumed name.
Thank you Skip. As some on these threads already found, my name is "Ed" Chase. Those who did not believe I was using my real name at first have already confirmed who I am through an "investigation". They found out where I live, made sure I knew that they knew in these anti-SL threads, and even called my home a few times. I picked the moniker "elchase" because "Lawrence" is my middle name and "E.L." are my initials. All the banter about me being the same person as Sunset, Turtle Boy, et al was amusing, but not worth correcting. I figured it was just all part of the ploy to paint the image that there is really only one person in NH who likes the effects of our SL law and that he posts under all these different names to give the impression there are more.
I did not ignore Airwaves because I am using an "assumed name", I just assumed he was a child whose parents were not supervising his use of the computer and I did not want to embarrass myself by getting into an argument with him only to find out he was 12 years old. His adolescent nonsense does not merit the attention he seeks, even in the form of the bashing he has been taking. He's been taken to the "woodshed" enough, and as others have been suggesting, it's probably best that this thread just fade away. It's been fun to read though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
Even EL in his sailboat....
Thunderboy, I respectfully bowed out of these threads two weeks ago, but you can't leave well-enough alone, can you? This is the eighth time you have mentioned me since I stopped posting. You keep badgering and badgering as if to beg me to come back. What is your obsession with me? WHO IS THE TROLL? And what kind of life do you have? You must sit at your computer monitoring these threads 22 hours a day. It's 11 o'clock at night and you will probably reply within thirty seconds. Then there will be eight new posts by you in the anti-SL threads before I get back in from fishing in the morning. Get a hobby. Attend a Star Trek convention or something. Please leave me alone. I'm enjoying the SL, but it's not my whole life. Some of you guys have serious issues. When I was your age I had more important things to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
While we discuss the compromise for the sake of discussion, you are the one who acted as if you could set the law if we agreed to your idea.
RG, are you really that naive? You really could not see what I was doing? Very sad. The others seemed to catch on pretty quick. The point is that 99% of the boats on Winnipesaukee can be shown to plane below 18.6 MPH. So bring that "use the planning speed" proposal to Concord...please. I just wanted to see if any of you were man enough to stand by your own recommendation once you saw what it really meant. And none were.

And hazelnut, I can't seem to find the apology you promised for calling me a liar. You're a real class act.

Now I'll sign off again unless you guys want to keep dragging me back.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
nvtngtxpyr (09-22-2009)
Old 09-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #23
Shedwannabe

elchase

However you came up with your name, whatever your position on speed-limits, no matter how many other names you use or don't use...I'm hooked.....

How many fish did you take home?
Old 09-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #24
Rattlesnake Gal

Thumbs down Stop Using Quotes From Other Threads!

This thread is about illegal fishing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
RG, are you really that naive? You really could not see what I was doing? Very sad. The others seemed to catch on pretty quick. The point is that 99% of the boats on Winnipesaukee can be shown to plane below 18.6 MPH. So bring that "use the planning speed" proposal to Concord...please. I just wanted to see if any of you were man enough to stand by your own recommendation once you saw what it really meant. And none were.
elchase, if you want to respond to Rattlesnake Guy about the Minimum Planing Speed - take it to the thread involved.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
OCDACTIVE (09-22-2009)
Old 09-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #25
elchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedwannabe View Post
How many fish did you take home?
I rarely keep the fish I catch and I've never taken more fish than the law allows. I think that someone would have to be a real idiot to break the law and then post about it on a public forum. But then, there are a lot of real idiots out there.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #26
elchase

Quote:
13 hours..... welcome back
Two minutes and 15 seconds...you must have been in the bathroom. Get a life.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #27
chipj29

Quote:
Two minutes and 15 seconds...you must have been in the bathroom. Get a life.
Quote:
Now that doesn't sound to objective or unpersonal.....
Seriously...I think it is time that both of you knocked this crap off. It really is getting old.
ironhorsetim (09-22-2009), upthesaukee (09-22-2009)
Old 09-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #28
elchase

Quote:
agreed... If you look above I hadn't even posted in this thread.. I have no idea how I got quoted here.....
Ya, you're a real victim you are. You had two weeks to stop prodding without a single reply but just couldn't stay off my back. Now it's me that is harassing you? Poor baby. I'll leave you alone now. Let's see how long you can keep me out of your posts.
I have to go anyway, SL supporters are only allowed three posts a day on this forum and I've reached my daily limit.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #29
OCDACTIVE

EL not to worry, I removed all my posts. I dont' want to offend you or get dragged into the mud. Sorry if a little razzing got your knickers in a bunch.

Take care.. See you around the boards I'm sure.

As for illegal fishing I am not much of a fisherman, however could someone explain bag limit?

Also, is there some type of fishing license that can be limited?

The reason I ask is "if" I were to fish 2 times a year it would be more then normal for me.... I was told even one time requires a license.... Is there some type of license that would be better for someone like myself who is not an avid fisherman? I heard they sold 1 day or 2 day licenses but it was almost the same cost for the yearly one.

thanks

sorry for getting off topic earlier...
Old 09-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #30
chipj29

Quote:
Ya, you're a real victim you are. You had two weeks to stop prodding without a single reply but just couldn't stay off my back. Now it's me that is harassing you? Poor baby. I'll leave you alone now. Let's see how long you can keep me out of your posts.
I have to go anyway, SL supporters are only allowed three posts a day on this forum and I've reached my daily limit.
Complete and utter BS. Your post limit has absolutely nothing to do with your position on the speed limit. I should know...up until recently I was limited as well.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #31
Rattlesnake Gal

Smile Bag Limit & Licenses

Quote:
As for illegal fishing I am not much of a fisherman, however could someone explain bag limit?

Also, is there some type of fishing license that can be limited?

The reason I ask is "if" I were to fish 2 times a year it would be more then normal for me.... I was told even one time requires a license.... Is there some type of license that would be better for someone like myself who is not an avid fisherman? I heard they sold 1 day or 2 day licenses but it was almost the same cost for the yearly one.
The definition of bag limit: The number of fish that may be kept by an Angler legally.

I believe a 24 hour license goes for $10.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #32
jmen24

RG is correct

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Lice...nse_prices.htm
Old 09-25-2009, 12:35 AM   #33
Airwaves

Here we are on the Fish Tales forum...no?

Hmm

So our resident LEO says:
Quote:
Totally unbelievable!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves
...Perhaps most of you don't take what I consider to be poaching seriously, you figure it's no big deal. I do take it seriously!...

Yes, I guess if we use your aforementioned logic, since we have not specifically stated we take poaching seriously, you feel free to interpret this as to mean that we must condone poaching!

Quote:
... I can see where you might think this is a personal attack. It is not, it is an attack on his actions!...

Once again, what actions are tha? In the State of New Hampshire you can catch as many fish as you would like. The limits are on the type and/or number of fish that you keep in your possession. El chase only stated he caught a number of fish, quite legal in this State. You then surmised and made up the fact that he must have kept those fish. With no evidence to support such a position you are at best committing a personal attack and at worst, by continuing to insinuate a crime occurred, be deemed as committing criminal defamation under RSA 644:11. The only thing that has protected you is that El chase is using an assumed name.

Quote:
...This thread does not belong in speed limits, it has nothing to do with speed limits...

Agreed, maybe Don needs to start a forum entitled "Cheap personal attacks and unbridled innuendo".

Quote:
...Obviously I was wrong to think that people that use and enjoy Winnipesaukee care about such things!

Wow, I was very torn in using this particular sentence. Seldom, if ever, have you admitted to being wrong in the myriad of posts you have made where indeed you were wrong. That said, once again using your logic of "you didn't denty it, so it must be true!", then you must be correct. I have never formally posted that I truly do care about such things. So for your edification I hereby pledge that yes, I do enjoy Lake Winnipesaukee and I do care about such things.

There, are you happy now?

(and you still owe El chase an apology)
Now, how can I respond? Skip, our expert in all things LEO, suggests that I have come close to criminal defimation!

As a LEO he certainly should appreciate that a subjects statement is just that, a statement. Not something that a LEO or anyone else should be reading another interpretation into. Of course that only holds true if you agree with whoever points out the discreprancy.

But wait, Skip has never actually said he's a LEO. He has allowed all of us to believe it by not clearing it up, but he has never said he's a LEO.

Civility and emails...that's a platform! 10-4?

It's time you stopped this nonsense of using a very good database to research RSAs before you offer an opinion. What would the voters think?

BTW, Miss your police cruiser avatar!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:30 AM   #34
Island Life

Quote:
So our resident LEO says:

Now, how can I respond? Skip, our expert in all things LEO, suggests that I have come close to criminal defimation!

As a LEO he certainly should appreciate that a subjects statement is just that, a statement. Not something that a LEO or anyone else should be reading another interpretation into. Of course that only holds true if you agree with whoever points out the discreprancy.
Don't know what an leo is but as a lawyer I can tell you, for future reference, that if you think you can avoid liability for defamatory (slanderous or - in the case of something you write on the internet - libelous) remarks by claiming that your words are merely "your statement" and are not open to interpretation, you're wrong. I'm not commenting at all on the facts of this thread - just letting you know that "I didn't mean it THAT way" is not a defense and that we all need to be mindful what we say about one another.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:33 AM   #35
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Life View Post
Don't know what an leo is but as a lawyer I can tell you, for future reference, that if you think you can avoid liability for defamatory (slanderous or - in the case of something you write on the internet - libelous) remarks by claiming that your words are merely "your statement" and are not open to interpretation, you're wrong. I'm not commenting at all on the facts of this thread - just letting you know that "I didn't mean it THAT way" is not a defense and that we all need to be mindful what we say about one another.
Thank you for your post.

A leo is a = Law Enforecment Officer
Old 09-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #36
SIKSUKR

Skip has said in the past that he was a LEO.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #37
Skip

Post Final thoughts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Skip has said in the past that he was a LEO.
You are correct. I have a number of years experience in this State spread across several different agencies. I am retired from that aspect now, but continue on as a civilian with a large law enforcement agency in this State, with which I also hope to retire from in the not too distant future...

The last post by Airwaves was an oblique attempt to show me that he had googled me (no big deal, most regular posters here know who I am) and is aware of items of my past and present.

I am extremely proud of my service to my Country (I am a Submarine service veteran of the United States Navy), the service I have provided as a law enforcement officer and the local service I have provided my community as a City Councilor, School Board member, member of the ZBA and Planning Board and a number of volunteer positions.

As some of you also know I am a Club Officer and Groomer operator for the snowmobile club I belong too, serve as a volunteer OHRV/Snowmobile youth safety class instructor for New Hampshire Fish & Game (I currently have two classes scheduled in the greater Lakes region area for this upcoming December) and in my spare time was recently appointed as the Secretary of the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association. Oh yes, I also am running for Mayor this fall in the seacoast community I grew up in.

Now you see why I need to retire...

Oh, and my youngest son, who is currently deployed to Iraq as a combat medic with the Army's 1st Cavalary Division, just informed us that he's going to make me a pround grandfather next January.

Oops, my apologies to Don and the reader here for hijacking this thread and puffing out my chest a little. I just thought I might want to fill in the blanks that Airwaves didn't discover, or chose to selectively ignore, in his google search.

Now I will gracefully bow out of this thread as it appears Airwaves has no intention of doing the honorable thing; admitting he made a mistake and apologizing for inferring that a fellow poster had broken the law....
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Skip For This Useful Post:
codeman671 (09-25-2009), DRH (09-25-2009), eillac@dow (09-26-2009), hazelnut (09-26-2009), Island Life (09-26-2009), Jonas Pilot (09-25-2009), Meredith lady (09-27-2009), Pineedles (09-25-2009), Seeker (09-25-2009), trfour (09-26-2009)
Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #38
Lakepilot

I'm a lawyer also and almost never disagree with Skip. He's is almost always right on. I've read many posts where I have skipped the name of the person writing the post, but midway thru, I look up to see if it's Skip. When he speaks, I listen.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #39
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I am extremely proud of my service to my Country (I am a Submarine service veteran of the United States Navy), ...

...Oh, and my youngest son, who is currently deployed to Iraq as a combat medic with the Army's 1st Cavalary Division, just informed us that he's going to make me a pround grandfather next January.

Skip,
My family thanks you and your family for your sacrifice and service.
Paul
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Guy For This Useful Post:
DRH (09-25-2009), eillac@dow (09-26-2009), granitebox (09-26-2009), Island Life (09-26-2009), Rattlesnake Gal (09-28-2009)
Old 09-26-2009, 12:22 PM   #40
Airwaves

My resume is also impressive, but I choose not to flaunt or share it when the discussion isn't going my way.

Yep, I researched Skip and found his is running on a platform of returning civility of politics to his community so it seems to me that this is the perfect place for him to practice is peace making skills. However when I or anyone else challenges what he says, or even questions it, he tends to pontificate from upon high without engaging in discussion. So exactly how are you going to restore civility? With a gavel?

I pointed out that his avatar and the name of his community are now missing. Did he get tired or it or is he trying to keep a little lower profile until Nov?

It is very obvious to everyone that Skip and I rub each other the wrong way and for dragging all of you into it, I appologize and hopefully Skip will as well.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #41
trfour

Default Dear Airwaves....

I certainly don't think that your resume can help you in this matter. And I quote you; " My resume is also impressive, but I choose not to flaunt or share it when the discussion isn't going my way."

Say what?

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Old 09-27-2009, 10:28 AM   #42
Island Life

Quote:
It is very obvious to everyone that Skip and I rub each other the wrong way and for dragging all of you into it, I appologize and hopefully Skip will as well.
Thank you for your apology Airwaves, but I have no need to hear Skip apologize. I don't visit this forum very often (as I really detest the bickering I sometimes see but do want to keep up with news from the Lake) but in my readings of Skip's posts, I have always seen him to be a straightforward, "just the facts" kind of guy who doesn't engage in negative banter. And I for one was pleased to see his (partial-I'm sure) list of public service to his community and the country as a whole. Wish I had the energy to give back to my community in that way. Thanks, Skip.
Rattlesnake Guy (09-27-2009)