Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-27-2015, 03:44 PM   #1
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Great Day on the Lake

We headed out of West Alton Marina around 9:30 or so, and went to Ames Farm for breakfast. A breakfast sandwich and a stack of pancakes later, headed out towards Timber Island, and almost turned back because of the wind and chop. Glad we didn't. Once in the lee of Timber, we slowed down to a slow cruise at about 7 MPH. We went around Mark and then between Mark & Bear to the east side of Bear. Up near the northern end, we picked up speed a bit to around 20 and zigzagged our way into Center Harbor. Plenty of docking, so after tying up, we made the obligatory walk to Patternworks for some one's, not mine, usual walk through. Then it was a walk over to Dewey' s for ice cream. Back to the boat to finish the ice cream, and after a little bit, we cast off and headed for Paugus Bay by way of Beaver and Pig Islands. Fairly light traffic from Governor 's to the channel and going through was uneventful. Once clear of the channel, we slow cruised past Pickerel cove, then past South Down, eating our picnic sandwiches, before picking up the speed again to head back to the channel. It was clouding up some and the wind was pretty brisk coming through, and of course it was in our faces. No problem, just give it a few more RPM's for steerage. We did catch up with an I/O after passing under the bridge that was just about at idle speed, so there was a little in and out of gear to stay clear. A little pain, but it was OK. Once clear, we opted to go out via the Governor Island bridge route. Saw some nice houses for sale that will not be our next house. Once clear of the bridge, it was a nice 20 or so MPH cruise with following seas back to West Alton. Not much boat traffic overall, and a nice preview of the week after Labor Day, our favorite week of the year.

I live here... I am always Upthesaukee.
ghfromaltonbay (08-29-2015), HellRaZoR004 (08-27-2015), trfour (08-28-2015)
Old 08-31-2015, 09:36 AM   #2
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Default Great Day!

Sounds like a great day! Where are the pictures?! You know we just can't get enough.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote